Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Military II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neumatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Any advice on how to get my pullups and running up to snuff? After student teaching for the past 5 months, I've slacked on working out.
Have you thought about running and doing pullups? Wink

sorry, had to Laughing. Congrats though.

Jamison. on the sig
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I posted in here that I applied for Navy OCS, but I decided to back off and do more research because I wanted to be fully committed to something.

Well, I just passed the interview phase for Marine OCS. Pending my eyes check out since I had LASIK a handful of years ago, I'm going to shoot for aviation.

Any advice on how to get my pullups and running up to snuff? After student teaching for the past 5 months, I've slacked on working out.

Im a Marine OCS grad, if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer em for you.

I just ran a PFT in late September. I got a 288 with the crunches and pullups maxed out. Ran so hard I threw up everywhere when I finished. Good times Laughing
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Have you thought about running and doing pullups? Wink

sorry, had to Laughing. Congrats though.

You sound like my old PTI Mad
Neumatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:

Well im glad to bring back some memories. Wink

How long is your guys' run for your PFT? The Armys is 2 miles and what iv found that helps the most for me is 60x120's and attacking hills. 60x120's help alot with breathing and the hills help your muscles from fatigue.

Jamison. on the sig
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I posted in here that I applied for Navy OCS, but I decided to back off and do more research because I wanted to be fully committed to something.

Well, I just passed the interview phase for Marine OCS. Pending my eyes check out since I had LASIK a handful of years ago, I'm going to shoot for aviation.

Im a Marine OCS grad, if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer em for you.

I just ran a PFT in late September. I got a 288 with the crunches and pullups maxed out. Ran so hard I threw up everywhere when I finished. Good times Laughing

Oh man... I'm gonna have so many questions eventually, I'm sure. I'm shooting for pilot, though I don't really want the F-18. Prefer helicopter. First thing is getting my eyes checked out because I had LASIK and they need to check how thick my cornea is.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

How long is your guys' run for your PFT? The Armys is 2 miles and what iv found that helps the most for me is 60x120's and attacking hills. 60x120's help alot with breathing and the hills help your muscles from fatigue.

I've gotta be able to do 3 miles in 18 minutes for a perfect score and minimum was a 23:00 I think. Or 24, not sure.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

This goes for any of you as I assume it's the same in every branch, but do people look down on officers that only went through OCS that weren't part of enlisted before or NROTC/ROTC in college? I've heard both.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
This goes for any of you as I assume it's the same in every branch, but do people look down on officers that only went through OCS that weren't part of enlisted before or NROTC/ROTC in college? I've heard both.
From my experience, it doesn't really matter. Iv liked officers that were prior enlisted and ones that weren't. Its all about how you treat your soldiers. From Officer to Officer I obviously have no idea how they view each other.

But we as enlisted look down to all officers, even though they make more money then us. Wink

Jamison. on the sig
theKing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

It depends on the type of officer you are, if you realize you have alot less time in serivce than the NCO's under you and you are open to there advice, you will get alot more respect. But soldiers will still consider your "just a butterbar".
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I mean being a mustang definitely helps your credibility, but if you're good at your job, you listen to your NCOs, and you don't act like your God's gift because you're an O-1, you'll be fine.

You shooting for the June 2013 class titans? If you are I might see you there.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:

3 miles. It's pretty tough if you run it fast. I hate running Laughing

Hills are the best kind of training. Training on hills consistently really makes you fly over the even surface.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I mean being a mustang definitely helps your credibility, but if you're good at your job, you listen to your NCOs, and you don't act like your God's gift because you're an O-1, you'll be fine.

You shooting for the June 2013 class titans? If you are I might see you there.

Hopefully I'll be submitted for the June selection boards. Wouldn't leave until October.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick up my clearing papers in 9 days

Surprised Smile Very Happy Dancing

Jamison. on the sig
packrules7896

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:

Nice! For ets or pcs?!

Ive been in for three years and have two more years. Cant come quick enough! I absolutely hate my MOS (infantry). Deployment was cool, thats about it. I did kinda screw myself though, not just by chosing this mos lol, but I signed an IPCOT to do another tour with my unit. 2 cavalry regiment.....biggest joke of a unit. I do love Europe and have traveled to many awesome countries, but damn, im ready for it to be over haha!

Jamison. on the sig! thanks man!

What does the fox say?
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:

Gonna go to school with dat GI Bill?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: