Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: [Preseason Week 1] PIT vs PHI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
oland11 wrote:
I don't see why everyone in the forum is so against hopping on the UDFA band wagon? Like im pushing for so many UDFAs to make the team but in reality only maybe 2 will make it Sad

Being an UDFA has nothing to do with it. Harris is just not ready for NFL game action IMO. Tapp would have more of an impact in 2012, which is all I care about in this instance.

And I'm pulling for Damaris to make the team as an UDFA. Hopefully over Hall.

Cliff Harris is also a PR. He could return punts and DJ and BB could do a double man KR.

I don't see the point in that, though. DJ looks like he can return punts well, BB looks good at kickoff returns. I don't think Harris is ready to play CB yet... He looks like a practice squad guy, not someone who's going to make the roster.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
I don't see the point in that, though. DJ looks like he can return punts well, BB looks good at kickoff returns. I don't think Harris is ready to play CB yet... He looks like a practice squad guy, not someone who's going to make the roster.

100% agree with this, which is why I posted that Tapp is more valuable to our roster than Harris for 2012.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapp was already paid his bonus IIRC and it would be worthless to cut him at this point. He provides experienced depth and is also pretty good run defender as well as pass rusher opposed to the pure pass rushers we have.

I would rather cut JJ than Tapp.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:

Yeah, Atogwe offers more at 30+ years old than JJ ever will, most likely.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Tapp was already paid his bonus IIRC and it would be worthless to cut him at this point. He provides experienced depth and is also pretty good run defender as well as pass rusher opposed to the pure pass rushers we have.

And play Tapp at safety?

In a nutshell:

Cole-Babin-Curry-Tapp-Hunt-Graham-Brown-Taylor
No way they keep 6.

Cole-Babin-Curry - safe

Brown-Taylor - camp bodies only, maybe PS

Tapp-Hunt-Graham - pick two, lose one
Remember, one could be traded, but the longer you wait the more likely teams will just wait out your cuts.
jaymiz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

And play Tapp at safety?

In a nutshell:

No way they keep 6.

Cole-Babin-Curry - safe

Remember, one could be traded, but the longer you wait the more likely teams will just wait out your cuts.

I personally don't see it that way. This coaching staff rolled the dice stacked at CB in previous years. They won't separate themselves from a good player unless unfairly compensated for him. I think the difference that separates this DE rotation from say, a whining Asante or Lito, is that while these guys all view themselves as starters, they still all get quality minutes and no egos are bruised. Tapp costs more but he's a solid vet not a potential flash in the pan like Hunt or Graham, though they both have a higher upside. I see what you're getting at but I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they kept all six.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babyatemydingo wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:

And play Tapp at safety?

In a nutshell:

No way they keep 6.

Cole-Babin-Curry - safe

Graham is safe as well that's a given and even more so then Curry. Top 4 are set.if healthy. As I stated in the 53 man roster thread IMO you keep Hunt because he has more upside. Because I think Fat Pat starts the season on PUP we will keep 5 DT as well as 5 DE. Thorton IMO will be the player to knock Tapp off the roster. Both Jenkins and Cox have played DE in certain packages so carrying 5 shouldn't be an issue. I don't see nor would I agree that you cut a 2nd rd pick after 1 season. No way given Allen and OJ histories does AR carry only 3 safeties. JJ makes 4.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 12 Gm/ 71 Rec/ 1088 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.3 YPC/
jonu62882

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
JJ makes 4.

Waterjug needs to make the #10 bus back to The Waffle House, where his skills will be better suited.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll keep 6 DE's and maybe 5 DT's depending on Dixon. Landri, Jenkins & Cox is making this team, and Thornton is playing too well not too.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
LOLKevinKolb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once they give Tom Nelson some quality snaps he'll beat out JJ

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
SiLo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bird Watch: DeSean's swag was impeccable.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Once they give the fat kid from the local supermarket some quality snaps he'll beat out JJ

Fixed.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not Cutting a second Rd pick after 1 season nor should we. If many of you didn't jump the gun by calling him the next Brian Dawkins (never happen again) you wouldn't be calling for his head. Thats the problem with having extremely high expectations for Rookies. Rarely if ever do they live up to the hype. For many of you it's like a cycle. Their the greatest thing since sliced bread during training camp/pre-season only to be injured or not produce to the high standards set for the regular season and then become a joke of a player who should be cut. Notice how 4 of the players below are trying to replace a HOF Safety. They grow less on trees then HOF QB.

Arrow This seasons flavor of the month

Arrow Brown
Arrow Cox
Arrow Kendricks
Jarrett
Allen
Graham

Demps
Macho
Bradley

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 12 Gm/ 71 Rec/ 1088 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.3 YPC/
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
We are not Cutting a second Rd pick after 1 season nor should we. If many of you didn't jump the gun by calling him the next Brian Dawkins (never happen again) you wouldn't be calling for his head. Thats the problem with having extremely high expectations for Rookies. Rarely if ever do they live up to the hype. For many of you it's like a cycle. Their the greatest thing since sliced bread during training camp/pre-season only to be injured or not produce to the high standards set for the regular season and then become a joke of a player who should be cut. Notice how 4 of the players below are trying to replace a HOF Safety. They grow less on trees then HOF QB.

Arrow Brown
Arrow Cox
Arrow Kendricks
Jarrett
Allen
Graham

Demps
Macho
Bradley

I predicted JJ would suck the moment we drafted him.
JJ bashing aside, I liked what I saw defensively from Graham, Curry, Hunt, and Thornton (Who needs to make this team over Dixon. I would hate to see the Giants pick him up). Offensively you gotta love what "For Whom the Bell" Foles did in the passing game, as well as Bryce Brown and D Lew running the ball. Polk looked good receiving- hopefully he can run well next week. Kafka obviously sucks. I would prefer to keep Edwards over him. At least Trent has nice hair and can throw harder than my sister. Hamler and Johnson looked good. I like both more than that guy who currently sits 4th on the WR depth chart. Forgot his name.
I think we should ditch the FB position and keep all 4 rb's. Boykin looks like he will be a solid and occasionally spectacular return man. Hope he can stay healthy. Jarrett, you make me sick and you need to be Jaigone. Andy really cant draft safeties for crap. Next week i want to see our LB's shine a lot more. They get a pass for now since it's their first time playing together against non-teammates, but I am a little concerned with the missed tackles and our history of sucking at the position.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

Arrow Brown
Arrow Cox
Arrow Kendricks
Jarrett
Allen
Graham

Demps
Macho
Bradley

Any expectations set for Jarrett appear to have been too high.
Therein lies the problem.

Guys like Quinton Caver and Mike Bellamy were sent packing for their inability to play.
He could face the same fate despite his high selection.
There have been some pretty marginal 2nd rounders like Matt McCoy and Victor Bailey, but neither looked as lost as Jarrett has.

Nate Allen showed flashes of good play and moments of disorientation in his tenure. That leads to hope.
But, I can't think of one time when I thought Jarrett looked like an up and coming talent out there.

Look to see who gets bumped up in the next preseason games and gets a few snaps with the starters.
If it doesn't happen, Jarrett is safe.
If it does, however, the race is on.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: