Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

It's h-h-happening? D-Bowe in KC?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gggunit16 wrote:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/playernews

"Bowe is not close to signing his one-year tender offer from the Cheifs, refuting an earlier report, a source with knowledge of the situation told NBC Pro Football Talk"

Uh oh. Seriously?

Professional. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
gggunit16 wrote:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/resources/playernews

"Bowe is not close to signing his one-year tender offer from the Cheifs, refuting an earlier report, a source with knowledge of the situation told NBC Pro Football Talk"

Uh oh. Seriously?

Professional. Laughing

ESPN always is! Smile
kylecumberland

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so Schefter is saying Bowe won't show up until days before the Atlanta game.....That is the dumbest thing I have heard of. Not only is it hurting his team, it likley will take money out of his own pocket. How does he expect to put together a good year when he doesn't even know the playbook? Not only that by not showing up he is showing potential free agent teams of the future that he is not reliable....whoever his agent is should be fired on the spot.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylecumberland wrote:
so Schefter is saying Bowe won't show up until days before the Atlanta game.....That is the dumbest thing I have heard of. Not only is it hurting his team, it likley will take money out of his own pocket. How does he expect to put together a good year when he doesn't even know the playbook? Not only that by not showing up he is showing potential free agent teams of the future that he is not reliable....whoever his agent is should be fired on the spot.

So does it also show potential FA's that the Chief's try to lowball even their BEST players ?? I don't think so, this is a business and both sides see that....

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

So does it also show potential FA's that the Chief's try to lowball even their BEST players ?? I don't think so, this is a business and both sides see that....

There is no negotiating to be done at this point. Bowe either signs his tag and gets to work or he doesn't. Him sitting out doesn't say anything about the Chief's brass. Bowe is only hurting himself by not reporting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
kylecumberland wrote:

I agree, I think the chiefs want to be sure about Bowe while Bowe doesn't want to risk injury like what happened to Brees.

I understand fans being angry that Bowe isn't in camp but professionally it makes sense for him. As long as he is confident he can come in and play good football then it would make sense for him to stay away until the begining of the season.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I understand where he is coming from with the exception of it will likely hurt his value somewhat. Sure there are plays that all WRs can run, but how long will it take to get Bowe up to speed is my question. If he is a non-factor for the first 3 weeks of the season...how much does that hurt his value when FA hits?

My issue with Chiefs brass is, it seems like there was nothing done. I mean, even with Fort Knox we were used to a little leak here or there about contract offers etc. Here it seems all to much like the Carr situation where a contract wasn't really even discussed.

Also I can see this, or a very similar situation happening with Albert. We drafted a guy (possibly 2) who could come in and play LT. It wouldn't shock me at all if we tag Bowe again next off-season and let Albert walk. Or, if we tag Albert and keep our eyes on Stephenson/Allen at the LT position. While I understand you can't keep all your players, it seems that a pattern could be developing. The guys we re-signed had zero depth behind them, whereas now it seems like we're gaining depth so keeping players is less of a premium need.

All of this is only made worse by the fact that we had money to keep Carr and or Bowe. I just hope we don't get too comfortable transfering out our young talent for the next man up.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I tweeted Josh Looney about it, not sure how to link that, but...he said he hasn't even heard whispers about anything happening. Boo hiss boo hiss!
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Yeah I understand where he is coming from with the exception of it will likely hurt his value somewhat. Sure there are plays that all WRs can run, but how long will it take to get Bowe up to speed is my question. If he is a non-factor for the first 3 weeks of the season...how much does that hurt his value when FA hits?

I guess you can say what huts his value more 3 weeks of ineffectiveness or maybe getting a season ending injury before actually starting the year? it's a fine line so i see arguments for both sides so I try not to judge too much.

My issue with Chiefs brass is, it seems like there was nothing done. I mean, even with Fort Knox we were used to a little leak here or there about contract offers etc. Here it seems all to much like the Carr situation where a contract wasn't really even discussed.

With regards to Carr, i'm sure Carr let the Chiefs offer to match the contract if they wanted to but i for one would not have paid him 10M a year. He's not worth it and it would look even worse having just paid Flowers significantly less even though he is arguably better.

Also I can see this, or a very similar situation happening with Albert. We drafted a guy (possibly 2) who could come in and play LT. It wouldn't shock me at all if we tag Bowe again next off-season and let Albert walk. Or, if we tag Albert and keep our eyes on Stephenson/Allen at the LT position. While I understand you can't keep all your players, it seems that a pattern could be developing. The guys we re-signed had zero depth behind them, whereas now it seems like we're gaining depth so keeping players is less of a premium need.

I agree, if this happens with Albert then i think we should get worried about continually not taking care of our own. On the other hand if Pioli comes through then I say cudos because he would have essentially taken the money to pay Carr to help pay fo our RT and LT, which, imo are more valuable spots.

All of this is only made worse by the fact that we had money to keep Carr and or Bowe. I just hope we don't get too comfortable transfering out our young talent for the next man up.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if an analogy could me made, which I doubt....camo pants and a Dodge Charger (as ugly as that thing is) are pretty 'blue collar, lunch pale, let's get to work' kinda message in my mind. But there is probably nothing there to analogize about.

I just hope that when (not if) he gets to camp, he can pick up on things quickly and be a force week one, instead of a decoy for three weeks till he gets comfortable.

Regardless, our "1"s looked very good for a first pre-season game.
Plus, it gives our kids a little more exposure, and finds out who can be thought of as depth and special teamers. No real concern here.....yet!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Bowe prediction...

when the Chiefs return to KC from camp.. (after the next game I think?) he will report.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My issue is, that our offense looked good, but our recieving corps other than Dex didn't do much. And it isn't like Bowe being there is going to make it look any worse!
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
My issue is, that our offense looked good, but our recieving corps other than Dex didn't do much. And it isn't like Bowe being there is going to make it look any worse!

it was the very first pre-season game. Let's not read into it. I don't think we ran more than one play designed to go to an outside receiver.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RVM, thanks for detracting the trolling comment, it wasn't what I was doing.

Couple of other thoughts, I think Bowe WANTS to sign a long term contract w/ the Chiefs else he would just sign the 1 yr tender then test FA next year.

Also, there are guys that would use this time to just get a little more time off, don't want a full TC. Not saying Bowe is this guy, but it has happened more than once and I feel Bowe knows the offense fairly well to believe he can just fit right in...while not a TO-type diva, Bowe has a bit of ego in him, as do a lot of #1 WR's in this league.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
RVM, thanks for detracting the trolling comment, it wasn't what I was doing.

Couple of other thoughts, I think Bowe WANTS to sign a long term contract w/ the Chiefs else he would just sign the 1 yr tender then test FA next year.

Also, there are guys that would use this time to just get a little more time off, don't want a full TC. Not saying Bowe is this guy, but it has happened more than once and I feel Bowe knows the offense fairly well to believe he can just fit right in...while not a TO-type diva, Bowe has a bit of ego in him, as do a lot of #1 WR's in this league.

I misread, sorry.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: