Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KIG's Training Camp Reports : Day 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Just curious what your expectations are for the season. I know it's early but any info would be appreciated.

I read the report on Bradford. It's early but still an area for concern. Hopefully he can get back in his groove.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Hey guys,

Just curious what your expectations are for the season. I know it's early but any info would be appreciated.

I read the report on Bradford. It's early but still an area for concern. Hopefully he can get back in his groove.

I expect 6 wins next season, anymore is a bonus. All we want is a competitive team all 4 quarters.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Not trying to call you out at all KIG, love the writeup and Pics, But between the Tweet by Jim Trotter, and this post on TST they seem to contradict alot of what you are saying about Sammy so far.

And I don't disagree with what they are saying (to an extent). I'm not necessarily saying that Bradford is doing poorly, but I have a few issues with that TST article:

TurfShowTimes wrote:
Sam did throw a few picks in practice, but nothing to worry about as on one his receiver allowed the CB to get position on him, and on another Darian Stewart made a tremendous play on the ball.

Stewart did make a pretty nice play on the ball, but it was a very poor decision by Bradford. I remember the play very vividly, I was literally sitting right in front of the INT. Amendola (I believe) was running a deep go route. Stewart had the responsibility of taking away the deep throw as the Rams defense was in the Cover 2. Bradford made a nice looking throw in terms of the spin, but it was a very poor decision to make that throw as Stewart had the angle on the ball. It was a fairly easy pick that 75% of safeties in the NFL probably would have made.

TurfShowTimes wrote:
His pocket awareness seems to be decent, with not a lot of signs of "happy feet", even though the Oline is being pushed back consistently by Dline. I expect this to even out a bit more as pads come on and the linemen can anchor, as Coach Fisher pointed out to Jim Thomas.

Interior O-Line was getting dominated, so I give Sam a bit of a break.. But his accuracy was not great when he was pressured a little bit and the batted ball issue is still relevant.

TurfShowTimes wrote:
It is clear that Sam has spent much time working with his receivers, as the timing of his passes is quite good for the third day of training camp. His awareness of where his checkdowns are is noticeable, an area of improvement for him. Specifically, Steven Jackson and Isaiah Pead were safety valves, with Lance Kendricks also seeing some zone looks.

I agree with this one. When there was little to no pressure, Sam was lighting it up. In my write-up, I spoke about how Bradford killed in 7 on 7's and showed all the tools to be a great QB when faced with no pressure. His arm strength and accuracy were impressive.

My NFL Draft Thread
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I didn't get to see the practice today, so I couldn't give you an accurate account of Day 3. Just 1 and 2.

My NFL Draft Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: