Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Punt Returns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Punt Returns Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info on how the coaching staff plans to manage punt returns for the rest of the preseason? It seemed like they only had one guy back there for the entire first game (blanking on the RB's name haha). Do they plan to rotate, giving all of the potential guys a chance? I would like to see Asa Jackson and LaQuan Williams each get opportunities back there.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have any inside info, just my opinion. I think Jacoby will continue to field kicks in the first quarter but Rainey should get more opportunities. If he's going to make the team he'll need to show his value on special teams in addition to offense.

That said, I agree that I would like to see Asa Jackson field some punts and maybe LaQuan on some kick returns. Deonte Thompson could be a candidate for kick returns as well. Maybe they will let another guy handle most of the returns in the next game and do the rotation that way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: