Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should we sign Donovan McNabb?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaSteeleboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Should we sign Donovan McNabb? Reply with quote

We can all agree that our backups suck and if Matt Ryan were to get injured then our season would be at huge risk. Chris Redman has been here for a long time but he is getting older and older and he can't seem to turn heads like he did in 2007. When Ryan got injured in the Detroit game last year, Redman looked pretty stale. JPW is only a practice squad player and he isn't special either. Dominique Davis on the other hand would be a nice option as a backup but he needs to be developed. For some reason he kind of reminds me of Joe Webb. I've been thinking maybe we can give McNabb a call and let him be the backup. In case Ryan ever gets injured we can turn to him and we won't have to be as worried if Redman was filling in. I know McNabb has taken a huge nose dive the last couple years and he would have limited time to learn the playbook but he's a veteran, has winning experience, been to the superbowl, and I know he still has a little something left. I'm just saying i'd rather take McNabb over Redman/JPW.

Last edited by DaSteeleboy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be fine with it. Redman sucks. JPW is just as bad. Davis showed little yesterday (although he looked the best of the 3 to me). McNabb might suck too though. I would be okay with getting him in for a tryout.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the idea. I don't think McNabb is horrible. Just not good anymore. But he does have a ton of experience in the NFL which is good.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im def ok with it. hes not great anymore but with our weapons and an actual running game, he would def be a better option then Redman. as long as he is willing to take the vet minimum.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait to make an assessment on our QB situation. The 1st game back is always tough especially for players who don't receive much playing time to begin with. I think if you were to place Redman in the 1st string offense he would be much better. That's an obvious, but as a backup that is all you can ask for.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just no.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
No. Just no.

exactly. He simply isn't worth a spot on a nfl roster anymore
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well id take any experience right now. Cause our backups are simply just not gonna cut it
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a Super Bowl game tomorrow and we had a backup QB that was starting you would honestly say you would rather have Chris Redman over Donovan McNabb?

I don't like either but Redman is that bad IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
If we had a Super Bowl game tomorrow and we had a backup QB that was starting you would honestly say you would rather have Chris Redman over Donovan McNabb?

Mcnabb would honestly be better in that situation
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Based on what? Hes not good at learning new offenses and his play has severely declined. I wouldnt want either but if I had to pick, I'd want the guy he's been on the team the last 5years.

What we really need is to get a young guy to develop, a la Matt Schaub. Great back up, good starter, and eventually trade him
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Based on what? Hes not good at learning new offenses and his play has severely declined. I wouldnt want either but if I had to pick, I'd want the guy he's been on the team the last 5years.

What we really need is to get a young guy to develop, a la Matt Schaub. Great back up, good starter, and eventually trade him

But we need a "Matt Schaub" right now though.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
adam9 wrote:

They don't exactly grow on trees. Neither Redman or Mcnabb are even close to that caliber...

But we need a "Matt Schaub" right now though.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Davis can be as good as Dennis Dixon. That's all we need really. He's not there yet obviously....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
I still think Davis can be as good as Dennis Dixon. That's all we need really. He's not there yet obviously....
I think everybody is really overreacting after One Preseason Game. I still have faith in Davis developing into a suitable backup this season. Remember, his interception was actually a good pass that got tipped by his receiver. He was playing with the bottom of the depth chart he had no talent around him and still ended up looking better than Redman or Wilson. Give the man a couple more weeks before you say better luck next year. This is a discussion we should all be having in week 4 of the preseason, not week 1.

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: