You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
theKing wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Why?

his name is Pogue

Guess I am slow but explain to me why that is funny? I am guessing its from a movie... but the name escapes me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogue

Live like you're down 3-1
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
theKing wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Why?

his name is Pogue

Guess I am slow but explain to me why that is funny? I am guessing its from a movie... but the name escapes me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogue

OOOOHHH OK....

In the AF we call people not involved in flying operations as Nonners... so yeah if I saw a pic of an Airman Nonner I would LMAO!!! Smile
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congress passes bill to force reinstatement of tuition assistance

http://www.stripes.com/news/congress-passes-bill-to-force-reinstatement-of-tuition-assistance-1.212706#.UU9pTBb3_ao.facebook

Quote:
WASHINGTON Congress will force military officials to reinstate tuition assistance funding for the rest of the fiscal year after troops and veterans protested the end of the education benefit.

On Wednesday, the Senate included the tuition assistance rules as part of their plan to fund federal programs through September. On Thursday, the House agreed with the proposal, and the president is expected to sign it into law in coming days.

Congress had until March 27 to pass a new budget bill or risk a government shutdown. But the tuition assistance provision was a surprise for supporters of the education benefit, since partisan infighting seemed to shelve the idea earlier in the week.

Looks like its back... at least until the end of the fiscal year
Neumatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess there still is people that care. Definitely good news.

Jamison. on the sig
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone inform me on the Marine Corp Reserve. I'm 19. Go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone here ever been stationed at RAF Lakenheath? I PCS there in a few weeks and would love to hear any advice/opinions on the different towns to live in. As of now we are leaning towards Bury St. Edmunds, but who knows what we will feel once we actually get there and check everything out first hand.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Has anyone here ever been stationed at RAF Lakenheath? I PCS there in a few weeks and would love to hear any advice/opinions on the different towns to live in. As of now we are leaning towards Bury St. Edmunds, but who knows what we will feel once we actually get there and check everything out first hand.

Never been but I have friends that have been stationed there and they love it. No advice on the towns though.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Never been but I have friends that have been stationed there and they love it. No advice on the towns though.

Yea, I have yet to hear anything bad about that place. Heavy deployment tempo, but otherwise all great reviews.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, monday I find out if my best friend gets into the army or not
He'll be the last to go, other two good friends already left (one army, one air force) leaving pretty much just me behind.
If he gets into the Army, think I'm going to enlist in the air force. My mom might strangle me to death, but I think it's the right thing to do.
Moved away from home to go to school, currently in my second semester, and I'm feeling pretty done here. Grades are good, but I'm just really unhappy with my life all around. Had a group of friends out here, things fell apart. My best friend leaving would essentially leave just me in this town. Figure I'll do my 4 years and if I don't like it I'll get out and use the GI Bill for the rest of my schooling, finish out my degree, and hopefully at some point figure out what career I want to go into.
here we go

I hate the Jaguars
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
He'll be the last to go, other two good friends already left (one army, one air force) leaving pretty much just me behind.
If he gets into the Army, think I'm going to enlist in the air force. My mom might strangle me to death, but I think it's the right thing to do.
Moved away from home to go to school, currently in my second semester, and I'm feeling pretty done here. Grades are good, but I'm just really unhappy with my life all around. Had a group of friends out here, things fell apart. My best friend leaving would essentially leave just me in this town. Figure I'll do my 4 years and if I don't like it I'll get out and use the GI Bill for the rest of my schooling, finish out my degree, and hopefully at some point figure out what career I want to go into.
here we go

I was the same way... did 2 years of college (mostly wrestled) didn't know what career I wanted to pursue so I joined the Air Force 20 years, and 5 days ago. Will be officially retired Feb 1st!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not trying to delve into the politics, but I find it disgusting and unacceptable that we spend a half a trillion dollars a year on defense and they're trying to cut troops and benefits like they can't afford to feed, house and take care of the ones that do/did the actual fighting.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
I am not trying to delve into the politics, but I find it disgusting and unacceptable that we spend a half a trillion dollars a year on defense and they're trying to cut troops and benefits like they can't afford to feed, house and take care of the ones that do/did the actual fighting.

Agreed... but that is not what this thread is for, and we will not talk politics in the forum.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
here we go

I was the same way... did 2 years of college (mostly wrestled) didn't know what career I wanted to pursue so I joined the Air Force 20 years, and 5 days ago. Will be officially retired Feb 1st!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck

hot damn, congrats on your near retirement!
Yeah I've done a loooooooooot of research but if I have anything specific to ask I'll come to you.
thanks!

I hate the Jaguars
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, been a long time since this thread had surfaced. I remember I started the first one almost 7 years ago when I joined the Army.

I'm almost finished with the National Guard part of my contract. I have about 15 months left and then I'm scott free. I get to go to NTC again this smear for my AT though. Mad definitely not looking forward to that, once was enough.

Joining the Army was probably the best thing ive done. So many positive things came from me joining the Army. Eye surgery, ear surgery, wisdom teeth all taken care of while I was in. The people I met and served with were amazing, made plenty of life long friends that I consider my brothers. Helped me get my first job after I got out of active duty and now it has really helped me a lot. I just used my GI Bill to pay for truck driving school so I could get my CDL. Turns out I'll even be able to use it at the company I work for now for their apprentiship program and be able to draw from the GI Bill on top of my pay check (also get some more certifications along the way).

I'll tell you what, if your not sure where your going in life and need a direction the military is a fantastic option. As JD said if you have any questions ask there is a ton of veterans on this board on top of the people in your own community. Good luck in your decision, hope everything works out for you.

Jamison. on the sig
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Wow, been a long time since this thread had surfaced. I remember I started the first one almost 7 years ago when I joined the Army.

I'm almost finished with the National Guard part of my contract. I have about 15 months left and then I'm scott free. I get to go to NTC again this smear for my AT though. Mad definitely not looking forward to that, once was enough.

Joining the Army was probably the best thing ive done. So many positive things came from me joining the Army. Eye surgery, ear surgery, wisdom teeth all taken care of while I was in. The people I met and served with were amazing, made plenty of life long friends that I consider my brothers. Helped me get my first job after I got out of active duty and now it has really helped me a lot. I just used my GI Bill to pay for truck driving school so I could get my CDL. Turns out I'll even be able to use it at the company I work for now for their apprentiship program and be able to draw from the GI Bill on top of my pay check (also get some more certifications along the way).

I'll tell you what, if your not sure where your going in life and need a direction the military is a fantastic option. As JD said if you have any questions ask there is a ton of veterans on this board on top of the people in your own community. Good luck in your decision, hope everything works out for you.

I think I remember that! LoL. Dang, were old.

I dont think a vet out there can stress that enough. If you are sitting around with no idea what to do or how to do it, and need to find a little discipline and a little direction, or you just want to get paid while you figure it out, the military is for you. Good pay. Good benefits. You meet some great people you will consider lifelong friends. You will have some crazy times. Some real adventures. Women will love you. You can travel. Get money for college. It goes on and on. It's really an underrated avenue for a young adult trying to get his or her stuff together. And who knows, you may find you really like it and become a lifer. You have absolutely no idea what a federal retirement at 40 means. You just have no idea.

I'm not saying its all peaches and cream. But, more than anything I have ever been involved in, the military is one of those "you get out of it what you put into it" kinda pursuits.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: