You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaws' QB Rankings
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Jaws' QB Rankings Reply with quote

If you haven't already seen it on espn, Ron Jaworski is ranking his top 30 quarterbacks in the NFL. Overall I think the list is pretty solid. Flacco comes in at 9.

You can see the list so far here.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/40525/jaws-qb-countdown-tony-romo-is-no-10

Jamison Hensley here.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/50384/jaws-qb-countdown-flacco-at-no-9

I think Jaws is dead on with his breakdown of Flacco. I love his analysis all together and think he's extremely fair and honest. The piece they showed couldn't have been any better too.

Your thoughts?
janky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahead of Matty Ice, Schaub and Romo I might add.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to say WTG Jaws. Then I saw Tebow at 30. Even below Gabbert.

Other than that it looks pretty solid. I think he is dead on with Stafford at 14. I'd have Schaub a few spots higher. Glad Flacco beats Matt Ryan. I don't know why that's even a debate anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I was about to say WTG Jaws. Then I saw Tebow at 30. Even below Gabbert.

Other than that it looks pretty solid. I think he is dead on with Stafford at 14. I'd have Schaub a few spots higher.
Quote:
Glad Flacco beats Matt Ryan. I don't know why that's even a debate anymore

It is starting to lose it's luster considering the fact that Ryan didn't make NFL Network's top 100 players list. The fact that Jaws worked with NFL Films guru Greg Cosell to compile this list based on what the saw on tape makes the list more credible. Flacco to Torrey Smith is going to be deadly this year, Go Ravens Very Happy Very Happy
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued that he has cutler ahead of Flacco. Though I partially agree that if he gets out of his own way Cutler could be a great QB, but his mental toughness leaves something to be desired for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that he has Flacco above all 3 Matts. I'd put Romo ahead of Flacco for now, but other than that I like it.

[quote="NextBigThing"] I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.[/quote]
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws loves Joe
Rebllious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good list but Vick is too low imo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
I like that he has Flacco above all 3 Matts. I'd put Romo ahead of Flacco for now, but other than that I like it.

How? Tony Romo is a fraud. Every time he throws the ball he betrays his team. Laughing

ED Reed wrote:
Don't throw it. Don't throw it. I'm enticing them right now, they gonna throw it anyway
Laughing
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebllious wrote:

Maybe 1 spot, but Vick is not a top 10 QB.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Rebllious wrote:

Maybe 1 spot, but Vick is not a top 10 QB.

Seriously. The guy's had one season where he was an above-average passer.

mike23md
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are his overall rankings:

No. 30 Tim Tebow
No. 29 Blaine Gabbert
No. 28 Christian Ponder
No. 27 Matt Flynn
No. 26 Matt Moore
No. 25 Kevin Kolb
No. 24 Ryan Fitzpatrick
No. 23 Mark Sanchez
No. 22 Matt Cassel
No. 21 Carson Palmer
No. 20 Sam Bradford
No. 19 Andy Dalton
No. 18 Matt Hasselbeck
No. 17 Josh Freeman
No. 16 Alex Smith
No. 15 Cam Newton
No. 14 Matthew Stafford
No. 13 Matt Schaub
No. 12 Michael Vick
No. 11 Matt Ryan
No. 10 Tony Romo
No. 9 Joe Flacco
No. 8 Jay Cutler
No. 7 Philip Rivers
No. 6 Ben Roethlisberger
No. 5 Eli Manning
No. 4 Peyton Manning
No. 3 Tom Brady
No. 2 Drew Brees
No. 1 Aaron Rodgers

I think this is a pretty solid overall list. Stafford would be a bit higher and Ryan a bit lower on mine but it's hard to argue with most of it. I'm not surprised he has Flacco at 9, Jaworski has always been a fan of his, but I don't think it's far from the truth either. Like it was mentioned earlier working with Cosell on this gives it more credibility and I wouldn't write this off as NFL filler from ESPN.

It's going to be hard for Flacco to rise ahead of the top 7 (well, while the older guys are still playing) but I'm happy with where he's at. Most of the time. He has a few things to work on and his consistency has to improve but overall I'm happy that Flacco is the QB for the Ravens. It's not like they can get a better alternative. Cool
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

No. 30 Tim Tebow
No. 29 Blaine Gabbert
No. 28 Christian Ponder
No. 27 Matt Flynn
No. 26 Matt Moore
No. 25 Kevin Kolb
No. 24 Ryan Fitzpatrick
No. 23 Mark Sanchez
No. 22 Matt Cassel
No. 21 Carson Palmer
No. 20 Sam Bradford
No. 19 Andy Dalton
No. 18 Matt Hasselbeck
No. 17 Josh Freeman
No. 16 Alex Smith
No. 15 Cam Newton
No. 14 Matthew Stafford
No. 13 Matt Schaub
No. 12 Michael Vick
No. 11 Matt Ryan
No. 10 Tony Romo
No. 9 Joe Flacco
No. 8 Jay Cutler
No. 7 Philip Rivers
No. 6 Ben Roethlisberger
No. 5 Eli Manning
No. 4 Peyton Manning
No. 3 Tom Brady
No. 2 Drew Brees
No. 1 Aaron Rodgers

I think this is a pretty solid overall list. Stafford would be a bit higher and Ryan a bit lower on mine but it's hard to argue with most of it. I'm not surprised he has Flacco at 9, Jaworski has always been a fan of his, but I don't think it's far from the truth either. Like it was mentioned earlier working with Cosell on this gives it more credibility and I wouldn't write this off as NFL filler from ESPN.

It's going to be hard for Flacco to rise ahead of the top 7 (well, while the older guys are still playing) but I'm happy with where he's at. Most of the time. He has a few things to work on and his consistency has to improve but overall I'm happy that Flacco is the QB for the Ravens. It's not like they can get a better alternative. Cool

I agree with you, this is a good list overall and it feels good to have a good QB like Joe. Far as a better alternative the Ravens could always bring back Kyle Boller Laughing Laughing.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

No. 30 Tim Tebow
No. 29 Blaine Gabbert
No. 28 Christian Ponder
No. 27 Matt Flynn
No. 26 Matt Moore
No. 25 Kevin Kolb
No. 24 Ryan Fitzpatrick
No. 23 Mark Sanchez
No. 22 Matt Cassel
No. 21 Carson Palmer
No. 20 Sam Bradford
No. 19 Andy Dalton
No. 18 Matt Hasselbeck
No. 17 Josh Freeman
No. 16 Alex Smith
No. 15 Cam Newton
No. 14 Matthew Stafford
No. 13 Matt Schaub
No. 12 Michael Vick
No. 11 Matt Ryan
No. 10 Tony Romo
No. 9 Joe Flacco
No. 8 Jay Cutler
No. 7 Philip Rivers
No. 6 Ben Roethlisberger
No. 5 Eli Manning
No. 4 Peyton Manning
No. 3 Tom Brady
No. 2 Drew Brees
No. 1 Aaron Rodgers

This, this and this again. Not one Ravens poster, writer or sportstalk radio caller can provide an alternative to Flacco when they say he isn't that good (besides the one poster that told me I couldn't prove a 2nd round rookie wouldn't be better than Flacco, but that's a whole different story). The Ravens are good, they won't be picking in the top-10. Better QB's don't hit FA and are not available in trade. Flacco is very good and can still become great, just bc he's not Manning or Brady at this point in his career is no reason to kick him to the curb. I'm sure someone will complain about extending him, but I'm happy he'll be a Raven for the long haul.
FlaccoForever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

No. 30 Tim Tebow
No. 29 Blaine Gabbert
No. 28 Christian Ponder
No. 27 Matt Flynn
No. 26 Matt Moore
No. 25 Kevin Kolb
No. 24 Ryan Fitzpatrick
No. 23 Mark Sanchez
No. 22 Matt Cassel
No. 21 Carson Palmer
No. 20 Sam Bradford
No. 19 Andy Dalton
No. 18 Matt Hasselbeck
No. 17 Josh Freeman
No. 16 Alex Smith
No. 15 Cam Newton
No. 14 Matthew Stafford
No. 13 Matt Schaub
No. 12 Michael Vick
No. 11 Matt Ryan
No. 10 Tony Romo
No. 9 Joe Flacco
No. 8 Jay Cutler
No. 7 Philip Rivers
No. 6 Ben Roethlisberger
No. 5 Eli Manning
No. 4 Peyton Manning
No. 3 Tom Brady
No. 2 Drew Brees
No. 1 Aaron Rodgers

This, this and this again. Not one Ravens poster, writer or sportstalk radio caller can provide an alternative to Flacco when they say he isn't that good (besides the one poster that told me I couldn't prove a 2nd round rookie wouldn't be better than Flacco, but that's a whole different story). The Ravens are good, they won't be picking in the top-10. Better QB's don't hit FA and are not available in trade. Flacco is very good and can still become great, just bc he's not Manning or Brady at this point in his career is no reason to kick him to the curb. I'm sure someone will complain about extending him, but I'm happy he'll be a Raven for the long haul.

Well some of the Flacco haters aren't going to like what Jason LaCanfora just said on the Haynie and Zinno show on 105.7 the fan. He said that Joe will get at least $15 mil a year based on the market value of QBs and some people haven't grasped that concept (Jason said that). He also said that $15 mil is a bargin for what Joe has accomplished and again that is based on the market value of QBs in today's NFL. So anyone who has it in their mind that Joe will and should get $8-$10 mil a year need to wake up to reality. It's a QB league and if you have a good to great QB it's going to get real expensive to keep them come contract time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: