Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Read The Rules Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Ya, I don't think I would chance Victorino at this point. It was a down year for him and I believe Comerica may fit his batting style, but he was just too far off from the production I would want to move Jackson down. He COULD do it, undoubtedly, but no telling if it was just a down year or if this is the Victorino we see moving forward.

That is just it. He will come cheaper given down year. That is a ton due to the whole trade deadline crap he had to go thru.

Comerica is a perfect fit for his hitting style. He is a double and triple machine in this park with SB ability far greater then Jackson

That would be a good 1-2 in front of the Bash Brothers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Ya, I don't think I would chance Victorino at this point. It was a down year for him and I believe Comerica may fit his batting style, but he was just too far off from the production I would want to move Jackson down. He COULD do it, undoubtedly, but no telling if it was just a down year or if this is the Victorino we see moving forward.

Plus he'll get a longer contract from someone else. I wouldn't replace Jackson or Dirks with Vic in the OF, and we still have Garcia, Nick C, and Berry as well. I just don't see the need for an OF at all. In fact, the only bat I could see us replacing would be Peralta... but with whom?

I'd also like to bring Laird back. This was obviously a great year for him offensively, and I certainly don't expect him to replicate it... but he's a STELLAR defender, and he's well worth his contract and playing time.

We have Verlander, Scherzer, Fister and Smyly right now in the rotation for 2013. Bring back Sanchez, and we don't have any kind of need there. We do, however, have a ridiculously gaping hole in relief. We need a TON of quality RPs.

S. Drew is about the best SS on market. Scutaro is the other. Weak market this year which is why I see Peralta back

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I should have clarified and said that Hamilton won't be traded for anything that the Tigers can afford to give up. There is no one in the farm system and Jackson/Cabrera/Fielder/Verlander aren't going anywhere.

I think Castellanos alone might be enough right now. And I think I would do it as well. While Cast might be a better overall player, he doesn't fit this team's needs nearly as well IMO.
Maybe Crosby and a couple other guys. There are always ways to come up with value in baseball, but I think right now Hamilton's cost would be sky high and with very few exceptions DD does not seem to like to give up alot for players.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:

That is just it. He will come cheaper given down year. That is a ton due to the whole trade deadline crap he had to go thru.

Comerica is a perfect fit for his hitting style. He is a double and triple machine in this park with SB ability far greater then Jackson

That would be a good 1-2 in front of the Bash Brothers

Ya, I agree on the upside. I just don't think I would chance it.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
I should have clarified and said that Hamilton won't be traded for anything that the Tigers can afford to give up. There is no one in the farm system and Jackson/Cabrera/Fielder/Verlander aren't going anywhere.

I think Castellanos alone might be enough right now. And I think I would do it as well. While Cast might be a better overall player, he doesn't fit this team's needs nearly as well IMO.
Maybe Crosby and a couple other guys. There are always ways to come up with value in baseball, but I think right now Hamilton's cost would be sky high and with very few exceptions DD does not seem to like to give up alot for players.

We have that traceable first round comp pick too that we got in the Infante Sanchez deal. Plus, we have Porcello, who may not be worth a ton, but is valuable enough to be a piece in a trade.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 102, 103, 104
Page 104 of 104

Jump to: