Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Projected 53 Man Rosters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'm also in the no FB camp. Hillis, Maneri, Moeaki, and Boss can cover that. GL we can use a DL if we have too (Poe as a lead blocker? It'd scare the crap outta me)




Yeah I feel the same way, If we are gonna run more ace anyway let's not keep a FB just for the sake of keeping a FB while we are having to cut quality players at other positions. We could use that spot for another DL, LB or DB where we have an excess of talent trying to make team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22803
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'll take Pitoatua over Gordon easily at this point.



Yeah I kind of feel the same way but I feel they are higher on Gordon and like that they can play him inside or out. So I think it will be one or the other. Or they keep ropati and gordon drop someone like Powe which I don't wanna see either. Sad Guess my ideal group is TJ, Dorsey, Bailey, Ropati, Poe, Toribio, Powe.

I'm personally not as high on Toribio atm and could keep someone over him but they seem to be sky high on him and sounds like he's improving so i think he sticks. Still leaves guys like Gordon, Bair, and Long.


Powe got owned multiple times on Friday. And I mean owned. Bad. Sorry, but if he can't learn how to lock his frame, plant his feet and bend his knees at some point over two freakin' years, he doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. He has incredible raw power, but we already have two other guys like that on our roster who actually have some potential (Poe and Toribio). Look at it this way; our offense should be potent enough to put at least 17-20 points on the board most weeks and we'll likely do it by eating the clock with our running game. That means teams are gonna have to throw to keep up as long as Toribio and Belcher can keep up their current performance. That means we have Dorsey and TJax as our 4/5 technique run stoppers and Toribio as our 0/1 technique run stopper. That means we have room for probably one more guy who is versatile enough to 2 gap at 4/5 or 0/1 technique (Gordon, Poe fit the bill) and two pass rush specialists for our nickel base (Poe, Bailey, Pitoitua).

3-4 Base Locks: TJax, Dorsey, Toribio
Nickel Base Locks: Poe, Bailey

...so that really leaves one or maybe two more guys we can carry on the final 53 and who it ends up being will ultimately come down to who they feel can offer the best combination of versatility and long term potential. For my money, that's Gordon and Pitoitua. Bair, Long and Powe I think are on the outside looking in at this point. But if you rotate Bailey and Pitoitua to keep both fresh and always keep Poe in on the nickel base, it'll strengthen our pas rush and in the end, that'll be the key ingredient for our defensive success this season IMO.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EB29


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 630
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I don't think there is any way we can carry more then 7. It will be interesting to see how this staff views Powe. His roster spot is defiantly in jeopardy. I hope we can retain him on the PS at the very least. Would hate for him to get snagged by a team like the Colts.
_________________

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7127
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my take ... updated after the ARI game:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=12503607#12503607
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18548
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'll take Pitoatua over Gordon easily at this point.



Yeah I kind of feel the same way but I feel they are higher on Gordon and like that they can play him inside or out. So I think it will be one or the other. Or they keep ropati and gordon drop someone like Powe which I don't wanna see either. Sad Guess my ideal group is TJ, Dorsey, Bailey, Ropati, Poe, Toribio, Powe.

I'm personally not as high on Toribio atm and could keep someone over him but they seem to be sky high on him and sounds like he's improving so i think he sticks. Still leaves guys like Gordon, Bair, and Long.


Toribio was dominating the LOS Friday night.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 5664
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Heyman to make the 53 as well. I am not so sold on both Sheffield and Studebaker. I think only one.

Quote:
3-4 Base Locks: TJax, Dorsey, Toribio
Nickel Base Locks: Poe, Bailey

...so that really leaves one or maybe two more guys we can carry on the final 53


Powe and Gordon/Pitoatua? Poe can back up DE, plus Bailey can do either DE, so it could be two interior guys.

Maneti looks like a real possibility. He moves well enough to play blocking TE, but blocks like an OL. If so, I think Bannon is gone. Will Hillis play H back?

Who is the back up at C?

J
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18548
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Powe makes some serious strides in the next 3 games he should in no way make the team.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kcpre


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 395
Location: LA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a 54 man roster now? Am I wrong?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EB29


Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 630
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcpre wrote:
I thought it was a 54 man roster now? Am I wrong?


You might be thinking of the 46 man game day roster.
_________________

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
go_chiefs82


Joined: 10 Nov 2009
Posts: 99
Location: columbia, mo
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really hope Tyson Hartman makes the 53 roster, coming from a KSU fan i saw him a lot at K-STATE and he was always around the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kcpre


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 395
Location: LA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Kcpre wrote:
I thought it was a 54 man roster now? Am I wrong?


You might be thinking of the 46 man game day roster.


Ah, thats exactly what I was thinking about. I figured I had to be wrong with no one else mentioning it. Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'll take Pitoatua over Gordon easily at this point.



Yeah I kind of feel the same way but I feel they are higher on Gordon and like that they can play him inside or out. So I think it will be one or the other. Or they keep ropati and gordon drop someone like Powe which I don't wanna see either. Sad Guess my ideal group is TJ, Dorsey, Bailey, Ropati, Poe, Toribio, Powe.

I'm personally not as high on Toribio atm and could keep someone over him but they seem to be sky high on him and sounds like he's improving so i think he sticks. Still leaves guys like Gordon, Bair, and Long.


Powe got owned multiple times on Friday. And I mean owned. Bad. Sorry, but if he can't learn how to lock his frame, plant his feet and bend his knees at some point over two freakin' years, he doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. He has incredible raw power, but we already have two other guys like that on our roster who actually have some potential (Poe and Toribio). Look at it this way; our offense should be potent enough to put at least 17-20 points on the board most weeks and we'll likely do it by eating the clock with our running game. That means teams are gonna have to throw to keep up as long as Toribio and Belcher can keep up their current performance. That means we have Dorsey and TJax as our 4/5 technique run stoppers and Toribio as our 0/1 technique run stopper. That means we have room for probably one more guy who is versatile enough to 2 gap at 4/5 or 0/1 technique (Gordon, Poe fit the bill) and two pass rush specialists for our nickel base (Poe, Bailey, Pitoitua).

3-4 Base Locks: TJax, Dorsey, Toribio
Nickel Base Locks: Poe, Bailey

...so that really leaves one or maybe two more guys we can carry on the final 53 and who it ends up being will ultimately come down to who they feel can offer the best combination of versatility and long term potential. For my money, that's Gordon and Pitoitua. Bair, Long and Powe I think are on the outside looking in at this point. But if you rotate Bailey and Pitoitua to keep both fresh and always keep Poe in on the nickel base, it'll strengthen our pas rush and in the end, that'll be the key ingredient for our defensive success this season IMO.



He also made a couple of plays where he absolutely destroyed the OL on one play inparticular destroying a double team. Still have a long way to go with preseason, I just think he has so much more potential to be a true wrecking ball inside instead of just a guy who is "ok" inside and out in Gordon. I know right now Gordon is better but i'm hoping to see more improvement in Powe where we can keep him because of his potential to grow.

I'm with you though on Ropati. Keep him, Long to PS..bye bye to Bair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18548
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go_chiefs82 wrote:
i really hope Tyson Hartman makes the 53 roster, coming from a KSU fan i saw him a lot at K-STATE and he was always around the ball.


Hartman was clearly the best safety from all the 2 and 3 guys in the ARI game.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rearviewmirror


Moderator
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 18548
Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diesel2692 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Diesel2692 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I'll take Pitoatua over Gordon easily at this point.



Yeah I kind of feel the same way but I feel they are higher on Gordon and like that they can play him inside or out. So I think it will be one or the other. Or they keep ropati and gordon drop someone like Powe which I don't wanna see either. Sad Guess my ideal group is TJ, Dorsey, Bailey, Ropati, Poe, Toribio, Powe.

I'm personally not as high on Toribio atm and could keep someone over him but they seem to be sky high on him and sounds like he's improving so i think he sticks. Still leaves guys like Gordon, Bair, and Long.


Powe got owned multiple times on Friday. And I mean owned. Bad. Sorry, but if he can't learn how to lock his frame, plant his feet and bend his knees at some point over two freakin' years, he doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. He has incredible raw power, but we already have two other guys like that on our roster who actually have some potential (Poe and Toribio). Look at it this way; our offense should be potent enough to put at least 17-20 points on the board most weeks and we'll likely do it by eating the clock with our running game. That means teams are gonna have to throw to keep up as long as Toribio and Belcher can keep up their current performance. That means we have Dorsey and TJax as our 4/5 technique run stoppers and Toribio as our 0/1 technique run stopper. That means we have room for probably one more guy who is versatile enough to 2 gap at 4/5 or 0/1 technique (Gordon, Poe fit the bill) and two pass rush specialists for our nickel base (Poe, Bailey, Pitoitua).

3-4 Base Locks: TJax, Dorsey, Toribio
Nickel Base Locks: Poe, Bailey

...so that really leaves one or maybe two more guys we can carry on the final 53 and who it ends up being will ultimately come down to who they feel can offer the best combination of versatility and long term potential. For my money, that's Gordon and Pitoitua. Bair, Long and Powe I think are on the outside looking in at this point. But if you rotate Bailey and Pitoitua to keep both fresh and always keep Poe in on the nickel base, it'll strengthen our pas rush and in the end, that'll be the key ingredient for our defensive success this season IMO.



He also made a couple of plays where he absolutely destroyed the OL on one play inparticular destroying a double team. Still have a long way to go with preseason, I just think he has so much more potential to be a true wrecking ball inside instead of just a guy who is "ok" inside and out in Gordon. I know right now Gordon is better but i'm hoping to see more improvement in Powe where we can keep him because of his potential to grow.

I'm with you though on Ropati. Keep him, Long to PS..bye bye to Bair.


Powe had the one sack where he beat 2 guys. One splash play does not make up for at least 5 plays where he was just manhandled.
_________________

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Diesel2692


Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 2615
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
go_chiefs82 wrote:
i really hope Tyson Hartman makes the 53 roster, coming from a KSU fan i saw him a lot at K-STATE and he was always around the ball.


Hartman was clearly the best safety from all the 2 and 3 guys in the ARI game.



He also got 10x the reps. I'm anxious to see more of Parks and Thorpe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group