Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grade Your Rookies & FA's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Grade Your Rookies & FA's Reply with quote

I am not going to try this as I have not seen any Raiders games yet, so can you give me an honest evaluation ??

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Grade Your Rookies & FA's Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
I am not going to try this as I have not seen any Raiders games yet, so can you give me an honest evaluation ??

I can get started on a few. Wheeler has been the most impressive addition we've brought in, per reports from camp. The guy is playing on fire and looks to be the perfect LB for what our scheme needs.

5th rounder Criner and undrafted rookie Streater and doing very well at WR. Streater looks to be earning himself a weekly role in games the way he is catching the ball. Criner started out hot, hot, hot and has averaged out lately.

Goodson is disappointing so far. Definitely not what we were all expecting and has many fans wondering if we'll go after Grant or another RB to compete. RB Lonyae Miller has been a pleasant surprise though, not sure if he's good enough to be our back up RB.

Spencer and Bartell have done well, Spencer has had some ups and downs. Neither of them have proven they'll be a star as of yet, however they look like they won't be the downfall of our defense either. We may look for more CB depth before the season opens.

Leinart looks to have command of the offense (as he should per his experience), but has his weaknesses. Personally I'm very satisfied for him as our back-up QB.

LB Miles Burris looks to be solid and good depth. Albeit he may be starting more than we'd like, he's looking to be average and adequate at this point. Hopefully he'll get better. Certainly is pretty good considering he was a mid round pick for us. Same goes for OT/OG Bergstrom. He looks solidly average, and could develop into more.

Other additions, DE Tollefson (who's actually played well so I may be undervaluing him now), DE Crawford, DT Bilukidi, CB Patrick Lee have shown flashes of good play, but nothing that really stands out.

Did I miss much? Briesel has been playing well at guard.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you're underselling Tollefson a bit to be honest. He really collapsed the pocket well against the Cards.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Think you're underselling Tollefson a bit to be honest. He really collapsed the pocket well against the Cards.

Yeah he's been a really solid contributor. Really satisfied with the move.

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:

He Was part of he best D-line in the NFL last year
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An honest evaluation. First, bear in mind no games have been played and we all as Raider fans have seen flashes and potential in spades so there's not much to be certain of until games are played.

Wheeler - Looks to be very active in this D. Definitely has the potential of being an above average impact player for the D, if not necessarily a playmaker in the true sense of the word.

Tollefson - will definitely be a strong and solid contributor to the rotation.

Goodson - fumble problems are not behind him. Probably exactly what you would expect to receive in return for a Bruce Campbell.

Brisiel - A solid guard. Nothing exceptional or inadequate with him so far. It's way too early to tell anything from an interior lineman.

Spencer - Solid enough, nothing special but not a mess like Chris Johnson or Routt - at least how I see Routt.

Bartell - same thing but a bit better than Spencer. Too early to tell as he just got back into participating in camp.

The CBs in general will be helped and hidden by running a non-man-coverage scheme. And the front 7 is looking very active to the point where Spencer and Bartell can be hidden somewhat.

Leinart - better than Boller. Great at the short stuff, crap on the long ball. Can execute this O but will never orchestrate a scoring offense.

Rookies:

Bergstrom - nothing really to go on yet.
Burris - An overactive LB. Will take a few years to play within himself, if he ever learns to. Think Mike Mitchell playing LB. Anyway that is my opinion.
Criner - will contribute at WR. Good body control, can get open. Not that much to go on yet. Shined early in OTAs.
Streater - catches everything. Has the look of a legit possession WR. Again, it's very early but I think we all have very high hopes for this guy. On his PI drawn in the end zone he slowed his route in order to both shield the defender from the ball and draw the PI. That is a smooth veteran play not many rookies will even have the instincts to do. So I hope for the best from this guy.
L. Miller - solid, not spectacular
Crawford - nothing yet
Bilukidi - high potential, project player
Dom. Hamilton - same as Bilukidi
Stupar - probably won't make the team, nothing of note.
Ihenacho - worth mentioning. He will make the team and his strip sack the other night gave us all high hope that he has those type of natural instincts to build on.

The guys in bold I believe in my opinion will be significant positive contributors sooner rather than later. The rest will range between potential, developing, average, above average, etc..
luvmyraiderz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than Boller? They can't even be used in the same sentence lol. I would not be concerned one bit with Leinart running this team with what I've seen so far. He almost looks as good as Palmer in my opinion. Without the arm strength of course.

Raiders-Athletics-Warriors-Golden Bears-Fighting Irish
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luvmyraiderz wrote:
Better than Boller? They can't even be used in the same sentence lol. I would not be concerned one bit with Leinart running this team with what I've seen so far. He almost looks as good as Palmer in my opinion. Without the arm strength of course.

He looks as good as Palmer, full well knowing Palmer is looking terrible in preseason form right now. That's as good as Leinart looks.

But Leinart, in my belief, has no ability to lead a team to be a consistent scoring threat. He can move the ball and that's about it. He'll never throw for 3 TDs or 400 yards when under the gun, never be the architect of a potent offense..
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
luvmyraiderz wrote:

He looks as good as Palmer, full well knowing Palmer is looking terrible in preseason form right now. That's as good as Leinart looks.

But Leinart, in my belief, has no ability to lead a team to be a consistent scoring threat. He can move the ball and that's about it. He'll never throw for 3 TDs or 400 yards when under the gun, never be the architect of a potent offense..

its more about w's than stats but say for every 400 yards there is 3 ints. if matt can be like gannon and hit the underneath routes and posts wit fewer ints moving the chains im happy. cp looks lost without hue.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
An honest evaluation. First, bear in mind no games have been played and we all as Raider fans have seen flashes and potential in spades so there's not much to be certain of until games are played.

Wheeler - Looks to be very active in this D. Definitely has the potential of being an above average impact player for the D, if not necessarily a playmaker in the true sense of the word.

Tollefson - will definitely be a strong and solid contributor to the rotation.

Goodson - fumble problems are not behind him. Probably exactly what you would expect to receive in return for a Bruce Campbell.

Brisiel - A solid guard. Nothing exceptional or inadequate with him so far. It's way too early to tell anything from an interior lineman.

Spencer - Solid enough, nothing special but not a mess like Chris Johnson or Routt - at least how I see Routt.

Bartell - same thing but a bit better than Spencer. Too early to tell as he just got back into participating in camp.

The CBs in general will be helped and hidden by running a non-man-coverage scheme. And the front 7 is looking very active to the point where Spencer and Bartell can be hidden somewhat.

Leinart - better than Boller. Great at the short stuff, crap on the long ball. Can execute this O but will never orchestrate a scoring offense.

Rookies:

Bergstrom - nothing really to go on yet.
Burris - An overactive LB. Will take a few years to play within himself, if he ever learns to. Think Mike Mitchell playing LB. Anyway that is my opinion.
Criner - will contribute at WR. Good body control, can get open. Not that much to go on yet. Shined early in OTAs.
Streater - catches everything. Has the look of a legit possession WR. Again, it's very early but I think we all have very high hopes for this guy. On his PI drawn in the end zone he slowed his route in order to both shield the defender from the ball and draw the PI. That is a smooth veteran play not many rookies will even have the instincts to do. So I hope for the best from this guy.
L. Miller - solid, not spectacular
Crawford - nothing yet
Bilukidi - high potential, project player
Dom. Hamilton - same as Bilukidi
Stupar - probably won't make the team, nothing of note.
Ihenacho - worth mentioning. He will make the team and his strip sack the other night gave us all high hope that he has those type of natural instincts to build on.

The guys in bold I believe in my opinion will be significant positive contributors sooner rather than later. The rest will range between potential, developing, average, above average, etc..

agree but i think kidi has shown some good things. he clogged the lines vrs dallas
nacho= young burgess?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: