Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RatherBeHuntin'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
289 on my last PFT. 20 pullups, 100 crunches, 19:45 3 mile run. That friggin run Mad

Anyways I have to go meet with the CO for the Baltimore recruiting station. I hope it goes well

Best I ever got was 18:14. Never could get that perfect score but I tried hard. I think I puked every single time too. To make matters worse we had a couple guys in my company that would consistently run around 17 and seem like they weren't even trying. Sooo frustrating.

Holy hell that's bookin. Usually guys that are running that fast are getting like 12-13 pullups though. I try to take consolation in that Laughing

Haha, yeah but there's always one or two freaks that make everyone else feel like dirt bags.

I always just hung my hat on distance. Long runs were always easier for me than most. When I was in ISLC we did some pretty rough PT sessions and I always seemed to make out better than most (except for the few times when I was hungover, miserable).
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Well after sacrificing 3 1/2 long but yet quick years I am now done with active duty. Its been a fun ride and I met some great people that I am glad to have served with. Im excited to end this chapter of my life and move on to hopefully bigger and better things.

For those that have and are currently serving from one service member to another I thank you for your sacrifice, I will always have a special place in my thoughts for every service member. And for those that can make it the whole 20 years with out going to the nutt house, you impress me Laughing.

Now its time to pack and go see some friends before I leave Dancing

Its crazy dude.

Seems just like the other day I was talking to you about first getting in....crazy how time flies.

Although thats how it was with me too. Hell, its hard to believe its been 6 1/2 years since I left active duty.

Best of luck with whatever you do next!
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Its crazy dude.

Seems just like the other day I was talking to you about first getting in....crazy how time flies.

Although thats how it was with me too. Hell, its hard to believe its been 6 1/2 years since I left active duty.

Best of luck with whatever you do next!

Agreed, it sure does fly by. 4 years ago I was a dumb highschool kid that didn't want to go to college and now I am married, have a nice car, nice place to live and college is in the near future. Laughing

Glad I did it but even more glad its over with. Thank you for the kind wishes and good luck to yourself.

Jamison. on the sig
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen on a few of my friends facebooks that the Army is doing away with Tuition Assistance(at very least for the rest of this fiscal year), they have until today at 1700 to be enrolled in a class in order to get TA for that class. To be honest Im surprised that it even lasted this long, it was only a matter of time before it went under. Sucks for those that use it to better their career and their future though. Going to make it even harder for those that need to get the max promotion points to get promoted.

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Seen on a few of my friends facebooks that the Army is doing away with Tuition Assistance(at very least for the rest of this fiscal year), they have until today at 1700 to be enrolled in a class in order to get TA for that class. To be honest Im surprised that it even lasted this long, it was only a matter of time before it went under. Sucks for those that use it to better their career and their future though. Going to make it even harder for those that need to get the max promotion points to get promoted.

Don't buy it Neu.... we've heard nothing about this happening. I enrolled a week ago and we've not once been briefed on this or any changes to TA. A lot of over reactions going on with the budget issues.

They would not do it for the Army only and not the other branches.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Don't buy it Neu.... we've heard nothing about this happening. I enrolled a week ago and we've not once been briefed on this or any changes to TA. A lot of over reactions going on with the budget issues.

Doesn't effect me either way, Im going off my GI Bill for school Very Happy. But more then one of my friends have been given this information on their TA. Hopefully for their sake its just smoke up their posterior but either way I don't see it lasting too much longer.

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Doesn't effect me either way, Im going off my GI Bill for school Very Happy. But more then one of my friends have been given this information on their TA. Hopefully for their sake its just smoke up their posterior but either way I don't see it lasting too much longer.

They might reduce it (when I came in it was 75%) but they will not eliminate it.

Too big of a recruiting tool. Plus in the AF to make E-8 its a pre-req to have your CCAF at a minimum and they can't expect you to come fully out of pocket for something that is required.

But I only have 1 class left for my BS so don't bother me too much.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected...

Quote:
Army Students: As of 1700 EST today, you will no longer be able to apply for Tuition Assistance. Log into GoArmy Ed immediately to sign up for all classes you would like to take in the next 60 days. All approved GAE will be honored, as long as it is submitted prior to 1700 EST today!
Air Force Students: Currently they have not halted Air Force TA. However, we strongly encourage you to apply for TA for all courses you would like to take in the next 60 days immediately.
Marine Students: TA has already been suspended. You are currently ineligible to apply for tuition assistance. You can use your GI Bill, scholarships, financial aid, or self-pay to continue your education. Please contact our office if you'd like any assistance.
Navy Students: Currently there are no changes to Navy TA. However, we strongly encourage you to apply for TA for all courses you would like to take in the next 60 days immediately!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

293 on my last PFT Cool Feeling pretty good about my chances of getting selected. It's for a reservist spot, but I'll take what I can get
RatherBeHuntin'

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
I stand corrected...

Quote:
Army Students: As of 1700 EST today, you will no longer be able to apply for Tuition Assistance. Log into GoArmy Ed immediately to sign up for all classes you would like to take in the next 60 days. All approved GAE will be honored, as long as it is submitted prior to 1700 EST today!
Air Force Students: Currently they have not halted Air Force TA. However, we strongly encourage you to apply for TA for all courses you would like to take in the next 60 days immediately.
Marine Students: TA has already been suspended. You are currently ineligible to apply for tuition assistance. You can use your GI Bill, scholarships, financial aid, or self-pay to continue your education. Please contact our office if you'd like any assistance.
Navy Students: Currently there are no changes to Navy TA. However, we strongly encourage you to apply for TA for all courses you would like to take in the next 60 days immediately!

Of course...I swear, USMC always getting the short end. Doesn't really affect me as I'm out and using the GI Bill but it still ticks me off.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me laugh way more than it should have.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Why?

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
theKing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Why?

his name is Pogue
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theKing wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Why?

his name is Pogue

Guess I am slow but explain to me why that is funny? I am guessing its from a movie... but the name escapes me.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
I stand corrected...

Quote:

Of course...I swear, USMC always getting the short end. Doesn't really affect me as I'm out and using the GI Bill but it still ticks me off.

Well its officially cancelled for the Air Force!

Thankfully I already applied for a class that starts end of the month. I need 1 more after that for my Bachelors so I can either use my GI Bill or pay $750.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: