Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For playoffs after the Wildcard games are over, I really hope we end up playing the Ravens instead of the Patriots.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
For playoffs after the Wildcard games are over, I really hope we end up playing the Ravens instead of the Patriots.

Absolutely. Baltimore is completely overrated. They are just not a good football team at all.

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

Absolutely. Baltimore is completely overrated. They are just not a good football team at all.

Yeah, I don't think we match up very well with the Patriots. We just can't defend Gronk/Hernandez when they're both healthy and add in the fact that they can and will run all over us when we're in our nickel. The Patriots are the one team I'm going to be scared to play in the playoffs.

mke1010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

Yeah, I don't think we match up very well with the Patriots. We just can't defend Gronk/Hernandez when they're both healthy and add in the fact that they can and will run all over us when we're in our nickel. The Patriots are the one team I'm going to be scared to play in the playoffs.
Houston is no chop liver also. Those two teams I think are better than us.

If there is a way we can end up with a better record than New England that would be our best chance of getting by them if we have to play each other. I think we would have our best chance at home. I feel more confident in our ability to pull an upset on the road against Houston than I do the Pats.
But I agree with you. Would definitely prefer to face Baltimore and have Houston and New England slug it out.
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

Houston is no chop liver also. Those two teams I think are better than us.

If there is a way we can end up with a better record than New England that would be our best chance of getting by them if we have to play each other. I think we would have our best chance at home. I feel more confident in our ability to pull an upset on the road against Houston than I do the Pats.
But I agree with you. Would definitely prefer to face Baltimore and have Houston and New England slug it out.

I'd prefer playing the Texans in the playoffs over the Patriots.

I agree though, if we can somehow snag the 1 seed in the AFC I think our chances are increased greatly. Texans are going to end up with it though imo.

broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that NE is just too much for us, I agree. I think Houston is beatable. They're good, but they have weaknesses. The way our defense is playing, I would match them up against most teams...for now at least.

Thanks, Tzimisce
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ the Oakland Raiders and Dennis Allen. 18 carries for 244 yards and 3 TD's. I told everybody his hiring was an awful choice. Our defense is top 10 this year and we were ranked 22nd last year with him as DC.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin has 243 yards today. Shocked
As happy as I am with the competent play Wolfe is giving us, I would take this guy along with Chandler Jones over Derek. And we could have had Martin for no additional cost and Jones for minimal cost. Anyways, dont want to dwell on the past but Martin seems to be the real deal at RB.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
As happy as I am with the competent play Wolfe is giving us, I would take this guy along with Chandler Jones over Derek. And we could have had Martin for no additional cost and Jones for minimal cost. Anyways, dont want to dwell on the past but Martin seems to be the real deal at RB.

I'm glad I started Martin today on my fantasy team...

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Saaame here!
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

Saaame here!

I started Chargers D/ST, Doug Martin, and Brandon Marshall. Let's just say I'm going to win Laughing

I also had Decker, but I had him on my bench Evil or Very Mad

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
broncospride95 wrote:

Especially if they have to play in Denver.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Defense just doesn't match up with teams who can negate a pass rush. The Texans negate our pass rush on 1st and 2nd down with their zone running scheme that incorporates so much Play Action and misdirection, which obviously slows a pass rush down. The only way to keep our pass rush active in a game against the Texans is to force 3rd and long so Play Action is negated.

The Patriots negate our pass rush with their quick passing game and no huddle Offense. It just seems we have no answer for it, especially early in games.

I really wouldn't want to face either of these teams in the postseason, but we are obviously going to have to play at least one to get to a Superbowl. If I had to pick one, it would be the Texans because their QB isn't as experienced in the playoffs.

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I'm in the minority, but if it came down to the Texans or Pats I'd take the Pats. We were outcoached against them and not ready for the "hurry up". I doubt we'd get caught that flat-footed again. Also, if the game were played in Denver, NE's hurry up won't work.

The Texans on the other hand just plain whipped us physically in Denver.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
It seems I'm in the minority, but if it came down to the Texans or Pats I'd take the Pats. We were outcoached against them and not ready for the "hurry up". I doubt we'd get caught that flat-footed again. Also, if the game were played in Denver, NE's hurry up won't work.

The Texans on the other hand just plain whipped us physically in Denver.

I tend to agree here.

Houston came into our place and put a beating to this team. The ZBS is so tough to defend, and as long as Schaub stays healthy, this team should represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

New England is a tough match for this team but I think theyre a much beatable team now more than ever. Their defense isnt really that special and the offense can have its off days.

Lets put it this way, can we just get the #1 seed (for home field advantage) and hope the lower seeded team beats these guys in the playoffs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 12 of 30

Jump to: