Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 1- Cleveland Browns @ Detroit Lions 8/10/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Joique Bell is balling. Man this OL is making lanes out there.

I didn't get to see the game in T.V. And darned sure wasn't driving down for pre season.

Can you give me an honest opinion on how he looked?

The running game looked very good, the DL was also very impressive. Kellen Moore, Whitehead, Sean Jones played bad. On the other hand Rieff, Fox, Heller, Willie Young, Bently, Keiland Williams all played very well.

How about Bell specifically. Did he look better than the other backs or did they all fair well?

Bell was playing third string, so he definitely had the easiest time of it, but he was getting consistent gains for the most part. Keiland had a 33 yard carry and a couple of stuffs mixed in.

Overall, the Lions averaged 6 yards a carry and put up just shy of 200 yards rushing despite being down to our third string RB. I think that's an encouraging sign for our offensive line.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh some of ya get alittle carried away with playing the browns.. OL is not going to look that good in the run dept. cleveland just stinks at stopping it. i liked the push tho and riley looked good, glad they played him at LT. Lovin the DEs right now but again hard to judge when playing the browns. little disappointed willie didnt play more,wanna see if he has the stamina..plus avril comin back takes snaps. logan gets a bad rap but he can do alot of different things..id keep him at rb before i would bell atm. battle for roster spots i see are at LBer..who stays and how many will we have to put ther.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously it's pre-season so can't really draw much from the results but I was overall impressed with all our rookies. Bentley looked pretty much as advertised, Reiff looked solid the times I keyed in on him, and R. Lewis had a nice game for himself.

Also thought E. Brown had a nice night. Might be tough for him to make the team but hopefully if he keeps it up we can at least get trade value out of him.

If I'm the Lions I am leaning towards keeping just 2 QB's. Not sure how others feel about it but Kellen Moore does not look like an NFL QB.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Obviously it's pre-season so can't really draw much from the results but I was overall impressed with all our rookies. Bentley looked pretty much as advertised, Reiff looked solid the times I keyed in on him, and R. Lewis had a nice game for himself.

Also thought E. Brown had a nice night. Might be tough for him to make the team but hopefully if he keeps it up we can at least get trade value out of him.

If I'm the Lions I am leaning towards keeping just 2 QB's. Not sure how others feel about it but Kellen Moore does not look like an NFL QB.
agree. I'm hoping that Moore keeps doing what he's doing so we can put him on the ps. I doubt he will be claimed if we expose him to waivers
dmudd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up if you couldnt watch the game like me.....Its playing sunday 1am on nfl network get your dvrs readys
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
heh some of ya get alittle carried away with playing the browns.. OL is not going to look that good in the run dept. cleveland just stinks at stopping it. i liked the push tho and riley looked good, glad they played him at LT. Lovin the DEs right now but again hard to judge when playing the browns. little disappointed willie didnt play more,wanna see if he has the stamina..plus avril comin back takes snaps. logan gets a bad rap but he can do alot of different things..id keep him at rb before i would bell atm. battle for roster spots i see are at LBer..who stays and how many will we have to put ther.

While they may suck against the run guys like Reiff were VERY VERY good against NFL players for first time.

That is a good sign

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Go_LiOnS wrote:

While they may suck against the run guys like Reiff were VERY VERY good against NFL players for first time.

That is a good sign
i gave reiff his props...fox even looked oook. but as good as they looked cleveland looked that bad on the otherside. i dont even know who riley was blocking..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:

Very true, our rush defense is pretty poor. Plus the majority of our front seven didn't play in the game, so Reiff should have done well. As an educated fan, I will say temper the praise, the Browns run defense needs work. Laughing

CLE projected starting front 7 for 2012:

RDE - Sheard
DT - Taylor
DT - Rubin
LDE - Rucker
OLB - Fujita
MLB - Jackson
OLB - Cocong

Players from that list that actually played in that game:
Sheard
Rubin
Fujita

That being said, Reiff held his own against the competition. I wish we could say the same about our rookie tackle Mitchell Schwartz. The Lions have an impressive defensive line with some talented depth, that and the wide 9 defense rocked Schwartz.

I have read some of your threads, and you Detroit guys are alright.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone should make a new gdt. ravens in 5 days. TERRANCE CODY lol do they still got that guy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-watching this game. Doug Hogue is a big dude.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:

He's listed at 6'2" 235, pretty small for a LB. Maybe he put on weight in the offseason? He was drafted at about 227 IIRC.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

ManeLine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

He's listed at 6'2" 235, pretty small for a LB. Maybe he put on weight in the offseason? He was drafted at about 227 IIRC.

Quote:
Hogue checked in for the offseason training program in March over 6-foot-3 after being 6-foot-2 last season. The extra inch-and-a-half to his frame has also allowed Hogue to bulk up from 230 pounds -- his playing weight last year -- to 245 pounds.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/LB-Doug-Hogue-has-growth-spurt-expects-bigger-role-in-2012/8bc1c07d-7631-414b-8023-d6db36c1ea6a

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

Quote:
Hogue checked in for the offseason training program in March over 6-foot-3 after being 6-foot-2 last season. The extra inch-and-a-half to his frame has also allowed Hogue to bulk up from 230 pounds -- his playing weight last year -- to 245 pounds.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/LB-Doug-Hogue-has-growth-spurt-expects-bigger-role-in-2012/8bc1c07d-7631-414b-8023-d6db36c1ea6a

Laughing He grew an inch at age 23? Lucky bastard, I stopped growing at like age 14.

MrDrew wrote:

FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanFuller003 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

Quote:

Laughing He grew an inch at age 23? Lucky bastard, I stopped growing at like age 14.

11? Wink
SimsZilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
RyanFuller003 wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:

Quote:

11? Wink
i think men stop growing at 22. sooo i have a couple months still to grow lol

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: