Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Cedric Benson signs with Green Bay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packman Luke

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Don't know if I would call checkmate there. I tend to agree with him. Two very good line guys can view the same play from a much different POV pending many things.

A guy like Wells always graded very high for me but a smart line guy like msmre was not a big fan. Many on here feel Sitton is the best guard in the game. I disagree and view him a click below the elite.

Just too many moving parts with line play to grade it black and white on paper.

Well yeah, one could argue no statistic in football (or sports for that matter) can 100% accurately evaluate a player. That doesn't mean the numbers don't help.

Mostly my "checkmate" comment was a response to incog's naturally hilarious argumentative style. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cog gets me going from time to time also.... Laughing

Was just sayin. Ton of gray area when it comes to grading lineman. Only spot that needs more time in is QB. That's a all together different world right there!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packman Luke wrote:

Well yeah, one could argue no statistic in football (or sports for that matter) can 100% accurately evaluate a player. That doesn't mean the numbers don't help.

Mostly my "checkmate" comment was a response to incog's naturally hilarious argumentative style. Wink

i do NOT have a naturally hilarious argumentative style.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Cog gets me going from time to time also.... Laughing

Was just sayin. Ton of gray area when it comes to grading lineman. Only spot that needs more time in is QB. That's a all together different world right there!

oh I agree, I think it's difficult to statistically analyze line play, but people do attempt to do so and use what I consider to be pretty decent information to do so.

It's certainly better than relying on commentary from casual fans and announcers who only see a handful of other teams a couple times and don't really pay attention to the line play anyway.

I'd most likely take your word over FO's stats, however Smile
TheVirginian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

i do NOT have a naturally hilarious argumentative style.

Arrow Yes You Do Exclamation Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like the Benson move. It was absolutely necessary and should improve our run game tremendously.

However, I'd have like to have seen the Packers act sooner. Yes, we got Benson for the veteran's minimum, but if we acted sooner we could have grabbed a guy like Peyton Hillis (who I love) or Michael Bush (who is solid). I think both would have been better options than Benson, especially Hillis. He would have had such a killer YPC in our system. It would have been a bit more costly, but Hillis signed for a lot less than he's worth IMO. If we went after him (not TT style to go after FAs, I know) and got him, I would have been ecstatic.

Whatever...just a thought. Benson will do just fine.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!
PackFan4Ever

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like Hillis too, but the Packers don't value the position enough to spend that kind of money. TT looks for bargain basement (stressing bargain), and there is inherent risk in that approach, but it is mitigated by the fact that Aaron will continue to throw the rock regardless of who lines up behind him and the investment will probably remain with him until he is no longer in the Green and Gold.

- Vince Lombardi
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad TT said no to Hillis, though it's not like it was that tempting of an offer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: