Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals vs. Chiefs GAME DAY THREAD!! WOOT!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Stanzi has looked very bad imo. One nice throw to Maneri and the rest has been horrendous.

blasphemy!

Laughing

Pioli is doing an internet search for your present location as we speak.

So am I...LOL

I don't get it, Stanzi made some nice decisions and passes, some that were complete some that weren't by no fault of his own. He made one or two throws that were off. He seems to easily have the best presence, mechanics, and capability of the 3 QB's. Anyone judging him against Cassel needs to remember Matt has looked much worse in preseasons AND regular seasons and that Stanzi has still NEVER ran with the #1's...reserving judgment until then should be a given for any knowledgeable fan, unless you're confident Cassel would light it up with the scrubs.

If I were judging based on never seeing anything before, Cassel and Stanzi would be neck and neck with Quinn a distant 3rd. Stanzi made like one or two more "off" throws than Cassel, but for some reason nobody is taking into account him throwing into more coverage and that his two best throws (to Maneri and the fade in the end zone which Bowe or Baldwin catch for a TD) were better than any of Matt's throws. Matt did great for what was attempted, but he has yet to throw into any coverage of note.

Who stood out:
Toribio
Hillis
DMX
DJ
Sheffield
Powe
OL
DL
Houston
Droughns
Gray
Charles has explosion
Berry loves KC
Maneri
Elam
Daboll

Who was a let down:
Quinn
Bellamy & Newsome

Bigs, Stanzi should be starting Very Happy
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that 7-9 wasn't good enough for Todd Haley to keep his job, amidst all of our injuries last year, shows us how talented our team is, and that they probably underperformed under Haley's leadership. With pretty much all of our players healthy this year, and all of our new guys we've added, we should no doubt be the heavy favorites to win the division, in my opinion. Last night's display makes me believe that we will have a top 10 offense this year to go along with our borderline top 5 defense. I can't wait for the season to start.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to watch the game again.. but a quick comment on Stanzi..

7 balls...

1st throw - really good throw - fade route - played well by DB
2nd throw - semi poor throw a little short of Newsome - touch catch dropped
The two deep throws - one just a bit underthrown - the other overthrown
Pressure scramble throw - worst decision of the night - toss that out of bounds!
Maneri throw - best throw of the night for all 3 QB's.. great ball
OConnell throw - rifled - good zip - poised in pocket to see it come open

for his time in the game he really was game managing. I wouldn't say his performance was great but to see it described as crap.. is laughable honestly. Maybe that was watched in the stat lines and not the actually game feed?

I really like how he drops back - sets - and fires without having to move forward to get velocity.. he can for the most part just gun it.. not a cannon like Cutler or others but plenty of zip.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Cassel showed why everyone is saying he's clearly the best on the roster, along with Brady and Stanzi showing that neither really has a grip on the number 2 job. I honestly was just hoping for Tanney when Stanzi was 1-6. Cassel showed good touch on all but his one incomplete pass, even leading a couple of nice over the shoulder catches.

Maneri was straight up beast mode. The second catch that he snatched was epic. I'm more than comfortable saying goodbye to J'OC itch. Dexter showed that he will be a tool to be used, loved Hillis all over the field. Keep in mind our ones against their ones (which was a pretty good D last year) seemed to have very few issues.

I won't say Stanzi or Quinn were terrible, but neither of them really showed anything. Each had a dropped pass by a WR, far too many over-throws. Quinn throwing high caused an INT (though Wylie should have had it).

Overall it's week one, but as it stands right now I'm excited. I'd take 7 sacks an INT and a Fumble Recovery each week out of our D. I think we could honestly keep all 4 RBs. And I think it's obvious, we need the show.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
The fact that 7-9 wasn't good enough for Todd Haley to keep his job, amidst all of our injuries last year, shows us how talented our team is, and that they probably underperformed under Haley's leadership. With pretty much all of our players healthy this year, and all of our new guys we've added, we should no doubt be the heavy favorites to win the division, in my opinion. Last night's display makes me believe that we will have a top 10 offense this year to go along with our borderline top 5 defense. I can't wait for the season to start.

With Peyton and Rivers in the division, there is no heavy favorite.

It's preseason. It means nothing. To make wild statements will just lead to disappointment. Remember the Rams were 4-0 in preseason a year ago and the media was talking them up as a potential NFC West winner. Yikes!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

With Peyton and Rivers in the division, there is no heavy favorite.

It's preseason. It means nothing. To make wild statements will just lead to disappointment. Remember the Rams were 4-0 in preseason a year ago and the media was talking them up as a potential NFC West winner. Yikes!

The rams were supposed to win that division at 8-8 bro. It's not like people had them pegged as a 15-1 team..and considering the amount of injuries they dealt with they would have been close to .500 if they stayed healthy.

To say the preseason means nothing is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think KC should be considered the heavy favorites. They are certainly being overlooked by ESPN though. They have been hyping the Chargers every year, and now they have become the Peyton manning network...the truth is this is a wide open division.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I had a blast yesterday. That probably goes without saying, though. It was my first time to Arrowhead since the renovations and holy crap is it nice now. Only regret I have is that we didn't make it to see the Hall of Honor. I haven't watched the game tape yet, but here are my thoughts on what I saw live:

Arrow Cassel looked great. Good touch, good presence, great leadership from the huddle and I LOVE that Daboll is trusting him with audibles at the line. He changed the play multiple times from under center and I think that's giving him a ton of confidence in the play itself, which I think is a big reason for his positive performance last night. Since he isn't having to force results out of a play he doesn't believe will work, it showed last night how much better our offense will look in those situations.
Arrow Kevin Boss had several great blocks last night. Him, Moeaki and Hillis (since all three are good-great blockers) should add a ton of versatility to our offense as a whole.
Arrow Winston is a beast. Not much else to say.
Arrow Our offensive line as a whole looked like their communication and cohesiveness is already in regular season form. When was the last time we could say that at any point in a preseason game, let alone our FIRST preseason game? Very good to see.
Arrow Asamoah REALLY impressed me. Power, agility and footwork look much improved over last year and he wasn't exactly a slouch last season. Love what I saw from him last night.
Arrow Charles' explosiveness isn't fully back yet. Looked to me like he's holding back. Not sure if that's because he's still not at 100% like he says he is or if it's because of him being over-cautious, but he's definitely not back to his 2010 form yet in terms of his overall burst.
Arrow P-Hilly, baby. Need I say more? I wanna have his babies.
Arrow Baldwin impressed me in all facets of the game. Showed good ability to block (not on Bowe's level, but who is?), beat the press a couple times, route running looks much more crisp compared to last year and I could tell he's starting to understand how to use his big frame to shield defenders now. This is promising.
Arrow Hudson didn't catch my eye while watching the game live, but every time I paid attention to him, he was doing his job. Not dominating anyone, but not allowing his man to beat him, either. Pretty much all we need from our center, but I'll know more about his performance once I watch the tape.
Arrow Lilja's run blocking seems improved over last year in this game. I remain skeptical on him, though. I'm not nearly as high on him as most people are. Wait and see approach for me.
Arrow Toribio played like a man possessed. Very impressed with him. Leverage, strength, footwork, hand placement...everything about him impressed me. I didn't think he was as explosive as he showed me last night. Still not exactly a pass rushing threat by any means, but he cleared and shored up a lane for Belcher and DJ to make a play multiple times and was in the backfield a couple times, too. Hope he can keep this up, because it'll help A TON in bringing Poe along slowly.
Arrow Pitoitua was who impressed me the most out of any player on our roster. If he can keep up this level of play, Bair and/or Powe will likely be out of a job. He didn't give up any ground in the run game from what I saw and his explosiveness off the snap combined with a great motor was better than Bailey's last night. I'll be watching him very closely from now on.
Arrow Speaking of Bailey, he disappointed me. He got pancaked and washed out in the run game repeatedly last night. He had supposedly bulked up and worked on his ability to anchor against the run this offseason, but I didn't see any improvement in that regard at all. Unless he can have a huge improvement in this area, he will be nothing more than a package player like he was last year.
Arrow Poe looked pretty much like I expected him to look. He's obviously a behemoth with TONS of potential and that showed last night, commanding double teams and even a couple triple teams. But his leverage, footwork and hand placement will not allow him to effectively 2 gap right now. That much is obvious. His ability to push the pocket is special, though. I like what I saw, but he still has a long way to go before he's gonna beat out Toribio for a starting gig. Again, pretty much as expected.
Arrow Bair had a couple nice plays and showed the ability to 2 gap and shed blocks with relative ease. His pass rush still isn't there, but his athletic ability implies he has it in him. Overall, he's inconsistent in just about every facet of his game, but he flashed a fair amount of his potential last night IMO.
Arrow Powe looked TERRIBAD last night. He had 2 nice plays (his bullrush sack and one double team he stacked up) that I saw, but I saw 4 or 5 where he got turned, twisted and/or pancaked, then got dominated. Unless he really turns his technique around, his roster spot is (and should be) in jeopardy. Poe showed better technique as a 0 and 1 technique and he's known for being extremely raw. That says it all right there.
Arrow Judging from last night alone, Routt is gonna need safety help a lot. He bit on play action a couple times and got beat on a route a couple times. He gave up the inside against Fitz (granted, it was Fitz) and had a DPI on the play as a result. Not a good first showing for him.
Arrow Belcher's discipline looks to be much improved over last year. Not sure how much of that has to do with Toribio's good performance, but I liked what I saw out of him. A lot.
Arrow DJ's a beast. Plain and simple.
Arrow So is Tamba. Obviously.
Arrow Houston's burst is special. I didn't pay very close attention to him, but the times I did, he impressed me.
Arrow Our LB depth sucks. Sheffield is a good pass rushing threat and Studebaker is a solid run and pass defender, but Siler, Greenwood and everyone behind them on the depth chart just flat out sucked last night. If DJ goes down with an injury, I'll be very worried.
Arrow Our 2nd team secondary was solid although unspectacular.
Arrow Our 3rd team secondary was terribad. Slow to react, several blown assignments, just plain bad. Thorpe looked especially horrible.
Arrow Jeff Allen impressed me. A lot. Not much else to say about him.
Arrow If it comes down to Mims or Stephenson, Mims is winning right now. He's more technically sound, but still inconsistent. Stephenson's overall athletic ability, pass protection and ability to get to the second level is very impressive. But his in-line run blocking, leverage/footwork and overall consistency is disappointing. In other words, he's as advertised. Crazy talented, but pretty raw, too. I like both of them as developmental guys, but both have contrasting strengths & weaknesses right now.
Arrow Bruggeman sucks. Now I know why Lilja was given a chance to take snaps at center. If Hudson gets injured, Allen is gonna have to step up (which I'm comfortable with) and Lilja's gonna have to slide over. We don't have a RG who can step in if Asamoah's injured unless we want to ask Allen to learn on the fly at RG, but considering Lilja's ability to play all 3 interior positions means it makes more sense to move Lilja in the event of an injury instead of asking a rookie to learn a different position. IMO, Lilja's snaps at center doesn't mean Allen is pushing him for a starting spot, but rather because our depth at center and RG is so weak.
Arrow Horne is done. Caput.
Arrow Bellamy and Newsome are both gonna have to make their living on special teams if they want a roster spot because both of them have horrible hands/focus. The dropped passes, pass in the back of the end zone that was "body-caught" instead of high pointed, poor route running and lack of separation and top end speed is probably going to spell a roster cut for both of them unless they can find a niche on special teams.
Arrow I really hope we keep all 4 RBs instead of 3 RBs & a FB. With Boss, Hillis, Moeaki, Maneri, Draughn and Gray, that's 6 roster spots (the same as 3 TEs and 3 RBs like most teams carry) and all of them are versatile enough to still allow us to run any formation we want. Draughn really impressed me not only as a runner, but more so as a special teamer. Great gunner and he almost blocked a punt early in the game. He'll serve as a good replacement for McGraw on special teams IMO.
Arrow Elam is a HUGE upgrade over McGraw at safety. I'll just leave it at that.
Arrow Menzie is raw but showed good agility and played smart from what I saw.
Arrow Same goes for Arenas. Arenas showed better recognition of the routes of receivers he faced, but aside from that, Menzie and Arenas played about equally well last night IMO.
Arrow Stanzi's ball placement and presence in the pocked impressed me at times, but was ultimately inconsistent. The forced throw when he was pressured in the red zone had me cussing him.
Arrow Quinn was throwing too high on almost all of his throws. He almost seemed nervous or pressured, which was odd considering the amount of time he had to throw. Perplexing. I'll need to see more before I know what to think of him.
Arrow Overall, I wouldn't feel comfortable if Cassel was injured at any point this season. Woah. Did I really just type that? Eek. Nonetheless, Quinn and Stanzi are both definitely sizable upgrades over Palko. That much is obvious.

...that's all I have for now. I might post more thoughts after I watch the tape. Anyone agree/disagree with my take on things?

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm on my phone I'll keep it simple for now.

1- Charles has his burst back. Didn't look like he is missing ANYTHING at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fully expect your defense to join seattle's as a top 7 unit this year and eventually going to be among the Elites. You guys look real good out there.
I don't really care what anyone says, if you guys stay healthy the west is yours. Not really understanding why your getting underrated so much

I guess what i'm saying is...Good luck in the Playoffs Cool

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:

1- Charles has his burst back. Didn't look like he is missing ANYTHING at this point.

Keep in mind that this evaluation is from watching the game live, not on tape. I might have a different opinion once I watch the tape itself.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ptbarcus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

Keep in mind that this evaluation is from watching the game live, not on tape. I might have a different opinion once I watch the tape itself.

Nice write up Ryk. Haven't got to see the game yet (not on here until 8am Monday) but now I will be on the look out for some of the stuff you have pointed out.

^All about Ryk^
kansas bob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Chief's fan but they really looked good last evening OR Arizona reall looked bad? lol
Seriously, looked like Cassel may make a QB yet, Hillis and Charles should compliment each other great and the defense is back!!! Keep up the good work!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up ryk, one question though.

Could the back up LB's look bad because the D-line didnt occupy blocks as well as the 1st team?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
Nice write up ryk, one question though.

Could the back up LB's look bad because the D-line didnt occupy blocks as well as the 1st team?

Possible, but I won't know for sure until I look at the tape. The biggest reason I ripped on them so much is because there were about 6 or 7 plays where we were in a base 3-4, the DL bottled up the play where the RB only had one gap to go through and there wasn't a LB within 7 yards to clean up the play. Hell, there were one or two plays where the Cards ran the ball right up the middle, directly at Siler and for whatever random reason, he started backpedaling like he was dropping into coverage. It was just odd. I'm thinking it was, at least to some extent, a combination of both the DL and LBs sucking in run support. All I know is neither unit impressed in run support.

bigschmadt00 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 21 of 24

Jump to: