Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 1 GDT Broncos @ Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Ok, just got through reading all 18 pages of posts and I think I need a nap. Laughing There is no doubt in my mind that Tice seriously needs to put CW back at LT and try him out REALISTICALLY. The one thing I can be pleased with with all of the bad play at LT is that hopefully unrealistic people here might finally look at Webb objectively and ask the question who is better at LT, regardless of where he got drafted or who is Mike Tice's mancrush, etc. I couldn't care less, I just want the best guy there...even if both are lackluster. I also have to agree with you Superman, even if CW isn't at LT, he should be at LG. It is a joke to say Edwin Williams is better than him at LG. I LOVE that many of the starters didn't play, and couldn't care less that we didn't put up points or shut them down on D. I want to see back ups play, and I want to show nothing as far as what we've actually got. Great job by Lovie and Co.
CW is not durable enough to put at LT although I liked his play when there a couple of yrs ago. We need a LT who is going to be there when the whistle blows. Webb did not look any worse than the rest of the team particularly the rest of the OLine.

Lovie can definitely field a team that looks like crap if you believe that to be a virtue.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I remember a couple of years ago someone tried telling me that they should trade Chester Taylor for a 2nd round pick. I tried telling him how valuable 2nd round picks are in the NFL and how little value a 30 yo backup RB has. He didn't buy it....

I had somebody a few years ago (2007) tell me the Bears should trade Rashied Davis, Nathan Vasher, Cedric Benson, and a 7th Round Pick to Arizona for Anquan Boldin, and that Arizona wouldn't be able to resist because of their need at RB.

Should we have offered just the 7th then?

And it seems like Shea is fast like Mark Anderson was. The problem with anderson, though, is he was weaker than the qb and couldnt ever bring him down.
Anderson had the largest number of sacks that any Bear had since Richard Dent. Last year he also had a big sack total, enough to get a Big contract.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Is it out of the question that Chris Williams just isn't that good?
Its out of the question that anyone can know that w/o him getting a legit chance to compete.

Mike Tice is an expert and is one of the most respected OL coaches in football.

That is why he does not need to give Chris Williams more oppurtunity.

That is also why Lovie will not dictate anything to him.

Webb stinks and Tice will not replace him with Williams, which tells you everythig you need to know.
What does that tell you?
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Ok, just got through reading all 18 pages of posts and I think I need a nap. Laughing There is no doubt in my mind that Tice seriously needs to put CW back at LT and try him out REALISTICALLY. The one thing I can be pleased with with all of the bad play at LT is that hopefully unrealistic people here might finally look at Webb objectively and ask the question who is better at LT, regardless of where he got drafted or who is Mike Tice's mancrush, etc. I couldn't care less, I just want the best guy there...even if both are lackluster. I also have to agree with you Superman, even if CW isn't at LT, he should be at LG. It is a joke to say Edwin Williams is better than him at LG. I LOVE that many of the starters didn't play, and couldn't care less that we didn't put up points or shut them down on D. I want to see back ups play, and I want to show nothing as far as what we've actually got. Great job by Lovie and Co.
CW is not durable enough to put at LT although I liked his play when there a couple of yrs ago. We need a LT who is going to be there when the whistle blows. Webb did not look any worse than the rest of the team particularly the rest of the OLine.

Lovie can definitely field a team that looks like crap if you believe that to be a virtue.
Just because Webb didn't look worse than other Olinemen, isn't any sort of reason why he shouldn't ride pine.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

Just because Webb didn't look worse than other Olinemen, isn't any sort of reason why he shouldn't ride pine.
No, it is not but it is almost no reason he should. While I think Williams would do well, I don't think he could last at least he has not so far.

We have to have linemen who are durable.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb definitely looked the worst of all our O linemen. Maybe because he gave us the biggest sample size but he's not good.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

No, it is not but it is almost no reason he should. While I think Williams would do well, I don't think he could last at least he has not so far.

It doesn't make sense to not put Williams at LT just because we THINK he won't last the season due to injury. If a guy is better than another guy you play him. You can't guess a dude will get injured. I will just be glad to see Williams play LT against Washington. If he's no good, he's no good, but if he's better, give the guy a chance to develop. Not that one game should necessarily be the end all of the argument.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

It doesn't make sense to not put Williams at LT just because we THINK he won't last the season due to injury. If a guy is better than another guy you play him. You can't guess a dude will get injured. I will just be glad to see Williams play LT against Washington. If he's no good, he's no good, but if he's better, give the guy a chance to develop. Not that one game should necessarily be the end all of the argument.
Well, I have to agree since I never said they SHOULDN'T put Williams at LT because he has not been durable so far. I was merely pointing out a factor which may be involved in the (inscrutable to many here) decision to stick with Webb.

Williams, in my opinion, can capably play LT and has shown that in his earlier stint there. However, I also believe that Webb has shown that he can as well and don't believe CW will beat him out.

Having each of them play long stretches is a good idea, however. I would not be surprised to see CW play three quarters in this one, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: