Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 1: Tennessee Titans @ Seattle Seahawks
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Preseason Week 1: Tennessee Titans @ Seattle Seahawks Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks

vs.

Tennesee Titans

And now it's....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!

Not really though. Preseason is gonna work a little bit differently. Save my stories for the regular season. We'll focus more on the key inter-team position battles rather than position battles between Seattle and the opponent. I won't be giving a prediction of the result, as it really doesn't matter.

Things You Should Know

- This will be both Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker's first trip back to their home-state for an NFL related activity since they both left last offseason.
- Matt Flynn will be starting the game and playing the entire 1st half
- Russell Wilson will start the 2nd half and play the entire half.
- That means you guessed it, Tarvaris Jackson won't play
- The game is now being featured on NFL Network for Saturday night
- It will be Terrell Owens first "game" as a Seahawk. He will wear #10.

Position Battles To Watch

Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson
With only these two QBs playing in this first preseason game, both guys are expected to get a lot of snaps. I am very interested to see how Flynn performs with the first team. I am also interested to see how we use Wilson (deliberately seeing how he reacts in the pocket or role him out to take advantage of his skillset). I think Flynn winds up with the job.

Terrell Owens vs Braylon Edwards
It's possible that both of these guys make this team, but I think the winner of this specific battle is pretty much guaranteed a spot. I don't see how we can carry all of these personalities, so I don't see us keeping both guys. Loser of this battle isn't guaranteed a roster spot.

Terrell Owens vs Braylon Edwards vs Golden Tate vs Ricardo Lockette
Seems as though the team is content with having Baldwin in the slot and I really think the #2 role is a toss up at this point. Golden Tate has been getting glowing reports in camp, but the hype train of Ricardo Lockette is still chugging. You have Terrell Owens who seems to be a player that won't accept a role lower than #2 on the team, so I think if we keep him he starts there. Edwards will have an equal opportunity.

Cameron Morrah vs Sean McGrath
I don't think Anthony McCoy has much of a chance with this team and McGrath has come off of some rave reviews from viewers that have seen him practice. I think Morrah has this job fairly easily, but it is definitely something to watch.

Dexter Davis vs Cordarro Law
Two guys that I expect to be featured quite a bit in this game. Davis and Law will be fighting for the #3 LEO spot and I don't see a scenario where we keep both. Law has been impressing in camp but Davis has been a very good pass rusher in the past. This battle may come down to special teams impact.

Bobby Wagner vs Barrett Ruud
The team seems to be very willing to give the rookie every chance to take reigns of the starting LB spot this season. Ruud is his veteran competition for the MIKE spot, a player who is coming off a disappointing stint with the visiting Titans. Wagner should take this pretty easily IMO, and I don't think Ruud makes the team with his limited special teams capability.

Jeremy Lane vs Marcus Trufant vs Walter Thurmond III
I don't even believe Thurmond will be playing in the game and Tru has reportedly been looking shaky to start this offseason. Lane is a guy that I really like coming out of Northwestern State and I think he has a chance to be another special 5th round player for us. Still think this is Tru's job by the start of the season.

Winston Guy vs Jeron Johnson
Jeron Johnson seems to be the forgotten man recently, but he was the player drafted to play the FLY position before Guy was. Both players are somewhat compact, natural SS's that love to hit. It will be interesting to not only see how these players are used, but how effective they are in a unique role.

Week 1 Surprise Cut Prediction
Walter Thurmond III
- If the team sees Jeremy Lane succeed in Thurmond's role, they may just cut bait on the young player from Oregon with his lingering injuries since he's been here. Love me some Thurmond, but it wouldn't surprise me with this staff.

Let's discuss.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SoS

My Bold cut prediction after week one is Deon Butler

HM Anthony McCoy

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Shazor4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to mention one thing SoS: the new uniforms. We get to see them in action for the first time. Still undecided on whether I like them or not.

I think Anthony McCoy is pretty much safe. From what I've read it sounds like he is above Morrah and McGrath. Ability to block sets him apart.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on if TO is gonna play Saturday night??

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
He won't. Think they said something mid-day yesterday about him not playing.

Kempes

#JDI
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:

they said yesterday at practice he will NOT play saturday.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is more like game week now. Very Happy

All right, Does anyone know who's going to get the start for the Titans?, Hasselbeck or Locker?, It would be great for Hass to get the start for the first half, old Matt vs. new Matt, now that's just good TV.

The WR battle is going to be the biggest storyline throughout the pre season with the addition of T.O., and I'm glad it's going to be, It will take the presser off of Flynn so he can get comfortable with these new offensive weapons that he has now.

I don't think Thurmond III will be cut Week 1, if he's still not ready he will be PUP'd and ride the pine until week 8. Now, I do agree Butler is on shaky ground with all these new WR's his skill-set is looking weaker-and-weaker, He's not tall, he's not the fastest, he doesn't have the best hands, and his special teams is average. Trufant is another that is gone by week 1, If Lane shows any progress in the pre season TRU is gone because Carroll has shown the willingness to play young guys and cut the vets.

I can't wait to see Bruce Irvin this saturday, I'm so excited to see how fast this kid is, and on 3rd downs, how cool is it going to be to see Bruce Irvin, Jason Jones, Chris Clemons out there rushing the QB? (I got goosebumps just thinking about it).

The battle between Guy vs. Johnson will be interesting to watch, but I think Guy has the size/speed that Pete is looking for at the spot, and from all the reports I've been hearing Guy is looking to be the man when he's in there playing the big nickle.

It's going to be hard to judge Wilson in this game because he will be playing with a lot of guys, and against a lot of guys that wont be playing in the NFL in another month, So, if he does really well I wont get to hyped up about it.. and on the Flynn side of this QB comp., I wont get to down if he goes out there and struggles in this game, New Offense, New Teammates, these are no excuse, but Hass didn't look great when he first started here either...

anyway, I am pumped for this game, today and friday are just going to drag on....

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasn't officially been announced but it sounds like Hass will probably start on Sunday due to his ties with the Seahawks and the fact that he's the veteran. He's getting outplayed in camp though so this may be the last start he actually gets (which I suppose is fitting to have it happen in Seattle)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a happy homecoming Hass.

Im looking forward to seeing how the rookie draftees perform for both teams. GL no injuries.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Hasn't officially been announced but it sounds like Hass will probably start on Sunday due to his ties with the Seahawks and the fact that he's the veteran. He's getting outplayed in camp though so this may be the last start he actually gets (which I suppose is fitting to have it happen in Seattle)

I think Hass will also get the start, (I hope)... Ouch!, Jake is really outplaying him that badly?

TitanTuff wrote:
Have a happy homecoming Hass.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rookie draftees perform for both teams. GL no injuries.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Irvin in live action, I've only heard good things about his performance in camp so far, He has a really good speed rush (which everyone knows), but I heard he has a much better Speed-to-Bull rush that is even impressing the coaching staff, I've also heard his spin move to the inside is better than expected.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
VY-FTW wrote:

they said yesterday at practice he will NOT play saturday.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

CalhounLambeau on the sig!

Adopt-A-Titan:
1.Nate "The Great" Washington
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawks web page shows the game is going to be on Fox and online.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.O might not play the first 2 preseason games unless i heard wrong.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Hawks web page shows the game is going to be on Fox and online.

Yea, preseason pass is only 20 bucks for every game. I highly recommend it.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
T.O might not play the first 2 preseason games unless i heard wrong.

I just wanna see him in the 3rd one

wwhickok wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: