Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Expectations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Expectations Reply with quote

Let's talk production. We'll eventually get into the schedule and team record, but with our first pre-season game only a few days away, gimmie yalls projections for your favorite Lions players.

Stafford
4,600 yards
65% completion percentage
8.9 avg
39 TD's and 13 INT's

Calvin
1,450 yards
16 TD's
over 17 ypr

Titus
1,000 yards
8 TD's

Suh
10 sacks
60 tackles
4 FF's

Avril
12 sacks
5 FF's

Running Game:Running back by committee- 2,000 yards rushing and 900 yards receiving. 13 rushing TD's

Secondary: 25th ranked unit in the NFL. Injuries occur to multiple starters, and QB's up and down our schedule pass for a ton of yards.

Defensive Line: Suh and Avril attain double digit sacks, no other Lions accomplish this feat. Team finishes with 52 total sacks.

OROY: Mikel Leshoure- eligible from not playing a snap in 2011. Attains over 700 yards rushing, and 6 TD's on the ground. 9 Total TD's

DROY:Bill Bently- becomes steal of the draft.

Last edited by stylish313 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expectations or predictions? Because the 2 are pretty far apart for me.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow 65% for stafford huh. guess hes come along way for you. and not to change your topic up but arent you one of them that want to pay avril?? and your ok with that money only equaling 12 sacks...seems low to me. i got a feeling fairley might get close to 10 if used right. willie has a shot to if he sees the snaps. i think injuries bite again as they always do so hard to perdict the D. but with what stafford and all his weapons i say he gets 5000 again if he stays healthy.running game will pretty much be the same...unles leshoure can run over our guys too..i just expect bigger numbers on offence since that has been were most of the focus is put.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
wow 65% for stafford huh. guess hes come along way for you. and not to change your topic up but arent you one of them that want to pay avril?? and your ok with that money only equaling 12 sacks...seems low to me. i got a feeling fairley might get close to 10 if used right. willie has a shot to if he sees the snaps. i think injuries bite again as they always do so hard to perdict the D. but with what stafford and all his weapons i say he gets 5000 again if he stays healthy.running game will pretty much be the same...unles leshoure can run over our guys too..i just expect bigger numbers on offence since that has been were most of the focus is put.
This was your expectations thread, remember that???
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=455961

As far as Avril is concerened, he's gonna definitely be splitting more time with Young. 12 sacks would be great from him in that situation, and yes, I'd be fine paying our only perinneal double-digit sack defensive end- and top play-maker.
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
Expectations or predictions? Because the 2 are pretty far apart for me.
Semantics again Laughing

I think I was shooting for something in-between, if at all possible.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

As far as Avril is concerened, he's gonna definitely be splitting more time with Young. 12 sacks would be great from him in that situation, and yes, I'd be fine paying our only perinneal double-digit sack defensive end- and top play-maker.
i remember. is ther a reason why your showing me tho? if you say so about avril..no way im paying him that, he better never sit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

i remember. is ther a reason why your showing me tho? if you say so about avril..no way im paying him that, he better never sit.
Well you said I've come a long way on Stafford, as if I weren't there already now for awhile. I even did whatever it took to get him FFLFKL before last year's season. I know I was originally hard on him, but let's not act suprised as if I just changed my mind- it's been awhile now.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

Well you said I've come a long way on Stafford, as if I weren't there already now for awhile. I even did whatever it took to get him FFLFKL before last year's season. I know I was originally hard on him, but let's not act suprised as if I just changed my mind- it's been awhile now.

The hate is just.....amazing. Absolutely no logic to it. Ready to derail another thread over it. AS IF there is ANY DE that doesn't ever sit Rolling Eyes
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited in 13 INT's for Stafford. He threw 9 of his 16 INT's the following 3 weeks after he broke his hand against Denver. He appeared to be headed for a single-digit INT season up until that point. I wouldn't be surprised if I predicted too many.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
I edited in 13 INT's for Stafford. He threw 9 of his 16 INT's the following 3 weeks after he broke his hand against Denver. He appeared to be headed for a single-digit INT season up until that point. I wouldn't be surprised if I predicted too many.
i was thinking you were one of the people that were saying his accuracy was a problem. he'll be lucky to pass for 50%. only reason i said anything about the 65%

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

The hate is just.....amazing. Absolutely no logic to it. Ready to derail another thread over it. AS IF there is ANY DE that doesn't ever sit Rolling Eyes
your right.. I HATE OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS! i could start but im not gonna mess up dudes thread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
i was thinking you were one of the people that were saying his accuracy was a problem. he'll be lucky to pass for 50%. only reason i said anything about the 65%
Accuracy is his biggest weakness, but nobody's perfect. He proved he could run our offense with tremendous efficiency, even if he would fly a pass here or there; or throw a few into the dirt.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

His career numbers...
2009: 53.3 %
2010: 59.4 %
2011: 63.5 %

With an offseason to work with all of his weapons, and the addition of Broyles and Leshoure coming off injury Stylish should have no problem with his prediction being met if Stafford continues to progress like he should. His prediction seems to be pretty safe to me. Especially if they can establish any sort of a running game this year.
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

His career numbers...

With an offseason to work with all of his weapons, and the addition of Broyles and Leshoure coming off injury Stylish should have no problem with his prediction being met if Stafford continues to progress like he should. His prediction seems to be pretty safe to me. Especially if they can establish any sort of a running game this year.
i have no problem with the perdiction. it almost better be with the weapons hes got and now the chemistry.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

His career numbers...

Man o man if he stayed healthy in 2010 prob throws 35 tds 4000 yards. Just an incredible talent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: