Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Since Nic brought it up. Anyone think we are trying to hide Tanny by not playing him to put him on the PS? (Atleast I don't think he played in the game.)

Plus Tanny > Coleman.


H, you are pretty funny. I never mentioned a comparison of our current #3 to theirs, but not sure what you have seen from either player to even be able to make that statement. I am assuming your comment has a strong dose of blind homerism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1977
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Since Nic brought it up. Anyone think we are trying to hide Tanny by not playing him to put him on the PS? (Atleast I don't think he played in the game.)

Plus Tanny > Coleman.


H, you are pretty funny. I never mentioned a comparison of our current #3 to theirs, but not sure what you have seen from either player to even be able to make that statement. I am assuming your comment has a strong dose of blind homerism.


Lol. Don't really care who gets its. I just think we are going to try and sneak Tanny on PS.

Anyways I kinda like trash can throwers video and I want him to make one in a KC uniform.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10892
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
Since Nic brought it up. Anyone think we are trying to hide Tanny by not playing him to put him on the PS? (Atleast I don't think he played in the game.)

Plus Tanny > Coleman.

I think we are more likely worried about figuring out who will be our #2, and knowing it won't be Tanney, he's not going to see much action. We also want a decent QB out there to make sure we can see what the other 10 offensive players out there can do, and not be muddled with poor QB play. Keep in mind he's our #4 QB, which is usually just a camp arm, short of great performance by him, or poor performance by the other 3. I would actually be totally content to not see him in the pre-season, to give Stanzi as much opportunity as he can to learn and improve.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4254
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OILCHIEFS wrote:
Where's that quote from?


CBSSportsline...if you go to Chiefs training camp page, there are a couple articles...it's in the one about "Charles holds the keys to Cassel's improvement"
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keep in mind he's our #4 QB, which is usually just a camp arm, short of great performance by him, or poor performance by the other 3.


Bigs where do you stand now? I'd say Stanzi's performance thus far = poor. Quinn's = career back-up at best. And Cassel's = the perfect back-up QB.

Kidding aside, maybe we'll see a little bit from Tanney this week, but I wouldn't be shocked not to.

Anyone else notice that this year's crop of QB's (2012) is playing much better than anyone expected? People expected goodness from Luck and RGIII, but Wilson has been lights out, Tannehill is starting, even guys like Foles and Cousins have looked really good in their playing time. Kind of makes you wish we had taken a shot at one of those guys. Oh well, maybe next year.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10892
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
Keep in mind he's our #4 QB, which is usually just a camp arm, short of great performance by him, or poor performance by the other 3.


Bigs where do you stand now? I'd say Stanzi's performance thus far = poor. Quinn's = career back-up at best. And Cassel's = the perfect back-up QB.

Kidding aside, maybe we'll see a little bit from Tanney this week, but I wouldn't be shocked not to.

Anyone else notice that this year's crop of QB's (2012) is playing much better than anyone expected? People expected goodness from Luck and RGIII, but Wilson has been lights out, Tannehill is starting, even guys like Foles and Cousins have looked really good in their playing time. Kind of makes you wish we had taken a shot at one of those guys. Oh well, maybe next year.

But we haven't seen Stanzi with the 1's!


Laughing J/K. It is definitely disheartening to see other rookies even over the past several years come in and be difference makers early, yet we can't seem to find one, or even really try.

My biggest hope right now is that, we're just going to have a poor pre-season, and then come out firing in the regular season, which other teams before us certainly have done with surprising regularity.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desmond


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 10602
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quinn is the #2, officially, per Adam Teicher. With Tanney possibly seeing action in the fourth game, odds that he beats out Stanzi for #3 job?
_________________
[quote="KingofSTATS"]Healthy Gates >>>> Anyone to play the TE/WR position, ever.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
Quinn is the #2, officially, per Adam Teicher. With Tanney possibly seeing action in the fourth game, odds that he beats out Stanzi for #3 job?


Unfortunately Quinn wins #2 by default - nothing more.

As far as Tanney beating out Stanzi, I would say highly unlikely. IMO they will give Tanney a shot to show them something special and then include him in the cuts then sign him to the practice squad. I would be shocked if Pioli essentially admits making a mistake in draft Stanzi by taking a UDFA over him.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1977
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond wrote:
Quinn is the #2, officially, per Adam Teicher. With Tanney possibly seeing action in the fourth game, odds that he beats out Stanzi for #3 job?


Well there is that. Also doutful that Tanny gets #3 spot. Also don't think he gets to see much, if any of game 4. I think he is headed to the PS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't see Tanney beating out Stanzi, but it will be fun to see how accurate he is with people coming at him.

As far as Quinn goes, he lead the team to 2 TDs. That's more than the Jets can say about any of their QBs. Not thrilled about it, however, I think it is the right decision from what we've seen.
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brawl.kc


Joined: 26 Apr 2008
Posts: 2044
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today, Tyler Palko is a better QB than Ricky Stanzi. So Brady Quinn is definitely our backup. Does anybody object?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5523
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Yeah I don't see Tanney beating out Stanzi, but it will be fun to see how accurate he is with people coming at him.

As far as Quinn goes, he lead the team to 2 TDs. That's more than the Jets can say about any of their QBs. Not thrilled about it, however, I think it is the right decision from what we've seen.


If we were in a more "developmental" mind state for this year then I would say its a mistake. But since we need to win as many games as possible and make a strong push to win a playoff game it definitely makes sense to have Quinn as the #2 guy.

Also, I agree with this whole Jamaal Charles holds the key to Cassel's success. Jamaal has looked nothing short of unreal this year, can you imagine adding another 10-15 carries / touches on top of what we have seen? Our offense is going to be good. Dont let this whole preseason crap let you think otherwise.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4254
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Quinn's #2, i've been thinking about him vs Cassel. I've really been turned off by Quinn, mostly because of his high throws. I guess i'm trying to go back through in my mind what i've seen from him....he may always be high when he's off, but I don't know if that means he's been more inaccurate than Cassel. We know he's got a better arm, then there's everything else which none of our QB's are really good at.

I am just dying to see ANYONE else play with the weapons we have have this year besides Cassel....I just don't think the Chiefs are doing their due diligence to make sure they field the best team possible. Maybe we'll see him with some of the regulars against GB...I've never been a fan of Quinn, but I atleast want to see what he can do relative to Cassel before I write him off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 5672
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:
Since Nic brought it up. Anyone think we are trying to hide Tanny by not playing him to put him on the PS? (Atleast I don't think he played in the game.)

Plus Tanny > Coleman.


H, you are pretty funny. I never mentioned a comparison of our current #3 to theirs, but not sure what you have seen from either player to even be able to make that statement. I am assuming your comment has a strong dose of blind homerism.


Lol. Don't really care who gets its. I just think we are going to try and sneak Tanny on PS.

Anyways I kinda like trash can throwers video and I want him to make one in a KC uniform.

I am beginning to suspect that if he goes on waivers, we lose him.

J
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6562
Location: SC
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Now that Quinn's #2, i've been thinking about him vs Cassel. I've really been turned off by Quinn, mostly because of his high throws. I guess i'm trying to go back through in my mind what i've seen from him....he may always be high when he's off, but I don't know if that means he's been more inaccurate than Cassel. We know he's got a better arm, then there's everything else which none of our QB's are really good at.

I am just dying to see ANYONE else play with the weapons we have have this year besides Cassel....I just don't think the Chiefs are doing their due diligence to make sure they field the best team possible. Maybe we'll see him with some of the regulars against GB...I've never been a fan of Quinn, but I atleast want to see what he can do relative to Cassel before I write him off.


Rage,
I just don't think Quinn was brought in as competition for Cassel. IMO what Pioli said about competition at the quarterback position was largely lip service. I have no proof of course, but my feeling is they dabbled in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes but were never really serious about making a big push for Manning - even if Peyton didn't cross them off of the list immediately like he apparently did. I think Hunt and Pioli wanted to show the fanbase there was an "attempt" by the team to consider improvement at the position.

I believe Quinn was brought in not to compete with Cassel, but for some fans to create the "illusion" that the team was attempting to address the position. In reality, I see Quinn as being the type of quarterback that understands his role in the NFL and is essentially content to be a "company man" if that is what is asked of him. So he was brought on board to provide some stability behind Cassel while giving the team a quarterback that has been in the NFL and seen more than Ricky Stanzi at this point. I don't think Quinn will ever "rock the boat" and become frustrated with being a #2 or even a #3. Would he love to start? Of course. But I don't think he had any illusion of being brought in with an opportunity to dethrone Cassel.

If anything I see it as an attempt to bring in another individual that could work with Cassel, look over gamefilm with him, share his take on what he sees, coverages, etc.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group