Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love RG3 man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I love RG3 man

I take it you saw that bomb of a throw that he barely missed with Moss...what an arm.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Sure would be nice to see the Ravens clinch today but it's not looking good. They've got to win and Cincy and Pitt have to lose.

Is your 2nd team Bal or do I miss a scenario relating to the bye week race of the Broncos? I am rooting for the Redskins, Chargers and Houston this weekend.

Nah, I don't have a second team. Just thinkin' that if the Ravens clinch today they might have a bit of a letdown next week.
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Playing smart = being carried by a defense and a running game

No, Playing smart = not throwing a pick 6 with your left hand. It means that Smith plays as mistake-free football as any QB has done the past 2 seasons. It means taking a sack vs throwing an interception. It means going 20-5-1 under your head coach.

He has 6 TO for 13 TDs in 9 games. That's not mistake free football. Kaepernick's is a 7:3 ratio which is better td to int. and he actually has potential. Throw Smith on the #1 offense in the league(NE) and that team's offense becomes a mediocre offense and a bad team. And Smith not being able to ride the defense and running games to wins then his record is awful.
jonnyj20 wrote:

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Okay let's put your Utah homerism aside for a second.

When you have a great defense and a great running game why wouldn't you want a great QB to go along with that? Especially in today's NFL.

Of course I would, I just don't believe that Kaepernick is a "great QB". The guy gave St. Louis 9 points last week! That is more points than the Rams offense could muster! When you have a great defense and a great running game you want WINS. Alex is 20-5-1 under Harbaugh he gets his team wins and then he gets benched because he missed a game with a concussion. Now how many NFL players are going to fake that they are not injured in fear of losing their job? It is a slippery slope.

Smith gave away 13 points vs NYG w/ his INTs. It happens. He was benched because he let someone get on the field and do his job but better.
jonnyj20 wrote:

broncos67 wrote:
I'm glad they switched to Kaepernick. Alex Smith needed 7 years or whatever to even remotely look competent, and even then he's a game manager who isn't really THAT good. People point to that playoff game as indication that he's big time, but I just disagree with that on every level.

I will mostly point out his W/L record under his head coach, not his 1 playoff victory where he did have a big time game. But look at his TD/INT ratio under Harbaugh, it is very impressive.

32 TDs to 13 TO isn't that impressive, the percentage is nice but those are numbers you want in 1 season. 41:21 is Orton and everyone here knew he wasn't the answer. But they also never ask Smith to gun sling a victory. 32 tds in a seaso is incredibly low. Newton has 55 tds and 32 TO. Freeman is 43TDs and 36ints and that's including his disastrous season last yr. If you did the yr before that instead its 48 to 18. Schaub is 38 and 16 in his last 2 season. He scores so littl TDs.
AKRNA wrote:
Sure would be nice to see the Ravens clinch today but it's not looking good. They've got to win and Cincy and Pitt have to lose.
I'd love them to fall apart and not make the playoffs. that'd be hilarious.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dual threat QBs are so explosive, especially when they are as good at passing as RGIII, but they just don't seem to last. I can understand why Shanny's tempted to maximize Griffin's skillset, but look at the beating he takes every single Sunday.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done by Shanny.

Drafted Cousins because he was the best guy on the board and it turned out he won them a game today. WAS stays in the playoff hunt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love Russ Wilson. Do you guys think he is the real deal? Wait, I think I remember Anti hating haha

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Well done by Shanny.

Drafted Cousins because he was the best guy on the board and it turned out he won them a game today. WAS stays in the playoff hunt

I really liked Cousins. For some reason I've like the last 2 Mich State Qbs(Hoyer the other) a lot predraft and both I thought could be starters in the league. Not really sure WTF is happening w/ Hoyer. Laughing I was disappointed in Cousin's pick wanted him somewhere he could steal a job but he's going to continue to showcase his skills when RG3 gets hurt and someone will trade for him or he'll walk and get signed.

I dont remember exactly my rankings(go figure) but I think cousins was my 3rd or 4th QB . I honestly dont think I liked Tannehill that much and thought he was a project. Weeden I wouldn't touch at all until 4/5th. I liked Cousins then Osweiler then Foles and I liked Moore as career backup. I dont remember at all what I said about Wilson but I know I wouldn't look at him as a starter, so I was definitely wrong there.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I also love Russ Wilson. Do you guys think he is the real deal? Wait, I think I remember Anti hating haha

I do. Anti and I disagreed once but he may have changed his mind. Wilson has grown a lot in the last few weeks.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

I do. Anti and I disagreed once but he may have changed his mind. Wilson has grown a lot in the last few weeks.

I love watching him. Poised

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame we don't play Arizona this year Von would slaughter them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Smiths lickin' his chops. He had 2 sacks the 1st game and gets 'em one more time.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Smiths lickin' his chops. He had 2 sacks the 1st game and gets 'em one more time.
Von would get suspended for being active on gameday. Laughing
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Winder23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I love RG3 man
One of the most exciting players ever at QB. He needs to get the F down though. He is too valuable to takes the big hits. It is a fine line for the athletic QB's. The difference with RGIII will be his great arm and decision making. If he can use the athleticism safely he will dominate for a long time.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Well done by Shanny.

Yeah and everyone laughed at him for it at the time too.

Given that Mike and Kyle have designed a completely new offense for RG3, they had to have two QBs (because RG3 is an injury risk given his style of play) who can be brought along in said offense together without having been pre-programed in something different.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 19 of 30

Jump to: