Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Cedric Benson signs with Green Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love to see the run game get in a rhythm, I actually think Starks could but MM refuses to let the running game get in a rhythm.
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of like this signing. Bensen has been a feature back before, but make no mistake. He clearly benefited from a very strong O-line in Cinnicinatti. His YPC is low and he cannot create his own space. He takes what the O-line gives and plows forward.

With all that said though, he doesn't kill drives. I'll take consistent 3 yard carries so that the passing game can flourish.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely fits the bill as a "Packer Person".

[MOD EDIT - LINK TO VIDEO REMOVED. PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO VIDEOS THAT CONTAIN INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE OR CONTENT]

IrishGreen wrote:
we're all gonna make it
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
Is this actually official? Or is it still just speculation?

Official speculation. (Signing expected to come this weekend I believe)
.flash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sucks but I don't see the harm in this signing.

Wow, after reading that sentence I just became really depressed about our RB situation. Thank God it doesn't really matter, given Aaron Rodgers and all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are there any RBs out there where we can trade on the cheap like we did with Grant?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
I love to see the run game get in a rhythm, I actually think Starks could but MM refuses to let the running game get in a rhythm.

A year ago I would agree with you, but now it just seems that Starks is allergic to holding onto the football, running or receiving.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Man, if this goes through, I really like the signing. It'd be nice to have something more reliable back there. He could be a great closer for us in the 4th quarter.

Hey palmy, after the past couple of years and all that's gone down (or the lack thereof) with our running game, you still get heartburn over the Packers passing on Marshawn Lynch? Very Happy

I just don't think most fans truly understand how close the Packers truly were to landing Lynch. On the 11th hour, Lynch was a Packer!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

A year ago I would agree with you, but now it just seems that Starks is allergic to holding onto the football, running or receiving.

Its just 1 preseason game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

He's apparently been having a poor training camp too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posty wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

IMO he had a very good divisional game and if we woulda have him in the whole game and Grant inactive we would have have a better chance to win. He also seems like he's a real good cold weather runner.
pimatt082985

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

Training camp, as well as, loss against the Giants. I know everyone had the dropsies that game, but his sticks out in my mind because he seems to be James Jones Jr.
pimatt082985

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
Posty wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

IMO he had a very good divisional game and if we woulda have him in the whole game and Grant inactive we would have have a better chance to win. He also seems like he's a real good cold weather runner.

I do agree with you about Grant 100%. One reason I am glad about the Benson signing. We know what Grant was in this offense. I want to see if Benson brings anything new. This will also be good competition for Starks, and hopefully he wakes up. I loved him during his first season.
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
Posty wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:
pimatt082985 wrote:
Mattwaukee wrote:

I do agree with you about Grant 100%. One reason I am glad about the Benson signing. We know what Grant was in this offense. I want to see if Benson brings anything new. This will also be good competition for Starks, and hopefully he wakes up. I loved him during his first season.

I agree with all that.
Don049293

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the signing But it seems like a stop gap One or two year average signing

But would love TT to go after Jonathan Stewart From Carolina I know he is in his last year of contract

But could you imagine this offense with him

I know it would take 2-3 round pick and alot of money to resign and we have two many now. And he fits this system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: