Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Depth Chart Released......
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5996
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphinologist


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 5593
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadeye wrote:
Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.


This is a non issue as far as the entire season goes. This "demotion" was just to dangle a carrot in front of him while at the same time shutting down any feelings of entitlement. He is still by far our best CB. Now he'll have a goal to set during camp.
_________________


Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13196
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.


This is a non issue as far as the entire season goes. This "demotion" was just to dangle a carrot in front of him while at the same time shutting down any feelings of entitlement. He is still by far our best CB. Now he'll have a goal to set during camp.


If this was an isolated incident, then I would say non-issue, but didn't players confront him last year about coming to practice hung over? If this is a reccuring problem, then it's a huge issue. Good thing Smith is stepping up!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.


This is a non issue as far as the entire season goes. This "demotion" was just to dangle a carrot in front of him while at the same time shutting down any feelings of entitlement. He is still by far our best CB. Now he'll have a goal to set during camp.


exactly. It's just a coach motivator to see how he will react. If he doesn't react well he will sit, but if he reacts and fights to get in shape, he will start.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1976
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it wasnt great to see it was just one practice and he still has not seen one snap at second string and has been practicing well lately. Maybe the media didnt pick it up because it really isnt a big deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12823
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.


This is a non issue as far as the entire season goes. This "demotion" was just to dangle a carrot in front of him while at the same time shutting down any feelings of entitlement. He is still by far our best CB. Now he'll have a goal to set during camp.


exactly. It's just a coach motivator to see how he will react. If he doesn't react well he will sit, but if he reacts and fights to get in shape, he will start.


I find it telling that its Vontae's 4th season and the coaches are still having to motivate him by the depth chart. No one questions his skills, but after last years report that he showed up to practice drunk in the middle of the season, and I think we have reason to have some concerns. I'm not saying he won't start, and that he won't be great, but knowing he isn't giving 100% makes me want to go in another direction if he doesn't get his head on straight.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1976
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitly not a player who we would want to extend t this point with a contract. 2013 is a contract year hope he doenst wait till then. living in the bay area as i do i know his brother was the same way with the 49ers and turned it around and is now a captain. Hopefully he sees the light as far as being a pro about his job. Like i said he has been practicing very good lately so we shall see..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.


This is a non issue as far as the entire season goes. This "demotion" was just to dangle a carrot in front of him while at the same time shutting down any feelings of entitlement. He is still by far our best CB. Now he'll have a goal to set during camp.


exactly. It's just a coach motivator to see how he will react. If he doesn't react well he will sit, but if he reacts and fights to get in shape, he will start.


I find it telling that its Vontae's 4th season and the coaches are still having to motivate him by the depth chart. No one questions his skills, but after last years report that he showed up to practice drunk in the middle of the season, and I think we have reason to have some concerns. I'm not saying he won't start, and that he won't be great, but knowing he isn't giving 100% makes me want to go in another direction if he doesn't get his head on straight.


maybe it's best that he gets traded if he doesn't get his act together. We do have some depth at CB.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mercury22


Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 12823
Location: the 50 yard line
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:
Deadeye wrote:
Well, I'm not sure how much of this to take to heart. But Vontae might very well have deserved to be second string at this point:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news?r=1

Quote:
Tuesday night's first episode of Hard Knocks showed that Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis was out of shape when he reported to camp.
We're surprised the Miami media never picked up on this. Davis, who was recently demoted to the second-team defense, is not depicted in a positive light on episode one. He was also called out by the Dolphins' secondary coach. "You need to change your attitude, change your ways," said DBs coach Lou Anarumo. Davis had a minor confrontation with head coach Joe Philbin later on.


Hopefully this is an aberration and he gets his act together. He has the talent to be a foundational player on our still young defense.


This is a non issue as far as the entire season goes. This "demotion" was just to dangle a carrot in front of him while at the same time shutting down any feelings of entitlement. He is still by far our best CB. Now he'll have a goal to set during camp.


exactly. It's just a coach motivator to see how he will react. If he doesn't react well he will sit, but if he reacts and fights to get in shape, he will start.


I find it telling that its Vontae's 4th season and the coaches are still having to motivate him by the depth chart. No one questions his skills, but after last years report that he showed up to practice drunk in the middle of the season, and I think we have reason to have some concerns. I'm not saying he won't start, and that he won't be great, but knowing he isn't giving 100% makes me want to go in another direction if he doesn't get his head on straight.


maybe it's best that he gets traded if he doesn't get his act together. We do have some depth at CB.


Maybe. Then again, if someone can motivate him, like they did with his brother in SF, he could be one of the very best in the league.
_________________
"22 players are involved in every football play. To value precisely the activity of one of them, it is first necessary to account for the actions of the other 21"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lemmiwinks


Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 159
Location: Westfield
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Will Yeatman get moved to Tackle? If so, I think that's an interesting move. The guy is a phenomenal blocking tight end but isn't good for much else so why not see he can do? The reason I ask is after glancing at the depth chart, I noticed he was listed as a 4th team LT and nowhere to be found on the TE depth chart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fishfan4life


Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 1976
Location: santa rosa california
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch and yes he did get moved to tackle during OTA'S. They think he can turn into a athletic tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadeye


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 5996
Location: A Nearby Dolphin Encounter
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemmiwinks wrote:
Did Will Yeatman get moved to Tackle? If so, I think that's an interesting move.
Yes, Yeatman has been moved to tackle. He has the size and athleticism necessary to justify the move. In the ZBS we need our linemen to have excellent mobility which he should have in spades.
_________________
Earn more sessions by sleeving.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphinemidget


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3849
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishDolfan wrote:
It means nothing to be honest. I will start paying attention after the 2nd game.

Irish Dolfan


Agree, I think after a few games they will be some moves made.
_________________


Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 84133
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, just did a write-up for the Dolphins.

Check it out:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14406829#14406829
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group