Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New Footballs Future Dynasty League Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5990
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
We also need to discuss in some way how to make sure people don't throw away games this year.
I hope your not talking about me, I genuinely sucked last season.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5990
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took Doug Martin, 1.04 is OTC.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandybaby716


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3645
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm offering a 2 for 1 special. Make any trade of a draft pick or player(s) for Michael Turner, get Donald Driver free! Offer restricted to qualifying offers. May not use with another coupon in the same visit. Order within the hour to receive a Ryan Grant free of charge.
_________________
wgbeethree wrote:
In all fairness it is kind of rude to just lay injured at their feet while the Lions defensive players are trying to hold a completely unrelated dance party.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mendeleev


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 3024
Location: Ontario
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
We also need to discuss in some way how to make sure people don't throw away games this year.
I hope your not talking about me, I genuinely sucked last season.
We're referring to our fine Crocs™ wearing friend. Wink
_________________
Uncle Buck wrote:
Viking fans are VERY happy to see the end of the very successful Favre era, and we gleefully usher in the Rodgers era.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DannyB


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 11224
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
We also need to discuss in some way how to make sure people don't throw away games this year.
I hope your not talking about me, I genuinely sucked last season.
We're referring to our fine Crocs™ wearing friend. Wink


Yeah, we absolutely need to put something concrete in place. I would've hoped the honor system would've been enough, but obviously it wasn't.

We'll need to figure out exactly how to judge whether purposely taking a dive is happening (league vote, etc.), but if we conclude that it is, I don't care how harsh the punishment is. The problem we have to address, however, is, if the punishment involves draft picks, what happens to those picks if they were traded to another owner.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5990
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in Randall Cobb, let me know. I'm obviously interested in a draft pick.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandybaby716


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 3645
Location: Rhode Island
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
We also need to discuss in some way how to make sure people don't throw away games this year.
I hope your not talking about me, I genuinely sucked last season.
We're referring to our fine Crocs™ wearing friend. Wink


Yeah, we absolutely need to put something concrete in place. I would've hoped the honor system would've been enough, but obviously it wasn't.

We'll need to figure out exactly how to judge whether purposely taking a dive is happening (league vote, etc.), but if we conclude that it is, I don't care how harsh the punishment is. The problem we have to address, however, is, if the punishment involves draft picks, what happens to those picks if they were traded to another owner.


In my other dynasty league, we boot anyone who either 1. stops checking during the season and setting lineups or 2. tries to tank by setting a crappy to get a good pick. Works very well. After laying these ground rules down there hasn't been an issue (there had been before).
_________________
wgbeethree wrote:
In all fairness it is kind of rude to just lay injured at their feet while the Lions defensive players are trying to hold a completely unrelated dance party.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13942
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we never even talked about it so there was absolutely no guidelines for it. It's been brought to everyones attention this off season so everyone knows it's not ok to be doing that. If it's brought to my attention during the season that someone is tanking there season for a better pick, then i will take care of it then in a way that i see fit. Most likely, if you pull that crap, you will be out. Especially since its such a topic of discussion this off season.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DannyB


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 11224
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Last year we never even talked about it so there was absolutely no guidelines for it. It's been brought to everyones attention this off season so everyone knows it's not ok to be doing that. If it's brought to my attention during the season that someone is tanking there season for a better pick, then i will take care of it then in a way that i see fit. Most likely, if you pull that crap, you will be out. Especially since its such a topic of discussion this off season.


I still maintain that purposely dropping game is just against the obvious unwritten rules of fantasy. But whatever. While we're at it, do we really need to point out that collusion is also against the rules? Let's just get it out there. Collusion should also be a ban-able offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DannyB


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 11224
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in looking over my roster, I have a plethora of lower tier receivers. If anybody is looking to bolster their WR depth, please let me know. I'm interested in draft picks, running backs, tight ends, and maybe a quarterback. Some of the names available...

Mike Williams
Michael Crabtree
Denarius Moore
Doug Baldwin
Ben Obomanu
Jerome Simpson
Danny Amendola
David Gettis
Devery Henderson

These guys deserve spots on rosters, I just don't need all of them.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13942
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Last year we never even talked about it so there was absolutely no guidelines for it. It's been brought to everyones attention this off season so everyone knows it's not ok to be doing that. If it's brought to my attention during the season that someone is tanking there season for a better pick, then i will take care of it then in a way that i see fit. Most likely, if you pull that crap, you will be out. Especially since its such a topic of discussion this off season.


I still maintain that purposely dropping game is just against the obvious unwritten rules of fantasy. But whatever. While we're at it, do we really need to point out that collusion is also against the rules? Let's just get it out there. Collusion should also be a ban-able offense.
Collusion is totally unacceptable and if there is even a hint of it, will be dealt with swiftly.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RashaanSalaami


Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 29866
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we doing a 4 man practice squad like we had done in years past (previous league)? Think that would be pretty cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
DannyB


Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Posts: 11224
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Are we doing a 4 man practice squad like we had done in years past (previous league)? Think that would be pretty cool.


Hope so!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13942
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Are we doing a 4 man practice squad like we had done in years past (previous league)? Think that would be pretty cool.
No PS this year. I have an idea rolling around my head to try and make the league more independent from footballs future and much easier to keep track of stuff like a PS. Won't happen in time for the start of the season but long term, it should be pretty awesome
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DolphWins


Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 1534
Location: Nashville
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can finally post again, only took 5 days.
_________________


Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group