Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Owens to Seattle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I just don't get the big issue with this, it's a tryout people...nothing more. Worst case scenario we send him home. Best case is {Insert stat desired production} for the seahawks this season.

When has there ever been an ego pete couldn't handle? Come on guys you know this....if he becomes a problem he's gone

If this was 2 years ago I would say, 'bring him in we need the help'. but, now this team has much better starters & depth at WR, and we have the leaders on offense and defense, so with that said, I don't get why Pete would bring in a 39yr old WR that has had attitude issues his entire career. Which brings up a good question, If TO is worth bringing in for a workout, Why didn't we do it last year?

I'm not saying your wrong imani, I just don't get the thought process of this move, is all.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8240307/source-terrell-owens-impressive-seattle-seahawks-tryout

Quote:
Terrell Owens had a very impressive workout Monday in Seattle, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder, and it is expected that the Seahawks will try to sign the free-agent receiver.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
imani wrote:
I just don't get the big issue with this, it's a tryout people...nothing more. Worst case scenario we send him home. Best case is {Insert stat desired production} for the seahawks this season.

When has there ever been an ego pete couldn't handle? Come on guys you know this....if he becomes a problem he's gone

If this was 2 years ago I would say, 'bring him in we need the help'. but, now this team has much better starters & depth at WR, and we have the leaders on offense and defense, so with that said, I don't get why Pete would bring in a 39yr old WR that has had attitude issues his entire career. Which brings up a good question, If TO is worth bringing in for a workout, Why didn't we do it last year?

I'm not saying your wrong imani, I just don't get the thought process of this move, is all.

Mike Williams

I'm honestly starting to find entertainment in all this. This by far the biggest name we've had here since rice (albeit very washed up) and it'll be interesting to see the type of media it brings. I have absolutely no worries about his attitude with pete as HC, just going to be intriguing to see how this all turns out. Wonder what's gonna happen this saturday

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Wonder what's gonna happen this saturday

J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ran in the 4.4s at the age of 38 after the ACL injury? Are you kidding me? GETCHA POPCORN READY!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this...
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
Wonder what's gonna happen this saturday

That's right it's all about ME!

All about ME! Laughing

imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters on this site Laughing

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
JOEJOE, you are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters on this site Laughing

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What makes you think T.O. is capable of this? He is a proven locker room cancer and he recently got cut from an arena football team. I reapeat, he got cut, from an arena football team. He's done.

He got cut by the team because he refused to travel to an away game for personal reasons. He didn't have anything to do with his talent or attitude.

With that said, I don't want him on this team.

That shows, he's not a team player. That is the same thing as refusing to play. The guy is selfish and that kind of attitude should not be introduced into our locker room, even for a day! He takes the term "primadonna" to a whole new level.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
What makes you think T.O. is capable of this? He is a proven locker room cancer and he recently got cut from an arena football team. I reapeat, he got cut, from an arena football team. He's done.

He got cut by the team because he refused to travel to an away game for personal reasons. He didn't have anything to do with his talent or attitude.

With that said, I don't want him on this team.

That shows, he's not a team player. That is the same thing as refusing to play. The guy is selfish and that kind of attitude should not be introduced into our locker room, even for a day! He takes the term "primadonna" to a whole new level.

He's about to take the term "Just had a ridiculous workout and the seahawks are going to sign me" to a level you may not like either...

Last edited by imani on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Owens is on the roster at the start of the season, our year is sunk. Mark my words, one way or the other, this guy is gonna cause major internal turmoil. He's like a category 5 tornado. He causes destruction wherever he goes.
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
If Owens is on the roster at the start of the season, our year is sunk. Mark my words, one way or the other, this guy is gonna cause major internal turmoil. He's like a category 5 tornado. He causes destruction wherever he goes.

that's taking it a lil far, we'll know if he's going to be a locker room cancer by the end of preseason

Just because he made the 90-man roster, does not mean he's going to perform.

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

that's taking it a lil far, we'll know if he's going to be a locker room cancer by the end of preseason

Just because he made the 90-man roster, does not mean he's going to perform.

That's why I said if he's on the roster, during the regular season. If he sits the bench, he's gonna whine and cry to everyone that will listen, that he is the star of the team and should get all the balls, thrown his way. That's just who Owens is.

Pete may have dealt well with other players in the past, but T.O. is a whole different animal. Pete has never dealt with anyone like Owens. If you cross him, he'll spread rumors about you, like he did with two previous QB's. He's vindictive, petty and he has a God complex.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
He's like a category 5 tornado. He causes destruction wherever he goes.

I think this is taking it a little to far, Now!, This guy is like a tornado and causes destruction wherever he goes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: