Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami Dolphins to star on Hard Knocks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Miami Dolphins to star on Hard Knocks Reply with quote

Quote:
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
"We're excited that NFL films has chosen the Miami Dolphins to be on Hard Knocks," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said.

Last edited by Fins20??SBChamp on Tue May 29, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many teams passed on it, I wouldn't be surprised either for the fact they were expected to have a team locked in by the 1st.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. NFL network just made it official
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed feelings.

Really want to watch this but it is a bit of a distraction.

^ Jamison on the sig.
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
Mixed feelings.

Really want to watch this but it is a bit of a distraction.

Quote:
Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly
"As we know. There are distractions in everything. It is what you make it," Joe Philbin said. "(Mr. Ross) wanted to stay out of it."

I am with you but if the coach is cool with it I am cool with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not cool with this. It wreaks of yet another BS move by our jackass owner trying to drum up publicity and cheap ticket sales. I doubt very seriously that Philbin wanted this.

Honestly, do teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New England, or NYG go on Hard Knocks? It's a needless distraction.

Ross is a buffoon.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
I'm not cool with this. It wreaks of yet another BS move by our jackass owner trying to drum up publicity and cheap ticket sales. I doubt very seriously that Philbin wanted this.

Honestly, do teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New England, or NYG go on Hard Knocks? It's a needless distraction.

Ross is a buffoon.

Despite Philbin being quoted above that he wanted this but not Ross you are going to believe this was Ross's doing? From the quote from Omar Kelly, it sounds Philbin had to talk Ross into it...

Or perhaps you are suggesting Philbin is a tool and a liar? Because he's either that, or wanted the Dolphins on Hard Knocks.

Nacho Simulation Football League
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thrilled to be able to get an inside look to the Dolphins, but there is no question, whatsoever, that this is a distraction, and I couldn't agree more that this is UNDOUBTEDLY a move by our jackass owner, Stephen Ross. The guy is a first class idiot and this move only confirms it. I will be tuning in, but this is certainly a distraction.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is awesome and disturbing at the same time. I sort of feel the Dolphins team aren't going to give them any camp controversy ala fights, disputes etc but at the same time it may be the worst environment for a rookie QB who most think should sit. It will ensure people dont forget about him
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first reaction to this news was its all steven ross doing maybe it is or isnt but that was my first reaction. He is the new jerry jones but with way less football knowledge.. With all that said im looking forward to watching it and there have been some teams that had good years the same year they were on hard knocks..
DeesNutts

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pumped! This is great news.

Its not a distraction. Or at least it doesnt have to be. These guys are more than aware and used to media being around practices. As long as we dont have guys forgetting the names of their children, our coaches dont suck on their wives feet, and no one gets in trouble off the field, during production, it will all go by smoothly. And will be a positive because they'll be a lot of new interest in the team.

Dolphin fans can spin anything negative. Like hanging out with a bunch of hipsters now a days...
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW the last two teams to be featured on Hard Knocks made the playoffs...

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical, BLAME ROSS!!!1111!1! Lol...
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea, but with the negative feelings toward the Dolphins from other players around the league with wanting to play for the Dolphins, I can see why it was done. It can be a very positive thing based off how the office handles it. I hope it works out well, but at least it gives us something to watch.
mtsp05

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I think it's cool we'll get an inside look of our beloved Dolphins, I fear this move will destroy any chance we have at being a playoff team. With as young as our team is and a first year head coach I feel this HUGE distraction will be too much for them. Hope I'm dead wrong. Just a gut feeling. Think I can confidently say if Coach Philbin did indeed want this and Miami makes the playoffs this year he will be no doubt coach of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: