Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Game 1- Cleveland Browns @ Detroit Lions 8/10/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Willie Young is going to play 120% of the snaps and dominate this game. He is so good he will be sacking the QB from the bench.

I think Everette Brown has a bigger impact this game then Willie Young. I like Young but think Brown may surprise

I am sure both will be great because it is just the system anyhow.

How about you keep this in the other thread. We don't need to see it everywhere.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
Willie Young is going to play 120% of the snaps and dominate this game. He is so good he will be sacking the QB from the bench.

I think Everette Brown has a bigger impact this game then Willie Young. I like Young but think Brown may surprise

I am sure both will be great because it is just the system anyhow.

How about you keep this in the other thread. We don't need to see it everywhere.

Avoided that mess for sure.

That thread went down the toilet.

So back to the game.

Reading that supplemental pick WR for Cleveland is slated for slot and Cribbs going back to special teams role only.

Do not kick to Cribbs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little excited.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Yes it is. Haven't you seen TL describe Avril's responsibilities? He has none, but to get to the QB. Every other aspect of defense is not his concern.

The DLine's assignment is exactly this: play the run on the way to the QB. I've said it time and time again, and the team has confirmed it. Their job is to shoot a gap and get to the QB. If the run is there, they're expected to play it.

That's the scheme. That's why it favors pass-rushing DEs: they aren't assigned to play the run, but make a play on the run if it's near their pass-rush.

Any other questions?

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
Yes it is. Haven't you seen TL describe Avril's responsibilities? He has none, but to get to the QB. Every other aspect of defense is not his concern.

The DLine's assignment is exactly this: play the run on the way to the QB. I've said it time and time again, and the team has confirmed it. Their job is to shoot a gap and get to the QB. If the run is there, they're expected to play it.

That's the scheme. That's why it favors pass-rushing DEs: they aren't assigned to play the run, but make a play on the run if it's near their pass-rush.

Any other questions?
Never asked one. Interrogations are your thing.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Any other questions?

You decided to bring me into this thread (not exactly sure why), so here I am. Everything I've said about the DLine's responsibilities is accurate. If you don't disagree, why bring it up with that sarcastic tone?

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Any other questions?

You decided to bring me into this thread (not exactly sure why), so here I am. Everything I've said about the DLine's responsibilities is accurate. If you don't disagree, why bring it up with that sarcastic tone?
stylish313 wrote:
All joking aside, our DL does neglect the run far too often. That has to be by design. I bet it wouldn't be that way if our secondary wasn't so damn putrid.
Far too sensitive TL. Let me go back to crying with joy, pre-season is only 10 days away!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Far too sensitive TL. Let me go back to crying with joy, pre-season is only 10 days away!

You seem like you aren't sure about the scheme. "Must be by design"? Yeah, it's by design... that's the scheme.

Not sensitive. Just trying to help; I understand if other fans criticize our players because they don't understand the scheme, but I'd hate for Lions' fans to do it themselves.

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

You seem like you aren't sure about the scheme. "Must be by design"? Yeah, it's by design... that's the scheme.

Not sensitive. Just trying to help; I understand if other fans criticize our players because they don't understand the scheme, but I'd hate for Lions' fans to do it themselves.
Haha, you're funny. You've seen me argue our scheme in the general forums, you damn well know, that I know the scheme.

Anyways, I'm so excited. This is just the beginning, but you've gotta start from somewhere. More than likely Backus and Avril will be scratched. That opens the door for key back-ups. Gotta love it.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how some of you guys can argue over close to nothing and turn it into 20+ pages.

Lets try to keep the crazy debate on the game at least. That's all I ask.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Haha, you're funny. You've seen me argue our scheme in the general forums, you damn well know, that I know the scheme.

I have?

Team Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
It amazes me how some of you guys can argue over close to nothing and turn it into 20+ pages.

Agreed.
stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

Sorry X d'oh!
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited about this game. It's like getting two draft classes in one since Leshoure and Fairley are getting some action to go with this years class. A lot of guys I am interested in seeing, mainly the young CBs and LBs. also very excited to see Titus with more experience and confidence.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see LeShoure and the Oklahoma Boys (Broyles, Lewis and Lewis). Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36

Jump to: