Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New Footballs Future Dynasty League Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadeye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
We also need to discuss in some way how to make sure people don't throw away games this year.
I hope your not talking about me, I genuinely sucked last season.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took Doug Martin, 1.04 is OTC.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm offering a 2 for 1 special. Make any trade of a draft pick or player(s) for Michael Turner, get Donald Driver free! Offer restricted to qualifying offers. May not use with another coupon in the same visit. Order within the hour to receive a Ryan Grant free of charge.

Mendeleev

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
We also need to discuss in some way how to make sure people don't throw away games this year.
We're referring to our fine Crocs™ wearing friend. Wink
DannyB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:

Yeah, we absolutely need to put something concrete in place. I would've hoped the honor system would've been enough, but obviously it wasn't.

We'll need to figure out exactly how to judge whether purposely taking a dive is happening (league vote, etc.), but if we conclude that it is, I don't care how harsh the punishment is. The problem we have to address, however, is, if the punishment involves draft picks, what happens to those picks if they were traded to another owner.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in Randall Cobb, let me know. I'm obviously interested in a draft pick.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Mendeleev wrote:

Yeah, we absolutely need to put something concrete in place. I would've hoped the honor system would've been enough, but obviously it wasn't.

We'll need to figure out exactly how to judge whether purposely taking a dive is happening (league vote, etc.), but if we conclude that it is, I don't care how harsh the punishment is. The problem we have to address, however, is, if the punishment involves draft picks, what happens to those picks if they were traded to another owner.

In my other dynasty league, we boot anyone who either 1. stops checking during the season and setting lineups or 2. tries to tank by setting a crappy to get a good pick. Works very well. After laying these ground rules down there hasn't been an issue (there had been before).

Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year we never even talked about it so there was absolutely no guidelines for it. It's been brought to everyones attention this off season so everyone knows it's not ok to be doing that. If it's brought to my attention during the season that someone is tanking there season for a better pick, then i will take care of it then in a way that i see fit. Most likely, if you pull that crap, you will be out. Especially since its such a topic of discussion this off season.

Kempes on the custom sig!
DannyB

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Last year we never even talked about it so there was absolutely no guidelines for it. It's been brought to everyones attention this off season so everyone knows it's not ok to be doing that. If it's brought to my attention during the season that someone is tanking there season for a better pick, then i will take care of it then in a way that i see fit. Most likely, if you pull that crap, you will be out. Especially since its such a topic of discussion this off season.

I still maintain that purposely dropping game is just against the obvious unwritten rules of fantasy. But whatever. While we're at it, do we really need to point out that collusion is also against the rules? Let's just get it out there. Collusion should also be a ban-able offense.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in looking over my roster, I have a plethora of lower tier receivers. If anybody is looking to bolster their WR depth, please let me know. I'm interested in draft picks, running backs, tight ends, and maybe a quarterback. Some of the names available...

Mike Williams
Michael Crabtree
Denarius Moore
Doug Baldwin
Ben Obomanu
Jerome Simpson
Danny Amendola
David Gettis
Devery Henderson

These guys deserve spots on rosters, I just don't need all of them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

I still maintain that purposely dropping game is just against the obvious unwritten rules of fantasy. But whatever. While we're at it, do we really need to point out that collusion is also against the rules? Let's just get it out there. Collusion should also be a ban-able offense.
Collusion is totally unacceptable and if there is even a hint of it, will be dealt with swiftly.

RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we doing a 4 man practice squad like we had done in years past (previous league)? Think that would be pretty cool.
DannyB

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
Are we doing a 4 man practice squad like we had done in years past (previous league)? Think that would be pretty cool.

Hope so!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
No PS this year. I have an idea rolling around my head to try and make the league more independent from footballs future and much easier to keep track of stuff like a PS. Won't happen in time for the start of the season but long term, it should be pretty awesome

DolphWins

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can finally post again, only took 5 days.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: