Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat_Fish_Billy wrote:
I just got my letter back from the Navy and said i cant join cause of my huge loss of hearing.. Bummed i was looking forward to it so much.. my dads dad n his dad ect. I really wanted to join. Sigh o well life goes on

Sorry to hear it, man.

CK on the sig
Kal-El

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

No it's for real. It's in case you go overboard in the ocean. It helps to identify you.

Interesting.

For me a big issue is my weight, or lack thereof. As is, I'm too light for Army or Marines.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

No it's for real. It's in case you go overboard in the ocean. It helps to identify you.

Interesting.

For me a big issue is my weight, or lack thereof. As is, I'm too light for Army or Marines.

Really? Ive never heard of someone being turned away for being too skinny.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Interesting.

The Air Force has minimums as well.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

Interesting.

The Air Force has minimums as well.

Yep looking it up now...wow. Packing on weight definitely isnt easy for some people. Im only like 158 myself.

Good luck Kal-El
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat_Fish_Billy wrote:
I just got my letter back from the Navy and said i cant join cause of my huge loss of hearing.. Bummed i was looking forward to it so much.. my dads dad n his dad ect. I really wanted to join. Sigh o well life goes on
Really they sent a letter? When I failed my hearing test at MEPS for the Army they told me right then and there that I couldn't enlist until I got a waiver(doubt any branch does any kind of waivers now).

Jamison. on the sig
Neumatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im so tired of being the only one at work for my section and having to do everything. Go to all these meetings one after another, QAQC trucks, PMCS my trucks, pick up vehicles that I don't have a license for(meaning I have to track down someone that does), and then to boot I get a text at 7:30pm asking about a truck Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall. Im tired of having to jump through my posterior every single day. Before two weeks ago no one in the company I support knew me but now I can't walk from one side of the MP to the other with out having to answer my phone or talk to the XO or one of the SGT's from their company and they almost always need something from me.

The E4 rant is now over and ill wake up tomorrow and do it all again and despise it even more Very Happy Laughing. Seriously though it wouldn't be so bad if I had a couple people helping me out so I wouldn't get bombarded with things everyday, thats what makes it stressful is being all go for every second of the day. I was in my office for about a total of 10 minutes today. Can't wait for everyone to get back Laughing

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Im so tired of being the only one at work for my section and having to do everything. Go to all these meetings one after another, QAQC trucks, PMCS my trucks, pick up vehicles that I don't have a license for(meaning I have to track down someone that does), and then to boot I get a text at 7:30pm asking about a truck Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall. Im tired of having to jump through my posterior every single day. Before two weeks ago no one in the company I support knew me but now I can't walk from one side of the MP to the other with out having to answer my phone or talk to the XO or one of the SGT's from their company and they almost always need something from me.

The E4 rant is now over and ill wake up tomorrow and do it all again and despise it even more Very Happy Laughing. Seriously though it wouldn't be so bad if I had a couple people helping me out so I wouldn't get bombarded with things everyday, thats what makes it stressful is being all go for every second of the day. I was in my office for about a total of 10 minutes today. Can't wait for everyone to get back Laughing

Doing more with less.... I know thats been the Air Force's motto for many years.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
VIKENATOR2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am meeting with an Air Force Recruiter next friday, and scored a 95 on the ASVAB exam my junior year (I graduate high school class of 2013). I am looking at the reserve for the most part and the ROTC program any advice/personal expieriences?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKENATOR2 wrote:
I am meeting with an Air Force Recruiter next friday, and scored a 95 on the ASVAB exam my junior year (I graduate high school class of 2013). I am looking at the reserve for the most part and the ROTC program any advice/personal expieriences?

What would you like to know? I've been in the Air Force since the year you were probably born. I have worked with the Reserves a little bit, but not much.

I can at least answer any questions you have about BMT and tech school... What career field are you thinking about getting into?

so shoot?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
VIKENATOR2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
VIKENATOR2 wrote:

What would you like to know? I've been in the Air Force since the year you were probably born. I have worked with the Reserves a little bit, but not much.

I can at least answer any questions you have about BMT and tech school... What career field are you thinking about getting into?
so shoot?

Right now I am looking at majors in civil engineering, math/statistics, and political science (which from what I have been told is that political science is almost a requirement to get into intelligence later on.
1. What did you do to get ready for Bmt?

2. What have you heard about the ROTC program?

3. When it comes to active vs. reserve what would suit me better (since I plan on getting my bachelor's degree)?

4. I would guess that the Air Force has treated you well if you are still in it any complaints or compliments while serving???

If you have any input on anything else that I may have missed I would greatly appreciate the input and thanks in advance.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Doing more with less.... I know thats been the Air Force's motto for many years.
Yep, and it continues. I got a break from the meetings today, but we had command inventories so it was far from a break. Going to be by my self tomorrow so hopefully there is no meetings as I have to dispatch a truck, change out an AC Compressor and get the AC charged. Hard to believe how these trucks are almost brand new and things break on them Evil or Very Mad

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKENATOR2 wrote:
1. What did you do to get ready for Bmt?

Nothing. I had just finished my second year of wrestling in college... I was in shape! Wink But I can tell you that you do our version of a PT test while in BMT which is push-ups, sit-ups, 1.5 mile run and waist measurement. You have to make the minimum requirements for your age which around 33 pushups, 40 situps, probably about 14-15 minute mile and a half, and any waist measurement over 39.5 is an automatic fail. But they probably do a lot of running and exercise during BMT.

2. What have you heard about the ROTC program?

Not much. I have worked with some officers who did ROTC, and they are great officers. But don't know much about it other than if you get in and pass everything when you get your degree you will be commissioned.

3. When it comes to active vs. reserve what would suit me better (since I plan on getting my bachelor's degree)?

Ehh, I can't say what would suit you better, obviously if you are in the Guard you would have more opportunity to go to school. But if you were active you would do BMT, then Tech School, then get to your first base. Most likely you will be enrolled in your Career Development Course and most places will not let you take classes until you finish that course. Could be a month or two or could be 6-9 months. Depends on the job. And depending on the job will depend if you are going TDY, or on deployments but you can always take online classes.

4. I would guess that the Air Force has treated you well if you are still in it any complaints or compliments while serving???

There are plenty of good and bad about the military. But for the most part I have enjoyed it. Its a comfortable life. The pay isn't great til you start making rank but your allowances for housing and food helps. Free medical and dental care is great. Great people, some great bases... I've enjoyed it. But I am sure plenty have had other experiences.

If you have any input on anything else that I may have missed I would greatly appreciate the input and thanks in advance.

Bolded... hit me up with any other questions you have.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
VIKENATOR2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again much appreciated Cool
iothar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from Sea. 23 days of ORSE. I thought it was easy and even though I don't have responsibilities that compare to most, not many people work that hard... People need to nut up and work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: