Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason- Game 1: Rams vs. Colts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Oline played pretty good IMO.

What? Barry Richardson and Robert Turner were awful. It was basically Harvey Dahl vs. on the right side.

At least Ojinnaka held his own.

I thought Saffold looked rock solid as well.

The J.R.S. wrote:
Oh, and that red zone sack that Smith allowed was because he wasn't ready at the snap, not because the Colt's D-lineman was offsides (like the broadcast suggested).

Perhaps Smith had the snap count wrong or just wasn't paying attention, but that wasn't a jump IMO.

It appeared to me to be a jump offsides. He was already standing up in the neutral zone when the ball was snapped. Still, Smith completely blew an assignment earlier in the game that led to Hughes crushing Clemens so it's the same basic concept.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Oline played pretty good IMO.

What? Barry Richardson and Robert Turner were awful. It was basically Harvey Dahl vs. on the right side.

At least Ojinnaka held his own.

I thought Saffold looked rock solid as well.

The J.R.S. wrote:
Oh, and that red zone sack that Smith allowed was because he wasn't ready at the snap, not because the Colt's D-lineman was offsides (like the broadcast suggested).

Perhaps Smith had the snap count wrong or just wasn't paying attention, but that wasn't a jump IMO.

It appeared to me to be a jump offsides. He was already standing up in the neutral zone when the ball was snapped. Still, Smith completely blew an assignment earlier in the game that led to Hughes crushing Clemens so it's the same basic concept.

It's a tricky camera angle that they broadcast. It was really hard for me to tell if he was in the neutral zone or not. Smith didn't even look at him as he passed though. How long are we going to defend this guy? It's not as though he as ever really played that well.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
It's a tricky camera angle that they broadcast. It was really hard for me to tell if he was in the neutral zone or not. Smith didn't even look at him as he passed though. How long are we going to defend this guy? It's not as though he as ever really played that well.
Hes actually always been a Great run blocker, he just mauls people and destroys LBs at the 2nd level.

We have all come to grips that he isnt going to be that good of an OT, we are just hoping at this point that he can become passable for a RT at Pass Blocking. Because most of all, right now, we dont have a better option.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I watched this game because I wanted to see Luck & I'm a fan of Jeff Fisher. Terrific write ups on this game BTW!

Just some very general comments from an outsider's perspective: You guys now look like you have a very good group of young WR's (if they can stay healthy this year) & DB's, too. Given the nature of today's NFL, this should pay off well in a couple of years. Jerome Murphy was a complete surprise...I had no idea what you had with him! Your DL will probably be underrated, at least early in the year, but I suspect most everyone will respect them by the end of the season. Your D may give up a fair amount of total yardage though as I think they will be on the field more than they should. I thought Bradford got too much criticism last year...IMHO his play in `11 was more a result of what was an underwhelming OL. I don't think that unit was addressed enough during the off-season, which is curious as Fisher always has studly OL's. Can't explain that. Maybe there just wasn't room with the cap to go after whoever was available? With the upcoming roster cuts, I would expect only being able to find maybe one body and that would probably only upgrade your depth. Still...couldn't hurt to sniff around. Anyway, the Rams really look like the pieces are coming together for some long term competitiveness, just as soon as you put together a solid OL.

Best of luck in 15 of your games this season! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Hey guys. I watched this game because I wanted to see Luck & I'm a fan of Jeff Fisher. Terrific write ups on this game BTW!

Just some very general comments from an outsider's perspective: You guys now look like you have a very good group of young WR's (if they can stay healthy this year) & DB's, too. Given the nature of today's NFL, this should pay off well in a couple of years. Jerome Murphy was a complete surprise...I had no idea what you had with him! Your DL will probably be underrated, at least early in the year, but I suspect most everyone will respect them by the end of the season. Your D may give up a fair amount of total yardage though as I think they will be on the field more than they should. I thought Bradford got too much criticism last year...IMHO his play in `11 was more a result of what was an underwhelming OL. I don't think that unit was addressed enough during the off-season, which is curious as Fisher always has studly OL's. Can't explain that. Maybe there just wasn't room with the cap to go after whoever was available? With the upcoming roster cuts, I would expect only being able to find maybe one body and that would probably only upgrade your depth. Still...couldn't hurt to sniff around. Anyway, the Rams really look like the pieces are coming together for some long term competitiveness, just as soon as you put together a solid OL.

Best of luck in 15 of your games this season! Wink

Thanks for your input, it's appreciated. Same to you on the luck. Hope both of us avoid injuries.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
CalifornianRam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do agree with what a few have been saying if we do upgrade the O line i think we could contend. i wouldnt mind going after a few in the draft next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: