Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason- Game 1: Rams vs. Colts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
maladeen3917


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 3110
Location: NWK NJ
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
Did Jenkins or Cortland start today?


both started today
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holt_bruce81


Joined: 23 Oct 2005
Posts: 20076
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
Anybody else want Dahl to be cut immediately.


I've never been a fan of Dahl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15367
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
Did Jenkins or Cortland start today?


Jenkins has looked tremendous today by the way.
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh come on Chris. You had that.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
Did Jenkins or Cortland start today?


Jenkins has looked tremendous today by the way.


Good good, our defense looked brutal. It had it's flashes of hope where we were in at the QB quick but so much to work on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15367
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
Did Jenkins or Cortland start today?


Jenkins has looked tremendous today by the way.


Good good, our defense looked brutal. It had it's flashes of hope where we were in at the QB quick but so much to work on.


I'd say that our defensive scheme/communication is partially to blame as well. But JJ is locking down so far.
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this sums up how I feel right now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowv6l2CBD0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand how the defense keeps getting better jumps on the snaps than the offensive line.

Paul Boudreau has his work cut out for him.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramsfan28


Moderator
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 7002
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the bright side; The Rams won't be going 4-0 in preseason!

Austin Davis isn't looking too bad. He looks pretty comfortable in the pocket, and has some nice mobility.
_________________


Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF


ViolentMonk71 wrote:


We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
chris00cm


Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 17074
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all, this is a breath of fresh air. Tired of seeing the Rams dominate the pre-season just to do nothing in the regular season. Lets change that trend.
_________________


Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonezy


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 3183
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I liked

Jason Smith & Rok Watkins- Smith seemed to be mauling when I was keyed in on him, looked better then he did last year & 10x better then Richardson. He ate Freeney for dinner on a run, which Rok pulled very well on. I also think the Hughes sack was offside and Smith was confused. Thought Rok played solid as well.

Saffold was quiet- I didn't see much pressure on Sam from the left side, only right and up the gut. Saffold did well with Mathis

Janoris "No Fly Zone" Jenkins- wow. Reggie Wayne didnt catch or even get targeted for a reason, amazing break on the ball almost had a pick-6, after that play Luck didn't look his way. I also liked that he was our #1 when we came out, he got the man-man duty on WR sets and Finnegan was in the box.

Starting D-Line- Thought they all did a great job, Quinn should have Luck's phone number by now. Long was doing is usual. Brockers was pushing his man and collapsing pocket.

Austin Pettis- Where did this guy come from? You can tell he wants a job, he wants it bad. Great Job by him.

Steve Smith- looked solid out there I thought, nice routes and decent seperaton when was pressed.

Soso performances

Sam Bradford- gotta show more poise and confidence in the pocket, deep ball needs work also. Made a couple nice throws with Pressure in his face.

Jermome Murphy- Loved it. I saw 23 all over the place, he was probably on the field the longest of any Ram today, very physical.

Reggie Mccloud? that his name? anyway, not a bad game, defiantly helped his cause, nice FF also.

Isiah Pead tough start, bounced back nicely I thought.

Yikes...

Defensive coverages - huh? Everyone looked lost in the secondary today except for Mikell, Jenkins and Finnegan (even he looked a tad confuzzled) I was getting SO angry with the amount of soft coverages we were using! We gave Mr. Luck the flats all day, and when we took those away we messed up deeper in the secondary.

Craig Dahl Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Barry Richardson Sorry big guy, you just lost your spot to Jason Smith. Brutal game couldn't get his footwork down and just an all around bonehead.

Missed Blocking we gotta work on picking up blocks, Pead had nothing a lot of the time.

What do you guys think
_________________

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
mash3rramfan


Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 328
Location: Eugene, OR/Los Angeles, CA/ Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
Things I liked

Jason Smith & Rok Watkins- Smith seemed to be mauling when I was keyed in on him, looked better then he did last year & 10x better then Richardson. He ate Freeney for dinner on a run, which Rok pulled very well on. I also think the Hughes sack was offside and Smith was confused. Thought Rok played solid as well.

Saffold was quiet- I didn't see much pressure on Sam from the left side, only right and up the gut. Saffold did well with Mathis

Janoris "No Fly Zone" Jenkins- wow. Reggie Wayne didnt catch or even get targeted for a reason, amazing break on the ball almost had a pick-6, after that play Luck didn't look his way. I also liked that he was our #1 when we came out, he got the man-man duty on WR sets and Finnegan was in the box.

Starting D-Line- Thought they all did a great job, Quinn should have Luck's phone number by now. Long was doing is usual. Brockers was pushing his man and collapsing pocket.

Austin Pettis- Where did this guy come from? You can tell he wants a job, he wants it bad. Great Job by him.

Steve Smith- looked solid out there I thought, nice routes and decent seperaton when was pressed.

Soso performances

Sam Bradford- gotta show more poise and confidence in the pocket, deep ball needs work also. Made a couple nice throws with Pressure in his face.

Jermome Murphy- Loved it. I saw 23 all over the place, he was probably on the field the longest of any Ram today, very physical.

Reggie Mccloud? that his name? anyway, not a bad game, defiantly helped his cause, nice FF also.

Isiah Pead tough start, bounced back nicely I thought.

Yikes...

Defensive coverages - huh? Everyone looked lost in the secondary today except for Mikell, Jenkins and Finnegan (even he looked a tad confuzzled) I was getting SO angry with the amount of soft coverages we were using! We gave Mr. Luck the flats all day, and when we took those away we messed up deeper in the secondary.

Craig Dahl Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Barry Richardson Sorry big guy, you just lost your spot to Jason Smith. Brutal game couldn't get his footwork down and just an all around bonehead.

Missed Blocking we gotta work on picking up blocks, Pead had nothing a lot of the time.

What do you guys think


I agree with basically everything you said. Dahl is downright terrible. This rookies look good. I feel that Sam need to take the leash off or the coaches take his leash off. He needs to throw the ball more than 5-6 yards every attempt.
_________________



Rams. Oregon Ducks. Dodgers. Brewers. Lakers. Arsenal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yrba1


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1316
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mash3rramfan wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
Things I liked

Jason Smith & Rok Watkins- Smith seemed to be mauling when I was keyed in on him, looked better then he did last year & 10x better then Richardson. He ate Freeney for dinner on a run, which Rok pulled very well on. I also think the Hughes sack was offside and Smith was confused. Thought Rok played solid as well.

Saffold was quiet- I didn't see much pressure on Sam from the left side, only right and up the gut. Saffold did well with Mathis

Janoris "No Fly Zone" Jenkins- wow. Reggie Wayne didnt catch or even get targeted for a reason, amazing break on the ball almost had a pick-6, after that play Luck didn't look his way. I also liked that he was our #1 when we came out, he got the man-man duty on WR sets and Finnegan was in the box.

Starting D-Line- Thought they all did a great job, Quinn should have Luck's phone number by now. Long was doing is usual. Brockers was pushing his man and collapsing pocket.

Austin Pettis- Where did this guy come from? You can tell he wants a job, he wants it bad. Great Job by him.

Steve Smith- looked solid out there I thought, nice routes and decent seperaton when was pressed.

Soso performances

Sam Bradford- gotta show more poise and confidence in the pocket, deep ball needs work also. Made a couple nice throws with Pressure in his face.

Jermome Murphy- Loved it. I saw 23 all over the place, he was probably on the field the longest of any Ram today, very physical.

Reggie Mccloud? that his name? anyway, not a bad game, defiantly helped his cause, nice FF also.

Isiah Pead tough start, bounced back nicely I thought.

Yikes...

Defensive coverages - huh? Everyone looked lost in the secondary today except for Mikell, Jenkins and Finnegan (even he looked a tad confuzzled) I was getting SO angry with the amount of soft coverages we were using! We gave Mr. Luck the flats all day, and when we took those away we messed up deeper in the secondary.

Craig Dahl Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Barry Richardson Sorry big guy, you just lost your spot to Jason Smith. Brutal game couldn't get his footwork down and just an all around bonehead.

Missed Blocking we gotta work on picking up blocks, Pead had nothing a lot of the time.

What do you guys think


I agree with basically everything you said. Dahl is downright terrible. This rookies look good. I feel that Sam need to take the leash off or the coaches take his leash off. He needs to throw the ball more than 5-6 yards every attempt.


While I want Bradford to emphasize on big plays, he should stick to playing Shurmurball until he gets comfortable around the pocket.
_________________
♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 43214
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in the same boat as all of you. Tired of seeing the rams go 4-0
3-1 and players doing amazing things in pre-season..

Really like what I saw from JJ-Quick-Givens-Pettis-Kendricks.


I'm not really down on the defense.. We were playing Vanila defense and obviously the Colts where in it to win it.. Reminds me of Spags las the last few years. Showing his hand a bit too early. Honestly this is the best thing that could have happened to us. Player will play with some more hunger.

Really loving Givens man. Dude could flat out fly. Could be our Hakeem type WR. Sam looked sharp, stood in the pocket and took some licks. Really liking smith as well..


Luck looks very swell.. His performance was darn good. Really showing why he was ahead of RG. I really think that LUCK will have a much better career then RG. Just a natural smart accurate QB. Lacks that arm but he's money on his throws.

I also enjoyed Sam in Martys offense. Hopefully we see some more Bootlegs.. Something that Sam thrives on..

I feel like we can be the Niners from last year lol. Have a woeful pre-season and start the season with tremendous hunger and focus. Just feels right. I have kept expectations at a all time low this season however.. My heart can't take another aweful season. Just not healthy for my health lol.
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wr80


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie WRS looked good, Pettis what a stud looked excellent there on some plays. Kendricks didn't drop a single pass wow amazing there. I think our offense will be more productive once they all start to set in. Jackson looked great with the Oline. They really gave him some openings he exploited.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group