Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DCRA FANTASY FOOTBALL 2012: A62 IS FORUM SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ht, doing this the first day of training camp was definitely the right move. Great participation so far and we still have a slew of vets who have yet to sign up.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
ht, doing this the first day of training camp was definitely the right move. Great participation so far and we still have a slew of vets who have yet to sign up.

I will now shamelessly take all the credit. Smile

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, as people continue to sign up... please think about the logistics of doing the fantasy draft in here instead of on yahoo.

I think it would be a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. But, like most of you, I'm also sick of guys not showing up for draft night. It would be a new twist and we've got a month to figure it out.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Guys, as people continue to sign up... please think about the logistics of doing the fantasy draft in here instead of on yahoo.

I think it would be a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. But, like most of you, I'm also sick of guys not showing up for draft night. It would be a new twist and we've got a month to figure it out.

I'm in and prefer it be here vs Yahoo - 24hr windows may still work with ~6 weeks left

Sig courtesy of mack.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

1. I def agree with it here.

It means people wont miss picks.

It means we can generate more discussions. I approve.

I also recommend ESPN over Yahoo. Live Scoring FTW

In Redball I Trust!
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I'm in and prefer it be here vs Yahoo - 24hr windows may still work with ~6 weeks left

How would points and stat tracking work on here? Seems like a LOT of work. Even having someone make the whole draft up on Yahoo after the fact would be an undue burden on some poor soul.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

How would points and stat tracking work on here? Seems like a LOT of work. Even having someone make the whole draft up on Yahoo after the fact would be an undue burden on some poor soul.

I think he means just DRAFT players here. And then add them to an online roster on Yahoo or some fantasy network.

In Redball I Trust!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

yahoo now has live scoring (and I'm pretty sure they did last year too).

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I think he means just DRAFT players here. And then add them to an online roster on Yahoo or some fantasy network.

that's correct.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Sad

But ESPN is so much sexier. Ian gets me.

In Redball I Trust!
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Still seems like a lot of work for someone. Unless there's some way we can all upload our own rosters, but then you run into the bigger issue of whole teams of players missing when someone doesn't upload it.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Still seems like a lot of work for someone. Unless there's some way we can all upload our own rosters, but then you run into the bigger issue of whole teams of players missing when someone doesn't upload it.

It really isnt that bad. I host a live draft with a few buddies every year. I write down every pick and then manually "draft" players for everyone once we finish our live draft. Takes me about an hour to do it while watching TV and looking up pictures of Matts wife.

In Redball I Trust!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Ace5 wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

that's when teams get the boot from the league and endlessly ridiculed and tormented... cyber bulling at its finest.

Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts wife? Cyber bullying?

I retract all concerns. This is in good hands.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Sad

But ESPN is so much sexier. Ian gets me.

I've already got the leagues set up on yahoo. But, that doesn't mean we can't change it. Does ESPN allow the championship game to be in week 15? That would actually resolve one of our most pressing issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 3 of 71

Jump to: