Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive read online twice now, that reports are Jack Del Rio is being considered a candidate to multiple big time college football openings. Teams he has been linked to are: Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee, and Boston College.

One thing to note, as an Auburn fan, the Defensive Coordinator at Auburn (Brian Van Gorder) is one of Del Rio's former coaches. Thats probably why hes being linked to them if you as me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDR won't go to any of those teams, it's USC or bust basically.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will not be here next year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

While I think I agree he wont go to one of those teams, and that USC is a nice fit for him, I wouldnt count out the fact that the SEC has the money.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your guys thoughts on the benching of Alex Smith? I have some skewed feelings about it because I am a very big Alex Smith supporter. I think it is crap that the guy goes 13-5 under Harbaugh and is then benched because he gets a concussion.
Are future NFL players going to try and hide concussions so they don't lose their job? I think this situation will certainly make them think about it. I like Kapernick but IMO Smith gives them the best chance to win right now, I really feel bad for the guy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
What are your guys thoughts on the benching of Alex Smith? I have some skewed feelings about it because I am a very big Alex Smith supporter. I think it is crap that the guy goes 13-5 under Harbaugh and is then benched because he gets a concussion.
Are future NFL players going to try and hide concussions so they don't lose their job? I think this situation will certainly make them think about it. I like Kapernick but IMO Smith gives them the best chance to win right now, I really feel bad for the guy.

Terrible. I hate it.

Kaepernick has been very good the last 2 games but he will certainly hit a wall and when he does Alex Smith will be rusty. Its just not smart. Sit the kid and move forward with Smith for this year, he gives that team the best chance to win. I loved the 49ers team this season when Smith led the offense and Kap was the change-of-pace/goaline guy.

That being said, I cant blame them. He has been outstanding. It was a tough a choice and IMO he dropped the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Terrible. I hate it.

Kaepernick has been very good the last 2 games but he will certainly hit a wall and when he does Alex Smith will be rusty. Its just not smart. Sit the kid and move forward with Smith for this year, he gives that team the best chance to win. I loved the 49ers team this season when Smith led the offense and Kap was the change-of-pace/goaline guy.

That being said, I cant blame them. He has been outstanding. It was a tough a choice and IMO he dropped the ball.

You can't bench a guy when he gets hurt. You just can't do it. You lose respect from players. Alex Smith should be pissed. I hope for his and the team's sake that he isn't rusty if and when he comes back and their Superbowl chances aren't hurt. Colin isn't going to stay this hot, his numbers are simply too high, and his stat line isn't sustainable. And you're right to point out that if a guy has to fear losing his job now (Smith isn't the only player in the league with a backup that can play well) they may start hiding concussions. It's not good for the league and its not a precedent you should set as a coach. Poor, poor decision making on Haurbaugh's part IMO.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Terrible. I hate it.

You can't bench a guy when he gets hurt. You just can't do it. You lose respect from players. Alex Smith should be pissed. I hope for his and the team's sake that he isn't rusty if and when he comes back and their Superbowl chances aren't hurt. Colin isn't going to stay this hot, his numbers are simply too high, and his stat line isn't sustainable. And you're right to point out that if a guy has to fear losing his job now (Smith isn't the only player in the league with a backup that can play well) they may start hiding concussions. It's not good for the league and its not a precedent you should set as a coach. Poor, poor decision making on Haurbaugh's part IMO.

Ah but it happens all the time...

Remember the 2010 season, Kevin Kolb had been groomed as the successor to Donovan McNabb, it was all set for him to come in and lead the Eagles into the playoffs, then early season he has a couple poor games and goes down with a concussion, then Michael Vick comes in and post MVP like numbers, gotta go with the guy who gives you the best chance of winning, no room for sentiment, personally I think Alex is that guy but Harbaugh obviously disagrees.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put Alex Smith back in. He's got the experience in the playoffs. Sure, Kaepernick has been good now but losing your job because you were injured is beyond stupid and the worst way to lose it ever.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I would put Alex Smith back in. He's got the experience in the playoffs. Sure, Kaepernick has been good now but losing your job because you were injured is beyond stupid and the worst way to lose it ever.
It's not stupid, it is the real world. If someone behind you gets a chance and does a better job, they keep the job. The cream rises to the top. Brady got the chance to start in New England and never looked back. Tony Carter and Chris Harris come to mind. It is the nature of the NFL.

On a side note I was touting Kaepernick for the Broncos in 2011 draft. I liked the kid alot coming out of Nevada. He is going to be good. I think Alex Smith is too limited to win it all. He can't hrow 30+ passes and win a game for them. I'm not saying Kaepernick can take them this year, but it is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Terrible. I hate it.

Ah but it happens all the time...

Remember the 2010 season, Kevin Kolb had been groomed as the successor to Donovan McNabb, it was all set for him to come in and lead the Eagles into the playoffs, then early season he has a couple poor games and goes down with a concussion, then Michael Vick comes in and post MVP like numbers, gotta go with the guy who gives you the best chance of winning, no room for sentiment, personally I think Alex is that guy but Harbaugh obviously disagrees.

Yeah but Alex Smith was playing well. I don't get it, I don't watch the 49ers at all so idk what Smith looks like game to game but his numbers are stellar.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't all that impressed with Kaepernick against the Saints. I am not ready to crown him yet.

MUFC OK
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Remember the 2010 season, Kevin Kolb had been groomed as the successor to Donovan McNabb, it was all set for him to come in and lead the Eagles into the playoffs, then early season he has a couple poor games and goes down with a concussion.

Different situations though Alex Smith is 20-6-1 under Harbaugh, he was having a great season.

Winder23 wrote:
It's not stupid, it is the real world. If someone behind you gets a chance and does a better job, they keep the job. The cream rises to the top.

Are you convinced that Kapernick is a better player after 2 games? I am not. I am not saying that Kapernick will never be as good as Alex, but IMO right now Alex Smith is the 49ers best quarterback and gives them the best chance to win. He plays to that teams strengths by ball control, the guy never turns the ball over.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Arkansas wouldn't be a bad place to go. Its a good program and its not bad team to inherit.
As for BC only benefit of going there is you have to do a lot to get fired. Spaziani destroyed the program and they still were sticking w/ him. Until the AD left and a new one was hired. Laughing But seriously only a young coach using a stepping stone to something better. They're rumored to be into the HC of N. Illnois and ND DC. 2 young coaches.
jonnyj20 wrote:

I would've stuck w/ smith but I get the move. Kaepernick they felt is a franchise QB candidate and he played really well in dismantling the Bears. He followed up w/ another good game. Its about Kaepernick playing well not Smith getting hurt.
Winder23 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
It's not stupid, it is the real world. If someone behind you gets a chance and does a better job, they keep the job. The cream rises to the top. Brady got the chance to start in New England and never looked back. Tony Carter and Chris Harris come to mind. It is the nature of the NFL.

Bledsoe was pretty pissed. Someone on twitter asked him what he thought of Brady and he said he is a great player good guy and a terrible backup. Laughing
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

Yeah but Alex Smith was playing well. I don't get it, I don't watch the 49ers at all so idk what Smith looks like game to game but his numbers are stellar.

From the ones I see he's managing the game well. He's a good game manager but he's not a franchise QB. Kaepernick could be the guy for them. So if they believe in him that much they're doing the right thing. Especially at this point he looked as good if not better than Smith so far.

Honestly I'm not sure whose a better QB. I'd stick w/ Kaepernick. He's player well and isn't turning the ball over.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDR isn't a cultural fit for Arky, that'd be like Jimmie Johnson coaching Notre Dame Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 17 of 30

Jump to: