Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs are DOWN in the power rankings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Chiefs are DOWN in the power rankings? Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000050045/article/nfl-power-rankings-atlanta-falcons-rise-chicago-bears-fall?module=HP11_hot_topics

So after week 1 of the pre-season where we won convincingly. Ran the ball extremely well and our starting QB looked very good AND our D achieved seven sacks and 2 turn overs, we drop a spot in the power rankings? Did he not get a chance to watch the chiefs game yet? Absolutely moronic to think we'd drop...

Sorry Bigs, but the pause for affect I think is warranted.
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh I couldn't really care less about power rankings in the preseason. There meaningless.

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, the guy has no clue. He believes the season rests on MORE than Cassel's arm...implying that even if Cassel does well, they still might not win the West lol. "Poe must win the job over Toribio", who he admittedly doesn't know who that is and we need to improve at OLB (Houston). Great stuff.

Personally, I'd rank Routt as my biggest concern after Cassel. For some reason, I just keep envisioning good passing teams being able to consistently drive the ball all game by picking on him. I believe we will usually stiffen inside the red zone and force FG attempts, but you never know. I have this feeling that Brown overtakes him at some point...if he can end up about as good as Carr, then Pioli's decision to not lock up Carr a long time ago would look alot better.
brawl.kc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped one spot due to a man-crush on Atlanta. The title was a bit sensationalist, I'd say. Besides, pre-season power-rankings don't much matter.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not overly concerned about it, was more shocked that he could find a reason to drop us after week one. But when you read his comments it's fairly clear that he either doesn't care about how we played, or as Rage said, he simply doesn't know. Just thought it was interesting, take the "we're being ignored" ideals to a whole new level of sad.

But what can you do. When we come out gunning, take a lead in the division and dominate other teams with our run game and defense...maybe then they'll take notice.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our odds of winning the division changed from 9/2 to 3/1. Those power rankings mean nothing.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
No worries, the guy has no clue. He believes the season rests on MORE than Cassel's arm...implying that even if Cassel does well, they still might not win the West lol. "Poe must win the job over Toribio", who he admittedly doesn't know who that is and we need to improve at OLB (Houston). Great stuff.

Personally, I'd rank Routt as my biggest concern after Cassel. For some reason, I just keep envisioning good passing teams being able to consistently drive the ball all game by picking on him. I believe we will usually stiffen inside the red zone and force FG attempts, but you never know. I have this feeling that Brown overtakes him at some point...if he can end up about as good as Carr, then Pioli's decision to not lock up Carr a long time ago would look alot better.

Me too man. I'm actually quite worried about Routt. No one ha mentioned it but the Cards were picking on him a bit in the game and were successful. Mind you it was Fitz who he lined up against but I guess we'll have to see if it's a consistent thing. He also took a PI if I remember correctly.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not convinced about Routt either. However, I thought it was interesting that Brown started and looked pretty good. I don't think Routt looked as bad as others, I think his PI call was a wash, and can be more attributed to the replacement refs. The did a fairly poor job calling the game in my opinion, just less huge glaring things like calling a ball downed on the 3 a touchback and spotting the ball outside of the hasmarks.

We'll see how Routt plays as the team continues to gel, it wouldn't shock me if what we're hearing about Brown could be pushing Routt for PT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: