Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Owens to Seattle?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Laughing He's a hawks fan JOEJOE, but it's an easy mistake

oh, did not know that.Embarassed

JOEJOE wrote:
Judging by your screen name you are a Texans fan?, If so, I say Rice has a better shot at making week 1 than A. Johnson does.

Then, I apologize for this comment SwiftTexan.

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Sham

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so psyched we signed T.O. Very Happy Although I'm not sure how he fits among the other WRs we have.

He's my second favorite player of all-time.. If we could go out and get Adrian Peterson, I'd move back to the mainland and watch every single Seahawks game.

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs

USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
imani wrote:
:lol: He's a hawks fan JOEJOE, but it's an easy mistake

oh, did not know that.:oops:

JOEJOE wrote:
Judging by your screen name you are a Texans fan?, If so, I say Rice has a better shot at making week 1 than A. Johnson does.

Happens all the time - had a Seahawks avy to clear things up but was told it was too big. Haven't found another one. Andre Johson could face some obstacles too though.

I know it's only Peter King - we'll see how the pre-season plays out but I'm worried about Rice's availability. I want him on the field - asap and healthy. It's tough to watch players who are consistently injured not be able to get the most out of their careers. Two shoulder surgeries and concussion issues are not joke - Rice needs to be more than 100% before he steps back on to the field.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the part that bothers myself, and JOEJOE is that Clayton and co. make a complete assumption that Rice is questionable for week 1 strictly because we signed TO- and for no other reason. They would say "why would they sign TO if they didn't have a starter who was going to be out?"

Well the truth is... if you believe PC and JS at their word...is that they signed TO due to the fact that he was an absolute freak in the try out and they believe he can help the team.

I also heard that PC called Carson to see how he was in Cinci and he had a very strong review.

"We all we got, we all we need"
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
imani wrote:
Laughing He's a hawks fan JOEJOE, but it's an easy mistake

oh, did not know that.Embarassed

JOEJOE wrote:

Happens all the time - had a Seahawks avy to clear things up but was told it was too big. Haven't found another one. Andre Johson could face some obstacles too though.

I know it's only Peter King - we'll see how the pre-season plays out but I'm worried about Rice's availability. I want him on the field - asap and healthy. It's tough to watch players who are consistently injured not be able to get the most out of their careers. Two shoulder surgeries and concussion issues are not joke - Rice needs to be more than 100% before he steps back on to the field.

I share your concern about Rice, and I too feel he should be 100% before he is back on the field of play. and, I also think Pete Carroll feels the same as we do, which is why he has kept Rice limited in practice so far... I hate guys like Peter King, they always create stories that have no truth to them..... just pure speculation!

and again, sorry for the unwarranted comment. Go Hawks!

JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
I think the part that bothers myself, and JOEJOE is that Clayton and co. make a complete assumption that Rice is questionable for week 1 strictly because we signed TO- and for no other reason. They would say "why would they sign TO if they didn't have a starter who was going to be out?"

Well the truth is... if you believe PC and JS at their word...is that they signed TO due to the fact that he was an absolute freak in the try out and they believe he can help the team.

I also heard that PC called Carson to see how he was in Cinci and he had a very strong review.

I agree with this.... the main steam media will create stories with or without truth to them... ala, "Sidney Rice, Not going to be ready for week 1, just because the Hawks signed Terrell Owens"...

as a person I hate TO, but as a player on the field of play, well you can't deny the numbers he puts up. also, this is all a foregone conclusion because Terrell Owens is a Seattle Seahawk as of yesterday, so that means, I will be rooting for the Hawks/Owens/Edwards/Etc. now..

OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guys going to be a beast. Good signing
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching NFL Network yesterday and they were questioning how guys like T.O. and Braylon Edwards were able to find teams before a guy like Plaxico Buress, who actually contributed to a team last year. Finally, I got my answer. It seems that Buress owes so much in back taxes that he is making some pretty outrageous contract demands, for a man in his position. With Owens and Edwards taking cheap deals, it seems that Burress is refusing to take a similar contract. Instead of being happy he has a team, he's getting greedy. His demands might just keep him unemployed. What a bonehead!
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I was watching NFL Network yesterday and they were questioning how guys like T.O. and Braylon Edwards were able to find teams before a guy like Plaxico Buress, who actually contributed to a team last year. Finally, I got my answer. It seems that Buress owes so much in back taxes that he is making some pretty outrageous contract demands, for a man in his position. With Owens and Edwards taking cheap deals, it seems that Burress is refusing to take a similar contract. Instead of being happy he has a team, he's getting greedy. His demands might just keep him unemployed. What a bonehead!

This is an act of a man that isn't humbled, and a man I wouldn't want on my team..

imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

This is an act of a man that isn't humbled, and a man I wouldn't want on my team..

sounds worse than T.O. imo

Owens know he's on his last leg and he's going to try save his legacy while paying his bills this season. I question Burress' motivation beyond contract size

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Now that I have this information, I agree. I just wish we wouldn't have signed the other "attention wh0re". He's never been humble a day in his life.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think this is a good move for you guys, I feel like TO can still play.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, after listening to TO he actually sounds matured. I'm excited to see what he can do. Not sure if I'm rooting harder for him or Braylon.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to the Bob And Groz show they had Danny O'Neil on he said that he think's it's Braylon who is fighting for a spot and T.O has a spot unless he looks bad or does something stupid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: