You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Von Miller debate. All three are freaks. But, with some bias, Von has been great in run support. He has to be in the top of the league, or somewhere near it for stops for losses. Plus, he was tripled teamed versus the Charges at some point.

Aldon Smith had four sacks against Webb. I could get at least two sacks on Webb.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
Aldon Smith is making his push for the sack title...3 sacks at the half, 0.5 behind Miller.

Man, JJ Watt - 11.5 sacks, Aldon Smith 12.5 sacks, Von Miller 13 sacks through 10 games. What a class, maybe one day there will be no salary cap and the other two will pull a Miami Heat - take their talents to Mile High. Pray Shocked Smile

I think Watt and Von are on a different level. Both seem to play the game on the offensive side of the LOS, both against the run and pass. They're both game changers.

Smith is more the "one trick pony" type, something that I was afraid that Von might become. Instead he's improved his game immensely from last year as has Watt. IMO there's a big separation between those two and the rest of the pack.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest arguments against Von Miller in NFL General:

He rushes a majority of the time against the less athletic tackles, therefore his sack numbers are less impressive.

Teams run against at him more than other rushers, therefore he has more stuffs.

He does not face extra blockers due to the attention Elvis Dumervil (and even Derek Wolfe) draws away.

He was a high draft pick, therefore his production is expected to be at this level.

AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

He rushes a majority of the time against the less athletic tackles, therefore his sack numbers are less impressive.

He does not face extra blockers due to the attention Elvis Dumervil (and even Derek Wolfe) draws away.

He was a high draft pick, therefore his production is expected to be at this level.

You've got to be kidding. Laughing

I guess I need to visit NFL General for a bit of comic relief.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
JRebar913

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/aldon-smith-wants-von-miller-to-know-who-leads-the-league-in-sacks/

go have another drink aldon... Rolling Eyes
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/20/flex-broncostampa-bay-game/16994/

cowboys - eagles on sunday night. no matter how bad they are.....
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/11/20/flex-broncostampa-bay-game/16994/

Well, they have huge fanbases, for one, but secondly, I'm glad Denver didn't get flexed. They would've had a SNF game and then an away game that Thursday...not much turnaround.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me out guys!

Last week Von Miller led the NFL with 21 TFL according to this website and everyone else.
http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/defense-tackles-for-loss

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111810/2012/REG11/chargers@broncos?icampaign=GamePass_ScoreStrip_watch#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay
Quote:
(9:38 ) 44-J.Battle up the middle to SD 17 for -3 yards (58-V.Miller)

Quote:
(2:03) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers sacked at SD 36 for -14 yards (58-V.Miller).

Quote:
(14:10) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers sacked at SD 43 for -6 yards (58-V.Miller). FUMBLES (58-V.Miller), recovered by SD-67-R.Hadnot at SD 43. 67-R.Hadnot to SD 43 for no gain (91-R.Ayers).

Quote:
(7:51) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers sacked at SD 37 for -9 yards (58-V.Miller). FUMBLES (58-V.Miller), RECOVERED by DEN-52-W.Woodyard at SD 37. 52-W.Woodyard to SD 25 for 12 yards (80-M.Floyd).

He made 4 TFL this weekend and is listed at 23 TFL for the season.

https://twitter.com/JHeath_DEN/status/271015017397223424

Is there something wrong or the recovered fumbles by the Broncos D negates the TFL?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
Help me out guys!

Last week Von Miller led the NFL with 21 TFL according to this website and everyone else.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012111810/2012/REG11/chargers@broncos?icampaign=GamePass_ScoreStrip_watch#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay
Quote:
(9:38 ) 44-J.Battle up the middle to SD 17 for -3 yards (58-V.Miller)

Quote:
(2:03) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers sacked at SD 36 for -14 yards (58-V.Miller).

Quote:
(14:10) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers sacked at SD 43 for -6 yards (58-V.Miller). FUMBLES (58-V.Miller), recovered by SD-67-R.Hadnot at SD 43. 67-R.Hadnot to SD 43 for no gain (91-R.Ayers).

Quote:
(7:51) (Shotgun) 17-P.Rivers sacked at SD 37 for -9 yards (58-V.Miller). FUMBLES (58-V.Miller), RECOVERED by DEN-52-W.Woodyard at SD 37. 52-W.Woodyard to SD 25 for 12 yards (80-M.Floyd).

He made 4 TFL this weekend and is listed at 23 TFL for the season.

https://twitter.com/JHeath_DEN/status/271015017397223424

Is there something wrong or the recovered fumbles by the Broncos D negates the TFL?

Yeah it appears that way. The TFL on those two plays where Von got the sack and forced the fumble goes to the player who tackled the offensive player who recovered the ball. I just tallied up all of Von's stats from game logs and concur with the 23 TFLs (11 from sacks).
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:

Well, they have huge fanbases, for one, but secondly, I'm glad Denver didn't get flexed. They would've had a SNF game and then an away game that Thursday...not much turnaround.
It would interfere with Walking Dead and Homeland glad it wasn't flexed, plus Collinsworth is annoying as hell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:

It would interfere with Walking Dead and Homeland glad it wasn't flexed, plus Collinsworth is annoying as hell.

i totally forgot they play oakland that thursday night.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans look so beatable right now. Granted, Joseph didn't play. But with the Cushing and Reed injuries tear a hole into the middle of their defense. Stokley, Dreessen and Tamme should be able to work that if it comes to a 2nd match in the playoffs.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just going to chime in on the Von vs Watt vs Aldon Smith argument. Von was tripled teamed at one point during the Chargers game. That is all I have to say about that.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
The Texans look so beatable right now. Granted, Joseph didn't play. But with the Cushing and Reed injuries tear a hole into the middle of their defense. Stokley, Dreessen and Tamme should be able to work that if it comes to a 2nd match in the playoffs.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I've come to the conclusion that the best case scenario for us would be to get the #3 seed in AFC playoffs. There are several reasons for this.

1. Rest is nice but look how many teams that played in the Wild Card round went on to win/play in the Super Bowl. Having a week off is nice but having rhythm and maintaining a routine going into the post season I think means more.

2. If Houston gets the 1 seed and Baltimore gets the 2, we need the 3 to keep from having to go to New England. Like you, I think Houston is very beatable and Peyton's career record against Baltimore is stellar. If we get the 3 seed we play the 6 seed - right now that'd be Indy, I like our chances. I also like our chances against Pittsburgh, Cincy, San Diego, Buffalo, et al of the "in the hunt" teams who will get the 6 seed.

That would give us an easy win and a trip to Baltimore in the divisional round. I think that's a winnable game for us. Secondly, it sends New England (with Gronk) to Houston and, if they win, brings the Pats here for the AFC Championship game where I like our chances A LOT better than I would going to Foxboro in late January.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 15 of 30

Jump to: