Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
This is one of his things...

"Trust me, I'm military."

Try having multiple family members from 3 generations who attended Annapolis are were/are career officers. They are all very smart, and actually I like all 5 of them, but the way our family talks about them is Confused

"what is the best web site to book flights on?"
"oh, ask jon, he'll know"
"he will?"
"well, he went to annapolis and stuff"

Thanks mother...
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packrules7896 wrote:
Nice! For ets or pcs?!

Ive been in for three years and have two more years. Cant come quick enough! I absolutely hate my MOS (infantry). Deployment was cool, thats about it. I did kinda screw myself though, not just by chosing this mos lol, but I signed an IPCOT to do another tour with my unit. 2 cavalry regiment.....biggest joke of a unit. I do love Europe and have traveled to many awesome countries, but damn, im ready for it to be over haha!

ETS Dancing

Although I will still be a weekend warrior. Evil or Very Mad But my aunt did offer to pay back my bonus so I wouldn't have to do reserves but I feel that it would be better spent towards a house. Don't tell my wife but ill volunteer for the first deployment I can. Laughing

I hate my MOS as well, even though I've never done my MOS. I just hate mechanics in the military in general. I enjoyed convoy security and PSD during my deployment. Will be reclassing in the National Guard once I get to my unit. Too far of a drive to my unit and all the reclasses available when I talked to the reserves was just as far away, if not farther. Perhaps ill pick something I will like. Laughing

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Gonna go to school with dat GI Bill?

That's the plan. Haven't decided what Ill go for yet. Figured Ill go home chill for a couple months and then get a job and get into a college by fall. Thinking either some kind of Engineering or Finance. Good thing I don't hate math right?

Jamison. on the sig
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Neu and thanks for your service! Hope the Reserves will be a better experience for you.

I hit my 17th Anniv in a few days.... 3 more to go!!!

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
packrules7896 wrote:
Nice! For ets or pcs?!

Ive been in for three years and have two more years. Cant come quick enough! I absolutely hate my MOS (infantry). Deployment was cool, thats about it. I did kinda screw myself though, not just by chosing this mos lol, but I signed an IPCOT to do another tour with my unit. 2 cavalry regiment.....biggest joke of a unit. I do love Europe and have traveled to many awesome countries, but damn, im ready for it to be over haha!

ETS Dancing

Although I will still be a weekend warrior. Evil or Very Mad But my aunt did offer to pay back my bonus so I wouldn't have to do reserves but I feel that it would be better spent towards a house. Don't tell my wife but ill volunteer for the first deployment I can. Laughing

I hate my MOS as well, even though I've never done my MOS. I just hate mechanics in the military in general. I enjoyed convoy security and PSD during my deployment. Will be reclassing in the National Guard once I get to my unit. Too far of a drive to my unit and all the reclasses available when I talked to the reserves was just as far away, if not farther. Perhaps ill pick something I will like. Laughing

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Gonna go to school with dat GI Bill?

That's the plan. Haven't decided what Ill go for yet. Figured Ill go home chill for a couple months and then get a job and get into a college by fall. Thinking either some kind of Engineering or Finance. Good thing I don't hate math right?

You did it right Neu. Congrats on everything. Hopefully in 6 months I'll be an O-1. Gotta earn my commission again but oh well Laughing
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this isnt the military but has anyone had any experience with the peace corps or know anything about it.

Thinking about doing it but I am not sure if its super competitive, how it is when you are aboard, if its all its hyped up to be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
You did it right Neu. Congrats on everything. Hopefully in 6 months I'll be an O-1. Gotta earn my commission again but oh well Laughing

Thanks, good luck getting commissioned. If I would have known what I do now I would have went to college, got a degree and tried to get commissioned. Then again who knows if I would have had the right mindset to make it through college at the time.

JDLefebvre wrote:
Congrats Neu and thanks for your service! Hope the Reserves will be a better experience for you.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I hope its better, but even if it isn't 2 days a month and 2 weeks out of the summer is nothing. Be nice if I didn't have it but at worst I get cheap health care for me and my wife.

Congratulations on hitting 17 years. I told myself if I made it to 8 or more years there was no turning back. Good luck with the next 3 years and enjoy your retirement when you get there.

I find it funny that the Military thread was started by me when I signed up. Time flys by pretty quick in the military. Got a lot of things to catch up on when I get home. And best part about today? My last day of work. I pick up my clearing papers tomorrow. Sign out on the 25th for 79 days of terminal leave. Very Happy

Jamison. on the sig
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Thanks, good luck getting commissioned. If I would have known what I do now I would have went to college, got a degree and tried to get commissioned. Then again who knows if I would have had the right mindset to make it through college at the time.

JDLefebvre wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I hope its better, but even if it isn't 2 days a month and 2 weeks out of the summer is nothing. Be nice if I didn't have it but at worst I get cheap health care for me and my wife.

Congratulations on hitting 17 years. I told myself if I made it to 8 or more years there was no turning back. Good luck with the next 3 years and enjoy your retirement when you get there.

I find it funny that the Military thread was started by me when I signed up. Time flys by pretty quick in the military. Got a lot of things to catch up on when I get home. And best part about today? My last day of work. I pick up my clearing papers tomorrow. Sign out on the 25th for 79 days of terminal leave. Very Happy

I got exposed to the U.S. Marines in college and honestly it's the only thing I really took away from my school Laughing I think the officer route is the way to go, but an officer is nothing without his enlisted personnel. I really think you're setting yourself up for long-term success. You're a whole lot different from the average 18 year old wide eyed freshman.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just did a quick inventory of the things im turning in. Got everything except 2 pairs of goggles. Where they went is a damn good question, that will never be answered. Hopefully supply has some I can get, id really rather not pay for them.

Gonna be a busy weekend cleaning everything, turn it in monday. Very Happy

Jamison. on the sig
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
just did a quick inventory of the things im turning in. Got everything except 2 pairs of goggles. Where they went is a damn good question, that will never be answered. Hopefully supply has some I can get, id really rather not pay for them.

Gonna be a busy weekend cleaning everything, turn it in monday. Very Happy

I had to find a gas mask to turn before I got out. Luckily one of my co-workers had an extra one. I just played dumb when the serial numbers didn't match. Laughing
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
I had to find a gas mask to turn before I got out. Luckily one of my co-workers had an extra one. I just played dumb when the serial numbers didn't match. Laughing

Same here. But me and my friend have....acquired many things over the past few years to include some extra promasks Laughing. But no serial numbers, so size is the only thing I have to worry about.

Jamison. on the sig
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after sacrificing 3 1/2 long but yet quick years I am now done with active duty. Its been a fun ride and I met some great people that I am glad to have served with. Im excited to end this chapter of my life and move on to hopefully bigger and better things.

For those that have and are currently serving from one service member to another I thank you for your sacrifice, I will always have a special place in my thoughts for every service member. And for those that can make it the whole 20 years with out going to the nutt house, you impress me Laughing.

Now its time to pack and go see some friends before I leave Dancing

Jamison. on the sig
packrules7896

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im currently in WLC at the 7th NCOA, getting promoted to sergeant next month. 3 years with my current unit, two left. I think im going to drop a recruiting packet to get out of here.

Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

289 on my last PFT. 20 pullups, 100 crunches, 19:45 3 mile run. That friggin run Mad

Anyways I have to go meet with the CO for the Baltimore recruiting station. I hope it goes well
RatherBeHuntin'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
289 on my last PFT. 20 pullups, 100 crunches, 19:45 3 mile run. That friggin run Mad

Anyways I have to go meet with the CO for the Baltimore recruiting station. I hope it goes well

Best I ever got was 18:14. Never could get that perfect score but I tried hard. I think I puked every single time too. To make matters worse we had a couple guys in my company that would consistently run around 17 and seem like they weren't even trying. Sooo frustrating.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RatherBeHuntin' wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Best I ever got was 18:14. Never could get that perfect score but I tried hard. I think I puked every single time too. To make matters worse we had a couple guys in my company that would consistently run around 17 and seem like they weren't even trying. Sooo frustrating.

Holy hell that's bookin. Usually guys that are running that fast are getting like 12-13 pullups though. I try to take consolation in that Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: