You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns CB Joe Haden facing possible 4-game NFL suspension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9875
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
MaryKayCabot

#Browns Prez Holmgren revealed on @923TheFan just now that #Browns CB Joe Haden has had his appeal hearing, which means has been suspended


He's on 850 right now and said he'll probably play because its too close to the game for the NFL to likely suspend him.

Today would have to be the absolute latest that the league would notify the Browns. The Tuesday before the game is already pretty close, but anything past today would be pretty ridiculous.

If word is not given some time today, then he should be playing this Sunday.
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ReggieCamp


Joined: 06 Dec 2006
Posts: 9875
Location: Canonsburg, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a Grossi article, saying what I just said in the previous post.

Grossi and I had the same thought process. Not good for me. Or him.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=4281
_________________
Suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12830
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I just read a Grossi article, saying what I just said in the previous post.

Grossi and I had the same thought process. Not good for me. Or him.

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&post_id=4281


Hahaha reggie is tony grossi everybody point at him and laugh Laughing Laughing
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 28488
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you.

Today would even still be late in my mind.

At this point, I think he's playing, and he MAY have even won the appeal outright.

That would be so freakin huge.

Even if it's just the opener, i'd be so pumped. We need him to shut down Desean (which he can).

Now if we can just stop Shady. Crying or Very sad
_________________

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as long as he doesnt play against Cincy ill be happy! I got AJ Green in my big money fantasy football league
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 10214
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
just as long as he doesnt play against Cincy ill be happy! I got AJ Green in my big money fantasy football league


Traitor!
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownsfan214


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 1212
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
And with the first pick in the 2013 draft....


The Jacksonville Jaguars select....?


The ways the things are looking for the Browns, jaguars must have traded up to that number one spot. I'm guessing 3-13, oh well there is always next year lol!
_________________


Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bucketheadsdad


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 7585
Location: Working Overtime in the Factory of Sadness
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
just as long as he doesnt play against Cincy ill be happy! I got AJ Green in my big money fantasy football league


Traitor!




I took Richardson in the 4th round of my league (23 years for me now in this one).......Got Greg Little in the 16th round. Not sure how many times Little will be in my lineup with Megatron and Julio Jones as my starters.
_________________
'14 1st Ballot Recipient of Joe Blackburn Award... A team is built thru the draft. NASA Glenn, we have ignition in Berea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5846
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucketheadsdad wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
buno67 wrote:
just as long as he doesnt play against Cincy ill be happy! I got AJ Green in my big money fantasy football league


Traitor!




I took Richardson in the 4th round of my league (23 years for me now in this one).......Got Greg Little in the 16th round. Not sure how many times Little will be in my lineup with Megatron and Julio Jones as my starters.


how many teams? thats nuts.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 10214
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I agree with you.

Today would even still be late in my mind.

At this point, I think he's playing, and he MAY have even won the appeal outright.

That would be so freakin huge.

Even if it's just the opener, i'd be so pumped. We need him to shut down Desean (which he can).

Now if we can just stop Shady. Crying or Very sad


It really bothers me that we can't stop RBs like him. If we don't I'll be pissed.
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5846
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
I agree with you.

Today would even still be late in my mind.

At this point, I think he's playing, and he MAY have even won the appeal outright.

That would be so freakin huge.

Even if it's just the opener, i'd be so pumped. We need him to shut down Desean (which he can).

Now if we can just stop Shady. Crying or Very sad


It really bothers me that we can't stop RBs like him. If we don't I'll be pissed.


To be fair, not many teams did last year. But their OL isn't turrible, so I'd hope we'd have some success there.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5846
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot

#NFL doesn't announce suspensions 'til appeal process complete. They must still be deciding Haden's appeal. Getting late for this wk


I'd rather he play this week and miss the next 4 games if he gets suspended. Rather than miss the first 4 and be back for the NYG game.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5846
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this.

Quote:
Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ

No suspension announcement today from #NFL regarding #Browns CB Joe Haden. That seems to mean he'll likely play Sun. vs. #Eagles.

_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LegendaryBrown


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 439
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 game suspension is now official. Appeal failed.


https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/245269331301236736

Quote:
#Browns CB Joe Haden suspended without pay for 4 games for violating the #NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 15359
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

Better hope Wade, Skrine and Patterson are ready to ball out for a month or so.
_________________
First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group