Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Anything (Non-Lions) Thread: Read The Rules Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 102, 103, 104  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
So I'm buying a car . . . not sure whether to go with a used one or a new one. I've had the same one for 7 years, and I bought it used for $7,500. I keep looking at newer ones, but I haven't had to make a car payment since I was 18 years old back when my income was 100% disposable. Taking on another monthly payment is not going to be a fun thing, but I'd also rather not get some beater that I'm just going to have to replace in two years anyway.

Anyone have suggestions for fairly cheap new cars? I can't drive a stick and I'd rather get a sedan as opposed to a coupe or hatchback, but I guess if the price is right I can't be that picky.
IMO, the nicest used car you'll be able to find in abundance will be the Ford Fusion. But you'll look like the rest of the lemmings Twisted Evil

Yeah I keep seeing a lot of Fusions, Cobalts, and G6s. I wish they hadn't phased out Pontiacs. I would have loved a Grand Am or a G6, but for the most part they're too old now.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your a pretty small guy. Id go with the Chevy Cruze.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
So I'm buying a car . . . not sure whether to go with a used one or a new one. I've had the same one for 7 years, and I bought it used for $7,500. I keep looking at newer ones, but I haven't had to make a car payment since I was 18 years old back when my income was 100% disposable. Taking on another monthly payment is not going to be a fun thing, but I'd also rather not get some beater that I'm just going to have to replace in two years anyway.

Anyone have suggestions for fairly cheap new cars? I can't drive a stick and I'd rather get a sedan as opposed to a coupe or hatchback, but I guess if the price is right I can't be that picky.
IMO, the nicest used car you'll be able to find in abundance will be the Ford Fusion. But you'll look like the rest of the lemmings Twisted Evil

Yeah I keep seeing a lot of Fusions, Cobalts, and G6s. I wish they hadn't phased out Pontiacs. I would have loved a Grand Am or a G6, but for the most part they're too old now.

Ford Fusion is a pretty solid car. My cousin has one up at State that she loves. The new dodge journey looks alot like the Fusion too though I've never seen inside it or anything. I've driven the fusion and it's nice because you don't really feel like your in a dodge neon or something but still in small economical car, if that fits your need.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:

My daughter bought a cruze six months ago. It's a good solid car nicely equipped at a reasonable price.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Nah, he should get a smart car... they're roomy.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

My daughter bought a cruze six months ago. It's a good solid car nicely equipped at a reasonable price.

Yup. Easy and cheap to fix, as well.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Those things are junk. I have a cousin with one and it barely gets better gas mileage than my dad's old Bonneville and was WAYYYYYYYY more expensive.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta like the opening match up for the Tigers. Oakland is a much better draw than having to player the Rangers right out of the gate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Gotta like the opening match up for the Tigers. Oakland is a much better draw than having to player the Rangers right out of the gate.

Yeah no question. It's going to be close though. Oakland can pitch as well as us maybe better. We have a little better hitting though. I think we have the edge though cause we have the superstar edge. The tiebreaker always goes to the superstars.

I think this is going 5 and going to be very close all throughout. Oakland is very underrated.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

Those things are junk. I have a cousin with one and it barely gets better gas mileage than my dad's old Bonneville and was WAYYYYYYYY more expensive.

They're 20,000 dollar cars brand new and can get as much as 40mpg. I think you are getting your cars mixed up.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

They're 20,000 dollar cars brand new and can get as much as 40mpg. I think you are getting your cars mixed up.

25k and it actually gets 35mpg.

My dad's 2000 Bonneville was 2k and gets 33mpg. And I bet you can't guess which one would win in a crash.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I strongly disagree. They get far better mileage than old bonneville. Of course they're more expensive, it's 2012.

The Cruze gets approximately 20% better mileage and starts at $17.000.00 for a nicely equipped model as opposed to a 2005 Bonneville that will sell for 7500-11000 and is entering its expensive repair years.

The Cruze also has a meta rate of 8.5 out of 10 which is excellent for an entry level car.

If Ryan is looking at financing it makes the Cruze even better with zero percent financing available. That effectively reduces the car price by $2500.00 which makes it even more attractive.

The Cruze compares very favourably with other cars in its class although if I were looking in this category I would probably choose the Hyundai Elantra.

I know you like to be a backyard mechanic but any of the used cars out there that are seven years old are a potential headache and the only used high mileage cars I would every suggest someone consider is a Diesel Jetta, Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla.

The Jetta and Civic are Bullitt proof.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

I strongly disagree. They get far better mileage than old bonneville. Of course they're more expensive, it's 2012.

The Cruze gets approximately 20% better mileage and starts at $17.000.00 for a nicely equipped model as opposed to a 2005 Bonneville that will sell for 7500-11000 and is entering its expensive repair years.

The Cruze also has a meta rate of 8.5 out of 10 which is excellent for an entry level car.

If Ryan is looking at financing it makes the Cruze even better with zero percent financing available. That effectively reduces the car price by $2500.00 which makes it even more attractive.

The Cruze compares very favourably with other cars in its class although if I were looking in this category I would probably choose the Hyundai Elantra.

I know you like to be a backyard mechanic but any of the used cars out there that are seven years old are a potential headache and the only used high mileage cars I would every suggest someone consider is a Diesel Jetta, Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla.

My fault, he was right, I quoted wrong one Laughing

I meant SMART cars. Those things are trash.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

25k and it actually gets 35mpg.

My dad's 2000 Bonneville was 2k and gets 33mpg. And I bet you can't guess which one would win in a crash.

They start at 17k and have zero percent financing so that's effectively like 15k.

The Eco version gets 40mpg+

The 2000 Bonny was rated 28-30 mpg. Of course a 12 year old car is worth less but a 12 year old car is a myriad of problems waiting to happen.

As for safety even when tested with cars in its weight class the old Bonny wasn't stellar. There have been so many safety advances its not really a fair comparison. The Bonny is off a 1999 safety design while the Cruze receives top shelf safety ratings and features stability control, more air bags than I ever imagined. It's not amongst the safest cars in the U.S. but world wide.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/review/1077084_2013-chevrolet-cruze_safety_5

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:

My fault, he was right, I quoted wrong one Laughing

I meant SMART cars. Those things are trash.

Fair enough. You can disregard my next post. Laughing

I looked at the SMART car when they came to Canada. I frankly don't know why people buy them.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 92 of 104

Jump to: