Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Owens to Seattle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the move IMO. Edwards move too. Id be excited , these guys if they are healthy and play hard can really make a diff maybe more than we think .
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WRetirement Home has room for one more....

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petey C and taking his competition philosophy to a whole new level here.

Worst case scenario, is he somehow makes team and I have to root for him...which I would if he is a hawk. Still a physical specimen-just aged a bit Very Happy

Props to Kempes on the sig.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:
Report: Terrell Owens is en route to Seattle

Dave "Softy" Mahler of KJR 950 Seattle reports that free agent Terrell Owens is en route to Seattle for a visit with the Seahawks.
Mahler broke the news when Seattle signed Braylon Edwards last week, so he appears to be on top of things in the Great Northwest. The Seahawks recently swapped out Antonio Bryant for Edwards, and apparently aren't done looking at wide receivers the rest of the league has left for dead. Owens, who turns 39 in December, hasn't played since the 2010 season with Cincinnati. He caught 72 balls for 983 yards and nine touchdowns that year, outplaying Chad Ochocinco.
Source: Dave Mahler on Twitter
Aug 5 - 11:04 PM

Don't even what to read what TheOsprey has to say about this lol...

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy is a cancerous tumor on the butt of society! He ruins team chemistry wherever he goes. I had the misfortune of watching him play for the Bengals and he would quit on routes and short arm catches, because he thought he was gonna get hit. Hopefully, Pete and John are smart enough to avoid this "Team Obliterator" as Skip Bayless calls him.

If we insist on bringing in older WR's, why not Plaxico Buress? At this point in their careers, I'd take him over Bryant, Edwards and Owens.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:

Dave "Softy" Mahler of KJR 950 Seattle reports that free agent Terrell Owens is en route to Seattle for a visit with the Seahawks.
Mahler broke the news when Seattle signed Braylon Edwards last week, so he appears to be on top of things in the Great Northwest. The Seahawks recently swapped out Antonio Bryant for Edwards, and apparently aren't done looking at wide receivers the rest of the league has left for dead. Owens, who turns 39 in December, hasn't played since the 2010 season with Cincinnati. He caught 72 balls for 983 yards and nine touchdowns that year, outplaying Chad Ochocinco.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That guy is a cancerous tumor on the butt of society! He ruins team chemistry wherever he goes. I had the misfortune of watching him play for the Bengals and he would quit on routes and short arm catches, because he thought he was gonna get hit. Hopefully, Pete and John are smart enough to avoid this "Team Obliterator" as Skip Bayless calls him.

If we insist on bringing in older WR's, why not Plaxico Buress? At this point in their careers, I'd take him over Bryant, Edwards and Owens.

Really? Plax is useless outside of the redzone now.

Edwards still has some potential. Hell, TO could still get a solid 800 yards. It's just that nobody will give him a chance.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Pete is always bringing guys in to compete and get a chance, but I am starting to feel as if we are not happy with our WR position. Rice has got to show he can stay healthy, I love Obamanu but he will always be a below average WR-we know what he can do, Baldwin is our guy, but IMO he should play mostly out of the slot, Golden still needs to prove he can show up for a regular season, Lockette has shown flashes of greatness but very unproven as well. TO whether you love or hate has consistently put up solid numbers in the NFL.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many do you think Pete & John had before they said: "Hey maybe we could bring TO in for a workout"?

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:

He's got to be next; followed by Hines Ward and Lee Evans.

"We all we got, we all we need"
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:

Really? Plax is useless outside of the redzone now.

Edwards still has some potential. Hell, TO could still get a solid 800 yards. It's just that nobody will give him a chance.

What makes you think T.O. is capable of this? He is a proven locker room cancer and he recently got cut from an arena football team. I reapeat, he got cut, from an arena football team. He's done.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immuhguy10 wrote:
I understand Pete is always bringing guys in to compete and get a chance, but I am starting to feel as if we are not happy with our WR position. Rice has got to show he can stay healthy, I love Obamanu but he will always be a below average WR-we know what he can do, Baldwin is our guy, but IMO he should play mostly out of the slot, Golden still needs to prove he can show up for a regular season, Lockette has shown flashes of greatness but very unproven as well. TO whether you love or hate has consistently put up solid numbers in the NFL.

That was the past. This isn't 2002. It's 2012. He couldn't even make it in the Arena Football League. Even if he did still have something left in the tank, look what he does to the teams he plays for. He verbally attacked Jeff Garcia and Donavan McNabb and basically split up his team. He half heartedly played for the Bengals and gave up on his routes. He is selfish and he isn't a team player. I like the direction this team is going. Why ruin the chemistry by bringing in "Team Obliterator"?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:

How many do you think Pete & John had before they said: "Hey maybe we could bring TO in for a workout"?

One, too many!
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Quote:

He's got to be next; followed by Hines Ward and Lee Evans.

I may be wrong, but isn't Lee Evans a Jaguar?
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get the big issue with this, it's a tryout people...nothing more. Worst case scenario we send him home. Best case is {Insert stat desired production} for the seahawks this season.

When has there ever been an ego pete couldn't handle? Come on guys you know this....if he becomes a problem he's gone

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I just don't get the big issue with this, it's a tryout people...nothing more. Worst case scenario we send him home. Best case is {Insert stat desired production} for the seahawks this season.

When has there ever been an ego pete couldn't handle? Come on guys you know this....if he becomes a problem he's gone

This!!!!!

Pete doesnt have a problem cutting people if they become a problem or are out of shape ala Lendale White, Mike WIlliams, ANtonio Bryant

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Terrell Owens to Seattle? Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
What makes you think T.O. is capable of this? He is a proven locker room cancer and he recently got cut from an arena football team. I reapeat, he got cut, from an arena football team. He's done.

He got cut by the team because he refused to travel to an away game for personal reasons. He didn't have anything to do with his talent or attitude.

With that said, I don't want him on this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: