Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
Norv Turner is idiotic, he clearly should have taken Gaither out that final series. Good thing for Broncos that the Chargers lost!
Very good and SD hasn't been all that impressive to me yet this season, defense isn't bad but offensively they've dropped off.

Their Offense is lacking playmakers and their O-Line is worse than ours. If Gaither is out, Harris will be such a liability for them. Mathews started to get some good runs and catches in this game. We need to watch out for those counter, screens and backdoor PA passes. Rivers is being left to dry out there, so we need to take advantage of that. Their Defense has improved, they lack depth in the secondary and are very aggressive. Manning should see the blitz they try to throw at him, he'll probably avoid Weddle or bait him. Phillips and Ingram could provide some problems and Butler is just beastin.

that's like saying if clady is out whoever fill his spot will be such a liability for us. Rolling Eyes

Yes from an average LT to an undrafted rookie LT who has been dominated thus far in his career. Sorry a huge liability. Any team losing their LT would be at a disadvantage but having an undrafted rookie LT start is tremendous for an attacking defense like ours. Rolling Eyes

uh huh, IF. that's what your argument is based on. pointless Laughing
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
Norv Turner is idiotic, he clearly should have taken Gaither out that final series. Good thing for Broncos that the Chargers lost!
Very good and SD hasn't been all that impressive to me yet this season, defense isn't bad but offensively they've dropped off.

Their Offense is lacking playmakers and their O-Line is worse than ours. If Gaither is out, Harris will be such a liability for them. Mathews started to get some good runs and catches in this game. We need to watch out for those counter, screens and backdoor PA passes. Rivers is being left to dry out there, so we need to take advantage of that. Their Defense has improved, they lack depth in the secondary and are very aggressive. Manning should see the blitz they try to throw at him, he'll probably avoid Weddle or bait him. Phillips and Ingram could provide some problems and Butler is just beastin.

that's like saying if clady is out whoever fill his spot will be such a liability for us. Rolling Eyes

Yes from an average LT to an undrafted rookie LT who has been dominated thus far in his career. Sorry a huge liability. Any team losing their LT would be at a disadvantage but having an undrafted rookie LT start is tremendous for an attacking defense like ours. Rolling Eyes

uh huh, IF. that's what your argument is based on. pointless Laughing

Applause

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, reading Texans fans whine about a cut block that injures their players, the irony is just painful. No team cut blocks more than the Texans do.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I have to say, reading Texans fans whine about a cut block that injures their players, the irony is just painful. No team cut blocks more than the Texans do.

Did you see my post in the NFL General forum saying the exact same thing? It is incredible, isn't it?

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Did you see my post in the NFL General forum saying the exact same thing? It is incredible, isn't it?

Nope, but nice to see someone else thinks the same way.

Generally in zone blocking you cut block a run blitzer. On certain plays your non-playside tackle runs the direction everyone else goes in and cut blocks a the non-play side Defensive End or Tackle depending on how wide the defense is lined up, but not by going for his knees or legs(because that will miss, instead you literally up-end him by going low and using your non-playside shoulder and back). Occasionally there are situations where the non-playside Defensive End is lined up close enough to the run where the non-playside Tackle cuts him low right at the start of the play as opposed to leaving him alone.

But the Texans are worse in that they cut block a weak side Linebacker if he cheats to defend the run or just at the end of the play where the Tackle on that side has no one else to block and they do it by diving low at a player. Near the end of the play where the runner is already downfield there's really no advantage to be had by cut blocking, it's just a dirty player and I've seen Duane Brown do it this year. Not only is it a "cheap shot" by the standards of Texans fans, but I think it's a risky tactic anyway. I frequently see players whiff on plays like that. It's one thing I dislike about the Texans.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pot meet kettle. Cut blocking is always accepted as long as it doesn't happen to your team.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Cushing going down, I wonder if Houston would be interested in trading for DJ. I know it doesnt exactly help them next year when Cushing returns but could help them this season. Im sure our Front Office would do it.

What about DJ for a 3rd?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
With Cushing going down, I wonder if Houston would be interested in trading for DJ. I know it doesnt exactly help them next year when Cushing returns but could help them this season. Im sure our Front Office would do it.

What about DJ for a 3rd?
They signed Ruud to replace him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

What about DJ for a 3rd?
They signed Ruud to replace him.

Yeah I saw that but hes trash. Doesnt fit the 3-4, even a little bit.

I think that was just a bandaid till they either find someone or roll without one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills waived Safety Delano Howell. The guy was awesome in preseason. I would give him a workout.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills @ Cards is one fun game to watch. Close game like so many this weekend.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week ago, we thought that the Big, Bad Pats were going to be unstoppable from here on out after what happened against Denver. After today, I don't think so.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I never thought they were unstoppable because I saw them get destroyed by the Cardinals defense. Man I love seeing the Patriots lose though. Especially when the offense stalls drive after drive after drive and Brady throws two picks. Delicious. That's what New England usually saves for the Playoffs.

They're still a dink and dunk offense(albeit with a better running game, which helps a lot, too bad Josh McDaniels is the coordinator), and they're still a Belicheck defense, which is to say they're talented on defense but held back by terrible coaching. They'll be good because the AFC is terrible(and was terrible last year), but they're not a dominant team, and they're not winning a Superbowl.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell asleep at half time and to be honest, I thought the Patriots were well on top at half time so what happened? The Patriots shafted themselves out of 3 points at the end of the half with awful clock management for the 2nd week in a row, but it appears this time to have cost them.

I found myself in a weird disposition watching the Raiders game. Obviously, I hate the Raiders so I wanted the Falcons to win. But the sheer arrogance of the Atlanta gameplan made me despise them too. They thought that just because they were playing a depleted secondary, they could launch long ball after long ball after long ball. I am actually glad they got that thrown back in their faces. The way to beat a poor secondary like that is to beat them in the 1v1 matchups like Manning did, not to just launch deep balls into double coverage.

MUFC OK
Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russel Wilson is surprisingly good at deep throws. Too bad receivers dropped a few of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30

Jump to: