Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 1 GDT: Houston Texans vs Carolina Panthers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
Did Jared Crick get any reps?

He didn't play tonight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fangupo on the recovery! Way to go HUGE fella!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives:

-Young WR's played well tonight (Jean, Martin, Holliday).
-Whitney Mercilus had a good game. (1.5 sacks)
-RB's (minus Foster) did very well running the ball. Really liked Grimes and Forsett tonight. Tate was good too.

Negatives:

-Hopefully Foster doesn't start a habit of fumbling
-Schaub's made a bad mistake on the interception
-Allan Ball is super horrible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pannel Egboh (former Texans TC fodder) is starting at DE for the Titans tonight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was Spencer Tillmans "Rising Star" of the game?

I didnt even notice he said it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I owe a huge apology to Tim Dobbins... who I classified as a solid thumper nothing more, nothing less.

He played well tonight (5 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFL)

2) Mercilus = NO MERCY
If Braman steps up his play, does that mean they let Barwin walk?? I would think not, but it depends on what Barwin asks for in the way of salary

3) KJ looked decent (as did Brandon Harris), but I still would like an older vet added to the roster BECAUSE ALAN BALL SUX!!!!!

4) The knock on Bullock was leg strength (51 yarder? No, 52 yarder!)

5) Hartmann get well soon, buddy!
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kareem had more than just a decent game come on give the guy some credit. I mean the played great today and he didn't allow a catch when he was covering one of the best and fastest WRs in the game and he also almost had a pick on a great read. If he gave up one catch most people on here would be freaking out saying we need another #2. I get not liking the guy but guve the guy some credit for tonights game.
jargin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how low Mercilus gets on the line of scrimmage.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Kareem had more than just a decent game come on give the guy some credit. I mean the played great today and he didn't allow a catch when he was covering one of the best and fastest WRs in the game and he also almost had a pick on a great read. If he gave up one catch most people on here would be freaking out saying we need another #2. I get not liking the guy but guve the guy some credit for tonights game.

I do give him credit for improving on his head swivel. But I think if you watch that play in the endzone again, he almost got beat for the TD cause he read the play wrong. He got lucky that Cam Newton under threw Steve Smith on that 2nd down play. That's why I say he looked decent. Plays like that happen to CBs, but your goals are(1) read the play right and (2) don't get beat. He did 1 of 2. IIRC that's been the same knock on KJ since he entered the league. So yeah, he looked decent.

On the near INT, he did 2 of 2. Plus almost got the pick. Now if he does that more consistently, you can color me a happy gent.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We looked great over all. A little sloppy but its expected in week one of pre-season. Schaub needs more play time, which he will get, and AF better practice on holding the ball. Defense is strong as ever.

A little disappointed Posey got no reps with the ones....
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how Joe Adam's punt return was number 2 on SC's top plays, but Trindon Holliday's return touchdown wasnt ranked. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Grimes doesn't wear gloves, automatic awesome points.

No, automatic dumb points. Anyone who refuses to wear an accessory that helps you hold onto the ball and protects from injury needs chewing out.

Or he has really strong hands and doesn't like the feel of gloves. Either way, Grimes has been impressive.

Doesn't matter how strong his hands are or how gloves feel. They improve grip (which helps with both fumbling and catching) and protect hands from injury. Not wearing gloves is like not lifting weights because you're naturally strong.

Sig by matthouston91
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jch1911 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

I do give him credit for improving on his head swivel. But I think if you watch that play in the endzone again, he almost got beat for the TD cause he read the play wrong. He got lucky that Cam Newton under threw Steve Smith on that 2nd down play. That's why I say he looked decent. Plays like that happen to CBs, but your goals are(1) read the play right and (2) don't get beat. He did 1 of 2. IIRC that's been the same knock on KJ since he entered the league. So yeah, he looked decent.

On the near INT, he did 2 of 2. Plus almost got the pick. Now if he does that more consistently, you can color me a happy gent.

I disagree with the Steve Smith almost touchdown. Yes Cam under threw him, but it looked like he underthree him because that was the only throw he could make because he was covering well.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest Take: Kareem.

Yea it was only a few plays but he looked like he gained some ball skills somehow. I'm excited to see if this is just not a fluke and to have a quality CB opposite JJo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Grimes doesn't wear gloves, automatic awesome points.

No, automatic dumb points. Anyone who refuses to wear an accessory that helps you hold onto the ball and protects from injury needs chewing out.

Or he has really strong hands and doesn't like the feel of gloves. Either way, Grimes has been impressive.

Doesn't matter how strong his hands are or how gloves feel. They improve grip (which helps with both fumbling and catching) and protect hands from injury. Not wearing gloves is like not lifting weights because you're naturally strong.

Agree to disagree. If Grimes feels comfortable without gloves and has no problems with catching and fumbling then I wouldn't mess with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: