Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lucky win for the Patriots. Good thing for them the closest thing to good teams they face until week 14(!) are the Rams and the Jets again. It's amazing how things always work out for that franchise. They beat us, but in reality that team is a pretender who generally sucks against good teams or even mediocre teams that match up well. It's so awesome that yet another year is going to pass without a Patriots Superbowl.
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Another lucky win for the Patriots. Good thing for them the closest thing to good teams they face until week 14(!) are the Rams and the Jets again. It's amazing how things always work out for that franchise. They beat us, but in reality that team is a pretender who generally sucks against good teams or even mediocre teams that match up well. It's so awesome that yet another year is going to pass without a Patriots Superbowl.

The secondary has just been atrocious. Its a team where we're we honestly could be undefeated as well a 1 win team. We keep choking a 4th quarter and its just not good. We're a very avg team melting down in 4th quarter. I think we have some of the worst DB coaches. Pretty much everyone in our secondary has regressed except McCourty. No idea what's happened.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
The secondary has just been atrocious. Its a team where we're we honestly could be undefeated as well a 1 win team. We keep choking a 4th quarter and its just not good. We're a very avg team melting down in 4th quarter. I think we have some of the worst DB coaches. Pretty much everyone in our secondary has regressed except McCourty. No idea what's happened.

The secondary is the biggest weakness for sure but I think the pass rush has its limitations still. It's not bad, but the Patriots could still use some inside rushers instead of having Wilfork out there. But in reality I think the Patriots are not a well coached team on the defensive side of the ball. I think they have enough talent to be a solid defense(the front 7 talent in particular is well above average) but everything from the players they use, the types of coverages they call, the type of blitzes they do or don't call(which I have always been a big critic of, I think their blitz packages in general have been horrible for years, this season's with Cunningham is probably the best it's ever been but that's not saying much), is to me very much a poor way of going about things.

On offense the Patriots have been probably the most sound team in terms of play design(though the Giants deserve some respect too) for years and no matter how much I hate certain things about that team I won't try to discredit that(to be honest I would sooner discredit the players, some of which I do think get too much credit). And every season they add new things that allow them to succeed, this year it just being a better running game and more hurry up concepts.

But honestly I think Belichick's presence holds back the defense. Even though their fronts and some other aspects of the system has changed, a lot of the things they do are based on the same concepts he's been using there since the beginning and I don't think they work particularly well anymore. You can even see a lot of the same values in terms of player types, I mean at least to me, when I see Hightower and Ninkovich I just see another form of McGinest and Vrabel, and really I think the NFL has evolved so fast that McGinest and Vrabel in their primes wouldn't be as valuable(particularly Vrabel, McGinest would be good in the same way that Hightower is currently good) as they were then. Instead guys like that would be regarded as slow, and not good enough pass rushers.

I just see a lot of things with that defense that I don't like and to me from a talent perspective that team is above average. For example when I compare the Jets, a team to me that is actually lacking in talent(despite having a better secondary), but are far better coached from a defensive standpoint. Whereas with the Patriots, if that team gets pressure on the Quarterback, it's 100% because the players won matchups and not to do with any disguising that creates pressures and the like.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at some of last night's results and I really feel that the AFC's berth in the superbowl is the Texans to throw away, however I think we might be right up there with the best of the rest.

The Patriots are inconsistent, as with the entire AFC East. I think New England will squeak the division with around 10 wins but they aren't a special team. Just so happens that Belichick knows how to out coach Fox.

No one in the AFC South other than Houston is worth a second look.

The Chiefs, Browns and Jaguars suck.

San Diego and Oakland aren't out of the playoff race but the Raiders simply aren't good enough to mount a sustained run and San Diego are awfully coached and have a habit of throwing things away, wouldn't surprise me if they go into free fall after last week.

The AFC North doesn't have an elite team anymore, but three solid ones. Baltimore got embarrassed yesterday and are plagued by injury, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are a level below and should challenge for wildcards.

1. Houston
2. Denver
3. New England
4. AFC North winner
5. AFC North runner up
6. AFC North 3rd place/East runner up
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver sure is building some momentum. And, they have held their own against the elite teams, almost coming back to beat all of them. BUT, that is the problem, they fall behind and have to come back each time, sans the Raider game.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Denver sure is building some momentum. And, they have held their own against the elite teams, almost coming back to beat all of them. BUT, that is the problem, they fall behind and have to come back each time, sans the Raider game.
Yeah hopefully they work on getting a fast start over the bye week. New Orleans next week is a lot more daunting than 3 or 4 weeks ago. Mustn't let Brees get ahead of us.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Yeah hopefully they work on getting a fast start over the bye week. New Orleans next week is a lot more daunting than 3 or 4 weeks ago. Mustn't let Brees get ahead of us.

On the other end, the Saints D is one Denver can easily come back against. They just can't let the Saints get too far in front.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

On the other end, the Saints D is one Denver can easily come back against. They just can't let the Saints get too far in front.
Yeah Saints D is atrocious.

Really hope Brady Bunch is still the QB when we play KC.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Donut wrote:

The secondary is the biggest weakness for sure but I think the pass rush has its limitations still. It's not bad, but the Patriots could still use some inside rushers instead of having Wilfork out there. But in reality I think the Patriots are not a well coached team on the defensive side of the ball. I think they have enough talent to be a solid defense(the front 7 talent in particular is well above average) but everything from the players they use, the types of coverages they call, the type of blitzes they do or don't call(which I have always been a big critic of, I think their blitz packages in general have been horrible for years, this season's with Cunningham is probably the best it's ever been but that's not saying much), is to me very much a poor way of going about things.

On offense the Patriots have been probably the most sound team in terms of play design(though the Giants deserve some respect too) for years and no matter how much I hate certain things about that team I won't try to discredit that(to be honest I would sooner discredit the players, some of which I do think get too much credit). And every season they add new things that allow them to succeed, this year it just being a better running game and more hurry up concepts.

But honestly I think Belichick's presence holds back the defense. Even though their fronts and some other aspects of the system has changed, a lot of the things they do are based on the same concepts he's been using there since the beginning and I don't think they work particularly well anymore. You can even see a lot of the same values in terms of player types, I mean at least to me, when I see Hightower and Ninkovich I just see another form of McGinest and Vrabel, and really I think the NFL has evolved so fast that McGinest and Vrabel in their primes wouldn't be as valuable(particularly Vrabel, McGinest would be good in the same way that Hightower is currently good) as they were then. Instead guys like that would be regarded as slow, and not good enough pass rushers.

I just see a lot of things with that defense that I don't like and to me from a talent perspective that team is above average. For example when I compare the Jets, a team to me that is actually lacking in talent(despite having a better secondary), but are far better coached from a defensive standpoint. Whereas with the Patriots, if that team gets pressure on the Quarterback, it's 100% because the players won matchups and not to do with any disguising that creates pressures and the like.

I dont see the nink comparison. i get hightower one. Nink to me is just a good role player and cover guy. He's a bit undersized and has short arms. Comparing the old defense to current at Lbs its very similar:
Hightower Vrabel
Mayo Bruschi(though mayo far more athletic)
Spikes Johnson
Jones to me is only one not really comparable to former Patriot.

I just think the secondary is taught poorly. Guys seem to look great and have a collpse the next season. Dowling is having that now(though he's had injuries), Butler was showing promise and fell apart completely. Arrington was a solid starter last yr and just sucks now. moore has some skill but isn't athletic enough. The S play is just awful.

The whole AFC looks just awful I'm just hoping that NE gets it together and if they dont they pathetically could play this bad and end up in Championship game vs Houston to lose. Just have to hop to peak at the right time and make a run.
broncosfan07 wrote:

Really hope Brady Bunch is still the QB when we play KC.

Quinn is awful. They're better off w/ at least seeing what Stanzi has but either way Cassel's probably the best QB on the roster.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chargers... Laughing The West is ours.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncospride95

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

So predictable of the Chargers. They were my upset of the week and the one game I felt confident about picking Laughing

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
hibdib31

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

So predictable of the Chargers. They were my upset of the week and the one game I felt confident about picking Laughing

This KC/Oak game is just yuck.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such an awesome TD, do a barrel roll!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let us down Tampa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Don't let us down Tampa

Seriously.. Just run Martin down their throats for my fantasy football sake!

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 11 of 30

Jump to: