You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What can I expect from Beanie Wells?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D0 TH3 D3W

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: What can I expect from Beanie Wells? Reply with quote

Took him in fantasy in the later rounds. What would you guys predict his statline to look like at the end of the season?

Also I took Ryan Williams very late as a handcuff.

RIP Joe Pa
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1100-1200 yards, 10-12 TDs

Assuming he's relatively healthy.

El ramster on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
1100-1200 yards, 10-12 TDs

Assuming he's relatively healthy.

Eh... Maybe. Based on how often our team ran the ball last season, and over the last 5 seasons with Whis here. We can expect somewhere around 380-400 carries from the team.

In what I expect to be a 60/40 or maybe 65/35 split of carries Beanie is going to see 230 to 260 carries. At 4.5 YPC that puts him in your area of production at 260 carries. I expect Beanie to retain GL carries so he should score some TD's.

However we very well may run the ball more with two capable backs and no QB stepping forward. However I would suspect much of that difference would go to Williams rather than Wells.

I expect the situation will be fluid, we will take it game by game and ride the hot hand in any given game. From what I have seen from Williams I think he may end up at the #1 back in terms of carries and yards come the end of the season, especially if Beanie's knee never cleans itself up.

Basically, any given week I would have no idea who of the two to start fantasy wise, but any given week that back that gets the 15-20 carries is going to be capable of going for 100 yards and a score.

I would say they are backs that are probably best as a 3rd or 4th option on a fantasy team, and are a must handcuff duo. We could end up with a Stewart/Williams type situation in which there are two very talented backs with the quality to be an upper echelon player both on the gridiron and in fantasy circles, but they take away from each other fantasy wise.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: