Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Owens to Seattle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

I wanted to get some information as to how TO was in the locker room during his last year in the NFL. I hadn't heard a lot of "cancer" type stories while he was in Buff or Cinci but wanted to hear if perhaps they were too little of stories to come out, but nevertheless harmful to the team.

Most of the reaction to giving TO a trying in Seattle has been negative, but he certainly lit it up 2 years ago for you so wanted to see your thoughts.

"We all we got, we all we need"
theJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was fine. Everyone outside of cincy wanted to blast him for the reality TV show with Chad, but in all honesty i thought TO was the best offensive player on the team. Chad was frequently out of position, and Carson had big mental lapses where he just looked like he didn't want to be there.

Assuming he's healed physically, i'm sure he'll be just fine in Seattle.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Anonymous3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering you've heard nothing, that should answer you're question. The less you hear about TO the better.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it looked like Palmer was trying to force him the ball alot to make him happy.

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it seem like he frequently took plays off?

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta good question for the Bengals fans. If you could, would you want T.O. back on the team?

oh yeah, How is Kelly Jennings doing for you guys?, I just thought, I would ask.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I thought it looked like Palmer was trying to force him the ball alot to make him happy.

Yes, but Carson had to force it somewhere.

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Not at all and he was good in run blocking.

JOEJOE wrote:
I gotta good question for the Bengals fans. If you could, would you want T.O. back on the team?

oh yeah, How is Kelly Jennings doing for you guys?, I just thought, I would ask.

No, I wouldn't want TO back. I love the current chemistry and attitudes of our current players. Although TO was fine in the locker room, he's still a big name that attracts big attention. I like the low key nature of this current Bengals squad.

Re: Kelly Jennings, Mad . He was turrible and thankfully he's gone. Even though we are thin at CB and injuries are pilling up, I still don't want him back...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:

I thought it looked like Palmer was frequently unfocused and unhappy. Though with Chad running wrong routes, and the other receivers being guys like Andre Caldwell, i don't blame him for forcing it.

Tatupu_64 wrote:

No. He was probably the hardest worker on the team. He was certainly the best offensive weapon Cincy had that year.

JOEJOE wrote:

No. While i don't regret having him as a Bengal, he doesn't fit what this team is trying to do right now. This is a young team trying to build an identity. Getting a guy like TO jeopardizes the chemistry of the young offensive players, especially Dalton and Green. Green has to know he is the #1 without a doubt, and Dalton has to know it's his huddle.

I don't think TO would purposely try to get in the way of that. But it would be a side effect of veteran WR that is well known around the league for having a strong personality.

JOEJOE wrote:

He's not on the team anymore. That should tell you something, given the lack of depth in the secondary right now.

LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:

Yup.

Others here will disagree; but IMHO that was one the problems with TO which riled Marvin and the coaches. When he took plays off, the whole defence knew it was gonna be a run and loaded up. I think that was a genuine beef that Palmer had with Chad and TO; they didn't hustle or block hard on runs. The coaches even got out a 'Hines Ward' tape to show them how it was done. That would have hurt a little.

On the other hand, if you get the TO that does hustle on all plays, you'll get a good pick up.

One play springs to mind v the Falcons in Atlanta where we sprung a long TD run, where TO had some monster blocks and played a big part in that score.

Still unconvinced he's a true 'team' guy; he might do more damage than good in your locker room; but I'm sure he'll be ultra-pumped in your two games v SF though.....

Last edited by LondonBengal on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:

Nope.

We got too many good young guys, dukin' it out for the; (probable); six spots in the final 53 anyways.

We are gonna be cutting some very good prospects this year come cut-down day.
futbudds

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my chair not my problem
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Re: Kelly Jennings, Mad . He was turrible and thankfully he's gone. Even though we are thin at CB and injuries are pilling up, I still don't want him back...

theJ wrote:

He's not on the team anymore. That should tell you something, given the lack of depth in the secondary right now.

Laughing , These were some of the things Hawks fans said about Jennings, including me!

That was such a great 1st rd pick, Thank You, Tim Ruskell!

Anyway, Sorry Jennings didn't workout for you guys, on the otherside of that trade, Clinton McDonald is doing really well for us it looks like he will make the team this year and have an impact for us, He was very solid last year.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
Anyway, Sorry Jennings didn't workout for you guys, on the otherside of that trade, Clinton McDonald is doing really well for us it looks like he will make the team this year and have an impact for us, He was very solid last year.

Yeah i didn't like that trade at the time, and still don't. Dumb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: