Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
The Texans look so beatable right now. Granted, Joseph didn't play. But with the Cushing and Reed injuries tear a hole into the middle of their defense. Stokley, Dreessen and Tamme should be able to work that if it comes to a 2nd match in the playoffs.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I've come to the conclusion that the best case scenario for us would be to get the #3 seed in AFC playoffs. There are several reasons for this.

1. Rest is nice but look how many teams that played in the Wild Card round went on to win/play in the Super Bowl. Having a week off is nice but having rhythm and maintaining a routine going into the post season I think means more.

2. If Houston gets the 1 seed and Baltimore gets the 2, we need the 3 to keep from having to go to New England. Like you, I think Houston is very beatable and Peyton's career record against Baltimore is stellar. If we get the 3 seed we play the 6 seed - right now that'd be Indy, I like our chances. I also like our chances against Pittsburgh, Cincy, San Diego, Buffalo, et al of the "in the hunt" teams who will get the 6 seed.

That would give us an easy win and a trip to Baltimore in the divisional round. I think that's a winnable game for us. Secondly, it sends New England (with Gronk) to Houston and, if they win, brings the Pats here for the AFC Championship game where I like our chances A LOT better than I would going to Foxboro in late January.

I think its more likely NE grabs the #2 seed from Baltimore and having Balt drop to #4 than NE to. NE has 2 tough games left(Hou and SF). It might be cocky but I'm not concerned about te Dolphins to much or Jacksonville and should win those 3. I dont think we'll lose to both SF and Hou, especially back to back(which we would have to for Denver to get better record since we have tie breaker). Balt has a much more difficult schedule going forward especially at the end of season w/ Den, NY and Cinci. Even playing Pitt next week shouldnt be scoffed at. So if Denver wins out Baltimore ends up 1 GB NE if they win out. If Balt loses 2 and NE lose 1 NE wins division. I think its more likely Baltimore loses to Pitt/NYG and Denver than win out or just lose to Denver.

I think its likely it ends up as:

#1 Houston
#2 New England 12-4
#3 Denver 12-4
#4 Baltimore 11-5

Though in this scenario might be better off as #4 team.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick thought on the lions challenge debacle from yesterday. so with the rule the way it is right now, cant throw the challenge flag on an automatically reviewed play, say some team scores or gets turnover and its not clear that both feet were down or whatever. If that coach threw the challenge flag then the play wouldnt be reviewed and that team would get that td or turnover and just a 15yd penalty right?
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
quick thought on the lions challenge debacle from yesterday. so with the rule the way it is right now, cant throw the challenge flag on an automatically reviewed play, say some team scores or gets turnover and its not clear that both feet were down or whatever. If that coach threw the challenge flag then the play wouldnt be reviewed and that team would get that td or turnover and just a 15yd penalty right?

Exactly. The rule needs to be changed asap. Unfortunately, Schwartz was right when he paced down the sideline and said "it's on me". The rule does not account for situations such as yesterday's incident. Ridiculous.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
The Texans look so beatable right now. Granted, Joseph didn't play. But with the Cushing and Reed injuries tear a hole into the middle of their defense. Stokley, Dreessen and Tamme should be able to work that if it comes to a 2nd match in the playoffs.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I've come to the conclusion that the best case scenario for us would be to get the #3 seed in AFC playoffs. There are several reasons for this.

1. Rest is nice but look how many teams that played in the Wild Card round went on to win/play in the Super Bowl. Having a week off is nice but having rhythm and maintaining a routine going into the post season I think means more.

2. If Houston gets the 1 seed and Baltimore gets the 2, we need the 3 to keep from having to go to New England. Like you, I think Houston is very beatable and Peyton's career record against Baltimore is stellar. If we get the 3 seed we play the 6 seed - right now that'd be Indy, I like our chances. I also like our chances against Pittsburgh, Cincy, San Diego, Buffalo, et al of the "in the hunt" teams who will get the 6 seed.

That would give us an easy win and a trip to Baltimore in the divisional round. I think that's a winnable game for us. Secondly, it sends New England (with Gronk) to Houston and, if they win, brings the Pats here for the AFC Championship game where I like our chances A LOT better than I would going to Foxboro in late January.

I think its more likely NE grabs the #2 seed from Baltimore and having Balt drop to #4 than NE to. NE has 2 tough games left(Hou and SF). It might be cocky but I'm not concerned about te Dolphins to much or Jacksonville and should win those 3. I dont think we'll lose to both SF and Hou, especially back to back(which we would have to for Denver to get better record since we have tie breaker). Balt has a much more difficult schedule going forward especially at the end of season w/ Den, NY and Cinci. Even playing Pitt next week shouldnt be scoffed at. So if Denver wins out Baltimore ends up 1 GB NE if they win out. If Balt loses 2 and NE lose 1 NE wins division. I think its more likely Baltimore loses to Pitt/NYG and Denver than win out or just lose to Denver.

#1 Houston
#2 New England 12-4
#3 Denver 12-4
#4 Baltimore 11-5

I agree with you. The scenario you've put out is the most likely. I put out what would be the best case for us. Wink

Still, I'd love to see the Broncos go into Foxboro for the AFC Championship and beat Mac's Pats for a trip to the Super Bowl. Talk about a revenge tour.....

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Donut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Donut wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

#1 Houston
#2 New England 12-4
#3 Denver 12-4
#4 Baltimore 11-5

I agree with you. The scenario you've put out is the most likely. I put out what would be the best case for us. Wink

Still, I'd love to see the Broncos go into Foxboro for the AFC Championship and beat Mac's Pats for a trip to the Super Bowl. Talk about a revenge tour.....

I'd love to play Denver in AFC Championship. From AFC Denver and N are playing the best right now.
~Brady vs Manning
~Both teams have been playing fantastic football since last matchup
~Belichick vs Fox(again(Super Bowl, and blowout last yr))
~McDaniels storyline
But its still Belichick's Patriots Wink

But I thought you were talking in general getting 3rd seed would be advantageous on what you want to happen.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If McDaniels came to Denver AAA might jump on the field and punch him in the face repeatedly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
If McDaniels came to Denver AAA might jump on the field and punch him in the face repeatedly.

Nah, the windows in the press box don't open and it's on level 4 so it'd be too hard for me to get down to field level.

If Mac came into my bar, however....

jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is up with the DT's in this league being complete d-bags?

I think that both Suh and Bunkley should have been suspended for at least 1 game because of their antics. Suh's groin kick was intentional, anyone who thinks otherwise should just look at the guys past. Even watching the replay you can see him extend his leg awkwardly to make sure he got a good kick. And Bunkleys kick to the helmet wasn't as bad as the Albert Hanyseworth stomp, but still. Isn't kicking someone while they are on the ground the same as throwing a punch? Suspend these fools, not the DB's who are trying to make a play and unintentionally injure someone.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

I think that both Suh and Bunkley should have been suspended for at least 1 game because of their antics. Suh's groin kick was intentional, anyone who thinks otherwise should just look at the guys past. Even watching the replay you can see him extend his leg awkwardly to make sure he got a good kick. And Bunkleys kick to the helmet wasn't as bad as the Albert Hanyseworth stomp, but still. Isn't kicking someone while they are on the ground the same as throwing a punch? Suspend these fools, not the DB's who are trying to make a play and unintentionally injure someone.

I think if Suh keeps it up, he should be suspended a year. The groin? Really? The one spot. Of all the spots to kick someone that is just low. If I were a team going up against him I would plot a way to take him out.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

I think if Suh keeps it up, he should be suspended a year. The groin? Really? The one spot. Of all the spots to kick someone that is just low. If I were a team going up against him I would plot a way to take him out.

I think Suh's kick was intentional, but I don't think he was intentionally aiming for Schaub's man region. I would wager he was going to for a, shall we say, less sensitive, kick.

The strangest thing about it is, if you listen to Suh talk (or ask to anyone who personally knows him) he seems like the greatest guy. There is something that happens when he crosses that white stripe onto the field that turns him from someone who acts/sounds like a Ph.D. candidate into someone who would get kicked out of a Pride Fighting league for being unable to play by the rules.

hibdib31

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

I think Suh's kick was intentional, but I don't think he was intentionally aiming for Schaub's man region. I would wager he was going to for a, shall we say, less sensitive, kick.

The strangest thing about it is, if you listen to Suh talk (or ask to anyone who personally knows him) he seems like the greatest guy. There is something that happens when he crosses that white stripe onto the field that turns him from someone who acts/sounds like a Ph.D. candidate into someone who would get kicked out of a Pride Fighting league for being unable to play by the rules.

Or when he gets behind the wheel...Suh has a bit of an aggressive driving style as well. I think the man just has a switch that flips and makes him become a Hulk.
PGeorge2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

I agree. He seems so humble when he speaks. And he is gracious with his money. I think he made the largest donation in Nebraska history. But you're right, something changes in him and he becomes a punk.

I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday and someone made a good point. Typically, dirty players play the way they do to get an advantage because they usually don't have the talent to be great. Suh does, but for some reason he still plays like this. I don't get it.

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
I think that both Suh and Bunkley should have been suspended for at least 1 game because of their antics. Suh's groin kick was intentional, anyone who thinks otherwise should just look at the guys past. Even watching the replay you can see him extend his leg awkwardly to make sure he got a good kick. And Bunkleys kick to the helmet wasn't as bad as the Albert Hanyseworth stomp, but still.

You hit it right on the head jonny. Well said and agree completely.

Suh and Bunkley should both be suspended AT LEAST one game. It just puts a bad image in the head of kids watching the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it is a very fine line. I am not defending Suh because stamping/kicking is really bad, but you play on that aggression/anger line so often that every now and then something 'dirty' is going to happen.

I have read about eye gauging and 'private parts' being punched at the bottom of piles, and you hear all the time about peoples ankles being twisted and that kind of stuff.

For the record - I hate all of the above.

MUFC OK
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Sometimes it is a very fine line. I am not defending Suh because stamping/kicking is really bad, but you play on that aggression/anger line so often that every now and then something 'dirty' is going to happen.

I have read about eye gauging and 'private parts' being punched at the bottom of piles, and you hear all the time about peoples ankles being twisted and that kind of stuff.

For the record - I hate all of the above.

I just think it is dumb that these players are intentionally aiming to maim their opponent are not suspended, but then the league doesn't hesitate to suspend a DB trying to make a play on a ball or tackle a guy who they believe is about to make a big catch, but don't have the time to stop their actions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30

Jump to: