Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: QB thread Reply with quote

This is a place to discuss the QBs, good, bad or ugly. We dont have Croyle's wife any more, so no pics.Wink

By request in the camp thread, please put any commentary here.

BTW, I think Stanzi is a year away. I dont know what to think of Quinn yet. He can make all the throws, but can he use his offense.

J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think Josh Freeman will rebound from a lackluster sophomore season?

Will Ryan Fitzpatrick take the next step and prove to be a franchise quarterback for the Bills?
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: QB thread Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
We dont have Croyle's wife any more, so no pics.Wink

Brady Quinn's Girlfriend? She is an Olympic Gymnast.

Anyways Cassel will be our QB. I kind of want to see what he can do with our Haley. I think Haley forced him to play his way and only his way. If we are not winning/staying close in the division by week 10-12. I think we will see another QB.

Also Cassel has never played a full season. Think he will repeat that again? If so who do you think we will see? I hope Stanzi but it will prolly be Quinn.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

Yes. With a running game worth speaking of now and a legitimate #1 WR to compliment their plethora of #2s, I see him taking off in a big way in terms of production. Will that result in more wins? Well, that depends on how their defense performs. I expect big things out of Freeman this year.

nicfre2011 wrote:
Will Ryan Fitzpatrick take the next step and prove to be a franchise quarterback for the Bills?

Nope. Not a fan of his. Not clutch at all. Pretty good QB for the first 3 quarters, not so much in the 4th.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

But but but.... He had a good sophomore year. Wink

Anyways I think he will rebound. Maybe not great but good.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: QB thread Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:

So was my wife. Wink

Well, wait. No...she was a finalist to make the Olympic team. Missed the cut by two. Still. I'm a happy man. Very Happy

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: QB thread Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

So was my wife. Wink

Well, wait. No...she was a finalist to make the Olympic team. Missed the cut by two. Still. I'm a happy man. Very Happy

Well well well. Arn't we a lucky man. Arn't we?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Colin Kaepernick have what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the NFL?
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Does Colin Kaepernick have what it takes to be a starting quarterback in the NFL?

When will he get his chance? I don't think he will for the 49ers. Anyways I don't think he does.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Most definitely. I can tolerate Wildcats if I must.

No.

ryknowssd wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

So was my wife. Wink

Flexible.Wink

J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: QB thread Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
This is a place to discuss the QBs, good, bad or ugly. We dont have Croyle's wife any more, so no pics.Wink

BTW, I think Stanzi is a year away. I dont know what to think of Quinn yet. He can make all the throws, but can he use his offense.

J

For the time being, I won't argue one way or the other whether Stanzi is a year away from being a legit starter until I see some preseason games...but being a year away is open to interpretation. I'm guessing you obviously believe he's a year away from atleast being as good as Cassel. If it takes him 3 years to be that good, we should just cut him now. Laughing

Listen if Cassel's finally doing well in TC, good for him...does he have the arm, awareness, and pocket presence to do it against real competition. The answer is NO, NO, and NO...we've seen it time and time again.Yes, we've seen QB's breakout before later in their career, but all those QB's had fine individual skills that they weren't able to take advantage of earlier in their careers for whatever reason...Cassel doesn't have that.

Stanzi and Quinn have the arm to make the throws, the college pedigree in pro systems, and atleast Stanzi has shown good pocket presence. Neither has had the opportunity in the NFL with a team like this. This team is perfectly set up to win with even a rookie QB because they can win with D and Running when the QB struggles, so it's the perfect time to go with someone else and I hope Romeo realizes that. Who's to say Cassel won't struggle out of the gates yet again and if that happens we already know his ceiling and it's not worth it to let him straighten up.

If Quinn or Stanzi struggled out of the gate, we know:
1)we can still win games
2)we know with almost 100% assurance that they will greatly improve throughout the year
3)They have a much higher skill set than Cassel and little doubt they wouldn't surpass him given the opportunity

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered how long it would last. Oh well, to import from the other thread.

OILCHIEFS wrote:
I think Cassel doesn't even get close to a fair shake on this forum. I'm not a big fan of his skill level but he is without question the best QB on this roster. you can argue that the other 3 haven't got an opportunity but you have to earn them and that's what Cassel has done. He may never win a superbowl but at this point he is our best chance.

I agree with OC, though weighing talent versus arm might get dicey. Stanzi has the same arm limitation, but Quinn's arm is legit. The question is whether Quinn is a good enough QB to make use of his throwing skills.

If Cassel had Quinn's arm, we would not talk about getting a replacement.

J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: QB thread Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

For the time being, I won't argue one way or the other whether Stanzi is a year away from being a legit starter until I see some preseason games...but being a year away is open to interpretation. I'm guessing you obviously believe he's a year away from atleast being as good as Cassel. If it takes him 3 years to be that good, we should just cut him now. Laughing

Listen if Cassel's finally doing well in TC, good for him...does he have the arm, awareness, and pocket presence to do it against real competition. The answer is NO, NO, and NO...we've seen it time and time again.Yes, we've seen QB's breakout before later in their career, but all those QB's had fine individual skills that they weren't able to take advantage of earlier in their careers for whatever reason...Cassel doesn't have that.

Stanzi and Quinn have the arm to make the throws, the college pedigree in pro systems, and atleast Stanzi has shown good pocket presence. Neither has had the opportunity in the NFL with a team like this. This team is perfectly set up to win with even a rookie QB because they can win with D and Running when the QB struggles, so it's the perfect time to go with someone else and I hope Romeo realizes that. Who's to say Cassel won't struggle out of the gates yet again and if that happens we already know his ceiling and it's not worth it to let him straighten up.

If Quinn or Stanzi struggled out of the gate, we know:
1)we can still win games
2)we know with almost 100% assurance that they will greatly improve throughout the year
3)They have a much higher skill set than Cassel and little doubt they wouldn't surpass him given the opportunity

Will Cam Newton avoid a sophomore slump?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

OILCHIEFS wrote:
I think Cassel doesn't even get close to a fair shake on this forum. I'm not a big fan of his skill level but he is without question the best QB on this roster. you can argue that the other 3 haven't got an opportunity but you have to earn them and that's what Cassel has done. He may never win a superbowl but at this point he is our best chance.

I agree with OC, though weighing talent versus arm might get dicey. Stanzi has the same arm limitation, but Quinn's arm is legit. The question is whether Quinn is a good enough QB to make use of his throwing skills.

J

How has Matt Ryan been doing so far in camp?
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

OILCHIEFS wrote:

J

If Cassel had Quinn's arm he might be a legit starting QB...but he still has below average accuracy, pocket presence, and doesn't go through his progressions well. How many top 20 QB's rely mostly on arm strength while being below average in those other categories?

Stanzi...the same arm limitation? Get out of here, why and where do you come up with a fallacy like that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: