Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinton Coples vs. Chandler Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These reporters will seize on anything when things are slow. I think the Jets decided on Coples because of his freakish size and versatility. I'm sure they also had a sense that a guy like DeVito would be difficult to retain, so that reality may have factored into the choice as well.

I also think that sack counts don't really paint the whole picture. What impressed me was how quickly the Wilkerson / Coples combo would be in the grill of a QB on passing downs in the second half of last season.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't say I hated Chandler coming out. But I thought he looked a little raw and would be a great 2nd round project. We'll see how they both do in year 2. although with Coples "switching positions", I expect him to have a slower start. I still like the Coples pick as long as he doesn't get lazy.
green24

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't really think of a better place to post this, but Melvin Ingram just tore his ACL. I know a lot of people here wanted him at 16 last year.
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ TATT maybe??
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Couldn't really think of a better place to post this, but Melvin Ingram just tore his ACL. I know a lot of people here wanted him at 16 last year.

Not sure how that affects it. Not like the teams drafting him could anticipate him tearing his ACL in his second season. From what I remember he didn't have any injury issues before.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

green24

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

Not sure how that affects it. Not like the teams drafting him could anticipate him tearing his ACL in his second season. From what I remember he didn't have any injury issues before.

I know, just thought I would share. There has been a little Ingram discussion in this thread as well. He was pretty disappointing last season.

Last edited by green24 on Tue May 14, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

I know, just thought I would sure. There has been a little Ingram discussion in this thread as well. He was pretty disappointing last season.

It just seems like an unnecessary swipe at a player who we aren't even discussing.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

JMG

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

I know, just thought I would sure. There has been a little Ingram discussion in this thread as well. He was pretty disappointing last season.

It just seems like an unnecessary swipe at a player who we aren't even discussing.
Not sure why you have a problem with him posting about Ingram. I wouldn't call that a swipe either. Settle down brother.

[]_[] Family
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

Not sure why you have a problem with him posting about Ingram. I wouldn't call that a swipe either. Settle down brother.

Look at this thread about two players, let me bring in a third player we didn't draft and look he's injured! Glad we didn't draft him.

It was most definitely a swipe. Frankly we didn't draft him and I lost all interest in him. I'd rather care about the players we do have.

I don't.

JMG

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
JMG wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

Look at this thread about two players, let me bring in a third player we didn't draft and look he's injured! Glad we didn't draft him.

It was most definitely a swipe. Frankly we didn't draft him and I lost all interest in him. I'd rather care about the players we do have.
He's been mentioned several times in this thread and was in the same class as Coples and Jones. I don't get why you're acting like it's a crime to say something about Irvin. And sorry to burst your bubble but you don't know what a swipe is if you think that was one..

[]_[] Family
green24

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***NOT A SWIPE***

Bruce Irvin has been suspended for 4 games for PEDs. Irvin, Ingram, Coples, and Jones were the first four pass rushers taken last year. At least for the beginning of this season, only the Jet and Patriot are left standing.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows, if the Jets drafted Ingram maybe he doesn't tear his ACL. Butterfly effect.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
***NOT A SWIPE***

Bruce Irvin has been suspended for 4 games for PEDs. Irvin, Ingram, Coples, and Jones were the first four pass rushers taken last year. At least for the beginning of this season, only the Jet and Patriot are left standing.
Laughing

[]_[] Family
jetsfan95

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
teamorange wrote:
JMG wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:
teamorange wrote:
green24 wrote:

He's been mentioned several times in this thread and was in the same class as Coples and Jones. I don't get why you're acting like it's a crime to say something about Irvin. And sorry to burst your bubble but you don't know what a swipe is if you think that was one..

If you only care about the players we have why are you on this thread? IMO Coples was the best available for us then, and still is now. I wish he still played dline, but I still think he will be a stud in this league. Stop worrying about if we had taken Jones. You can't change the past so let it go.[/b]
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty excited about Coples. Hes an athletic freak. Rex worked him out as an OLB, and Coples said he was preparing for this season as if he was going to play OLB. He lead the team in sacks (though not saying much) with limited playing time and started to really come on once the snaps started increasing.

Wilkerson went on record saying Coples is a better player than he is, and we all love what we're getting from Wilk. Coples is going to be a monster if he plays to his potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: