Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New Footballs Future Dynasty League Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I kind of what to trade back a few spots. Let me know if you have interest in moving up here.

Also, we should have more discussion in here. The more talking we do the more frequently will check here/make picks.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
So am I OTC then?

Does Sandy forfeit both picks? He is up back to back.

Catsup, are you picking for him?

Whats going on.

What the hell? I've been on the clock for like 5 hours. Sorry that I went to sleep...

edit: cuz we do have a dead period from like 11pm til 7am, right?

Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if anyone is interested, I'll be fielding offers for both of these picks as a package. Looking for help at RB and TE especially. Interested in either the rights to previously drafted players or young pros on your roster.

I'll leave this open for a couple of hours before making my picks.

DannyB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
So am I OTC then?

Whats going on.

The dead time goes until 9 a.m. I believe, so he has 12 hours starting at 9 a.m. (Central time, I think?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
BrettFavre004 wrote:
So am I OTC then?

Whats going on.

What the hell? I've been on the clock for like 5 hours. Sorry that I went to sleep...

edit: cuz we do have a dead period from like 11pm til 7am, right?
Dead period is from 11pm CT to 9 am CT.

Kempes on the custom sig!
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are all dead periods.

Sorry, got a PM from deadeye, for some reason, saying I was OTC and was assuming whomever must have been OTC for a while.

I shouldn't have gotten a PM telling me I was OTC.

Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want discussion BF004? How about u give me RGIII? That's the discussion I want to have...

Deadeye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
You guys are all dead periods.

Sorry, got a PM from deadeye, for some reason, saying I was OTC and was assuming whomever must have been OTC for a while.

I shouldn't have gotten a PM telling me I was OTC.

Sorry dude, I just looked at the top post on the draft thread to see who was next. I didn't realize it was out of sync.
BrettFavre004

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
You want discussion BF004? How about u give me RGIII? That's the discussion I want to have...

By far BPA at my pick so had to go with him, not actually the biggest RGIII fan. Would definitely be willing to trade him.

By my count, I should have 5 starting QB's (Rivers, Cassell, Dalton, RGIII, Weeden), all about 30ish or younger on my team, so I could part with him and not shed a tear.

DannyB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

By far BPA at my pick so had to go with him, not actually the biggest RGIII fan. Would definitely be willing to trade him.

By my count, I should have 5 starting QB's (Rivers, Cassell, Dalton, RGIII, Weeden), all about 30ish or younger on my team, so I could part with him and not shed a tear.

Oooooh. Give me RG3. I'll give you Ben Obomanu.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
Also, we should have more discussion in here. The more talking we do the more frequently will check here/make picks.

Alright. What are peoples' opinions of the draft so far? Personally, I'm happy with the guys I've ended up with, given where I'm picking. I knew I wouldn't have a shot at Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Martin, or Blackmon. After that, I was targeting Floyd, Wright, Jeffery, or Fleener, but also was toying with the idea of taking Tannehill if he was still there.

Once it was my pick, it was a really tough choice. I knew I wanted one WR, but then wasn't sure if I wanted to double on on WRs, or take Fleener. OR, since I second guess, third guess, etc. myself over and over before making a decision, I thought about taking Pead, since I could use RB help. Went with Fleener, since I see him as a guy who can make an impact from the start, and really improve as a player as Luck improves (bonus for their previous comfort level together). Not to mention TE was a greater area of need.

As for my third pick, I was hoping Jeffery or Pead would fall, but knew they wouldn't. Hill was the last guy on my list of who I was targeting, but I had enough on the list that I knew I'd get at least one. There's definitely a lot to doubt about Hill, given the Jets's bottom-barrel offensive situation (ugh), but you can't deny the guy has ridiculous potential. Not to mention, since there isn't a plethora of talented pass-catching talent, Hill could develop into a huge part of that offense.

As for other drafts I particularly like or don't like?

Of course Sandybaby had an easy choice at the top of the draft, but I also like the pick of Gordon when the draft finally got back around to him. There are definitely question marks there, but it's also a ton of potential to find at that point in the draft.

I bet Mendeleev was more than happy about Richardson surprisingly falling into his lap, and I like the Jeffery pick in the 2nd.

I question DolphWins's selection of David Wilson in the 1st, and Chris Rainey in the 3rd, given the talent available at those selections, but I don't mind Hillman in the 2nd.

Those are just some thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u RS! Would have thought long and hard about taking Toon at my pick. Took him in my other dynasty league so really didn't want to double up on him but love his situation in NO. Glad RS took the decision out of my hands.

Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willing to give up my 5th round pick to trade up from 4.3. So Zing or DannyB, let me know...

Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion on the draft thus far (to answer DannyB's question).

For my own, I felt the first pick was obvious. Pretty much every player I wanted at 20 and 21 was gone, such as Miller, Jeffrey, Hill going the three spots before. Gordon was the first guy on the next tier for me, and since my team likely won't be a huge championship contender this season, I'm happy to wait for him to develop. Tamme and Sanu were my guys for the other pick. Ultimately, I feel like Tamme will be good for those two or three seasons with Peyton, and my TE position was in dire need for a guy to start.

Don't wait to be too critical or praisey of anyone's draft, but I am impressed that my top 13 ranked players were all taken by my second pick. Out of 18 picks that isn't bad. I think Deadeye may have had the pick of the draft so far in Lamar Miller in round two. He was the one I wanted to fall to me the most.

Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very happy to have the top WR fall into my lap at pick 8 in Justin Blackmon. Loved getting him. Just strengthened my WR corp that is already pretty stacked with Megatron and Mike Wallace as my top 2.

Mohamed Sanu pick was a pretty easy one as well for me. Felt there were a handful of players that went before him that I wouldn't have chosen. Like the Sanu pick very much. He has a wide open door to playing time next to a guy that will make his life a ton easier in AJ Green.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: