Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projected 53 Man Rosters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth Jack Harry told Scott Pioli that we are most likely keeping 5 running backs. I am not sure if he is counting Bannon as a running back, or possibly even Mccluster. I noticed that McCluster is listed as a running back on the chiefs website. We all Know Dex is being used as a receiver this year, but I am not sure if he is still classified as a running back or what. But I am assuming the 5th "Running back" is either DEX or Bannon.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think McCluster is one of five.

J

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This got me wondering, is keeping Dex listed as a RB some kind of contractual move. Does that somehow impact his current contracts incentives? What if in two years he becomes a great slot guy for us, and we decide to franchise him, wouldn't he being slotted as a RB be significantly cheaper to tag?

I guess I'm trying to understand what advantage keeping him as a RB presents.

^ryknowssd on the sig
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that on the depth chart the chiefs released to the press on monday that Dex is listed as a receiver. I guess the website just has not been updated since last year...so I am wondering who the 5th running back is...sometimes full backs and running backs are all grouped together as running backs so maybe Shane Bannon is the 5th.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
I just noticed that on the depth chart the chiefs released to the press on monday that Dex is listed as a receiver. I guess the website just has not been updated since last year...so I am wondering who the 5th running back is...sometimes full backs and running backs are all grouped together as running backs so maybe Shane Bannon is the 5th.

Charles
Hillis
Draughn
Gray
Bannon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Charles
Hillis
Draughn
Gray
Bannon

I actually think it will be Eachus, not Bannon, and he will be the FB!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
This got me wondering, is keeping Dex listed as a RB some kind of contractual move. Does that somehow impact his current contracts incentives? What if in two years he becomes a great slot guy for us, and we decide to franchise him, wouldn't he being slotted as a RB be significantly cheaper to tag?

If he lines up in slot more then running back couldn't he pull a Hernandez if we try and tag him? Where he can sue them saying he mainly played WR rather then RB to get a bigger contract on the tag.
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Charles
Hillis
Draughn
Gray
Bannon

I think this is a real possibility. That actually crossed my mind as well. We don't really need a true full back. we have lots of guys that could play full back. Hillis, boss Eachus, etc.
chiefsfaninCR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Charles
Hillis
Draughn
Gray
Bannon

+1
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My projected 53

QB-Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi
RB-Charles, Hillis, Draughn, Gray, Eachus
WR-Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster,Wylie, Cooper
TE-Moeaki, Boss, Maneri
OL-Albert, Lilja, Hudson, Asamoah, Winston, Allen, Stephenson

DL-Jackson, Torribio, Dorsey, Bailey, Poe, Gordon
LB-Houston, Belcher, Johnson, Hali, Sheffield, Studebaker, Siler, Greenwood, Miller, Campbell
DB-Flowers, Berry, Lewis, Routt, Arenas, Elam, Daniels, Brown, Menzie, Reeves

Punter- Colquitt
Kicker- Succup
LS - Gafford
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

If he lines up in slot more then running back couldn't he pull a Hernandez if we try and tag him? Where he can sue them saying he mainly played WR rather then RB to get a bigger contract on the tag.

Honestly don't think we would ever tag Dex.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Charles
Hillis
Draughn
Gray
Bannon

I think this is a real possibility. That actually crossed my mind as well. We don't really need a true full back. we have lots of guys that could play full back. Hillis, boss Eachus, etc.

And what, may I ask, do we need Eachus for?
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

Charles
Hillis
Draughn
Gray
Bannon

And what, may I ask, do we need Eachus for?

He will be used as the full back. Also is capable of getting carries if we have major injuries. He has been used as the full back in camp, and has been much more impressive than Bannon. Josh Looney and Mitch Houltus pointed out he has been used as the starting full back over Bannon. The guys in the known that are close to the organization seem to all be predicting Eachus to make the team. seems like it is basically already decided at this point.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like poor use of a spot to me. You mention him getting carries with multiple injuries..JC,Hillis, Gray, Droughn, DMX...he's like 6th. Using a FB in our offense takes away a weapon that the D has to account for. We did great w/out using him much at all....we have speed and playmakers all over, we aren't like the Vermeil/Herm Chiefs that pounded it out a little more and had a limited number of weapons. This team works better spreading it out and it's not like he's a T-Rich anyway. As has been mentioned just use Hillis, Moeaki, Boss, Maneri, a DT in that role when necessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: