Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Season Week 2 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Tampa Buccaneers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Pre-Season Week 2 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Tampa Buccaneers Reply with quote





Where: Raymond James Stadium

When: Fri August 17th

Kickoff: 7:30pm EST

NFLN Replay: Sunday Aug 19th 10am EST

I know its a day or 2 early but where the news of Locker starting this game has just been announced its gonna create alot of excitement. So here we go PreSeason game number 2 whats everyone looking foward too? I know this could very much be the game that makes Locker the starter. Offensivly of course i wanna see Locker. i also want to see the run game get going with CJ he really needs to get going. Defensivly i want to see more of the same from last week the D-Line CBs and more of Zach Brown he seemed to do real good vs Seattle so we'll see i guess. But if Locker wants to start he better proove it this week. i want him to lead 2 or 3 TOUCHDOWN drives not FG's. Cant wait this QB competition seems legit iv been bad mouthing Munch all offseason saying its toung an cheek with him but hes giving Locker a legit shot it seems
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I'm looking forward to:

Locker getting enough reps to establish a rhythm.

DEs doing... anything positive.

McCarthy knocking somebody into next week.

Any RB taking what he's given, moving forward, and not killing drives. CJ and Harper are both guilty of this.

More Kendal Wright, especially with Jake throwing to him.

The offense stretching the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Things I'm looking forward to:

Locker getting enough reps to establish a rhythm.

DEs doing... anything positive.

McCarthy knocking somebody into next week.

Any RB taking what he's given, moving forward, and not killing drives. CJ and Harper are both guilty of this.

More Kendal Wright, especially with Jake throwing to him.

The offense stretching the field.


I wish Cook would be the guy to help with this but i dont know if its the play calling or what but it never happens. But Wrights looking like any distance between him an a CB hes gonna get a ton of yac yards this year
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Titans_31


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 246
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They announced that locker will start this game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23260
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Pass-Rush Improvement - Wimbley wasn't bad against the Hawks but he was kind of invisible. Ayers looked to blitz more but didn't see enough.

2.) McCarthy knocking the F out of Blount.

3.) The O-Line run blocking like a real line.

4.) CJ not dropping the ball and showing alot more than last week

5.) Run D improving - Just cut Smith already

6.) Locker taking control of this competition and being named the starter by the following week.

7.) Campbell playing better than last week.

8.) RJ knocking fools flat like against the Hawks. It's been forever since we've had a safety or any player than can lay the wood.

9.) Kendall Wright - He's definately got big play ability. I want to see him more with Locker where I know they'll both thrive 2gether.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Titans fan 617


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 9856
Location: BeanTown
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs offense is a good test for the Titans. Historically we struggled against V-Jax and the Bucs have a pretty good 2 headed monster. So very interested to see how the Titans defense does
_________________

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
*2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-Season Week 2 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Tampa Buccanee Reply with quote

I know its a day or 2 early but where the news of Locker starting this game has just been announced its gonna create alot of excitement. So here we go PreSeason game number 2 whats everyone looking foward too? I know this could very much be the game that makes Locker the starter. Offensivly of course i wanna see Locker. i also want to see the run game get going with CJ he really needs to get going. Defensivly i want to see more of the same from last week the D-Line CBs and more of Zach Brown he seemed to do real good vs Seattle so we'll see i guess. But if Locker wants to start he better proove it this week. i want him to lead 2 or 3 TOUCHDOWN drives not FG's. Cant wait this QB competition seems legit iv been bad mouthing Munch all offseason saying its toung an cheek with him but hes giving Locker a legit shot it seems[/quote]

He suuuurre did Laughing Cool [/quote]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
T1TANS f4n LIFE


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 1674
Location: Manchester, TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ OP No offense, but while you always offer great insight and enthusiastic posts, reading them makes me want to pull my hair out...

Looking forward to the game. A few things i'll be looking for :

- Locker continuing to show he has what it takes. Just an exciting guy to watch. While he has been great, I will be looking for improvement from him in the red zone.

- McCarthy flying all over the field and making more plays. This guy is legit!

- Kluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug! I'd love to see him develop into an every down DT by improving upon his run stopping ability. He made a great play on Turbin that flashed his potential in that area. I think this guy will lead our team in sacks again this year, even with the signing of Wimbley.

- Improvement from Tommie Campbell. Was a bit disappointed by his play. Great on ST's per usual, but looking for a little more from him at corner. Made a couple good tackles on defense, and I think with some more real game experience he will learn to play the ball better in jump situations. It was a great play by the veteran Edwards at any rate.

- I'm impressed by Kendall Wright. I'll be looking for consistency and more flashes of his YAC ability.

- Chris Johnson, please be DECISIVE. We can't afford to have you losing 2 or 3 yards on every other carry. He had a great run on his 2nd or 3rd carry of the game that showed he clearly still has his quickness and speed. I'm looking for him to hit the hole consistently. 1-5 yards a pop.. just make it a positive, CJ.
_________________
[Sig by Sandwhich]
XBL: SupeR TIT4N
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FIVESTARTITAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 19503
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably won't watch this game at all due to college orientation activities (I imagine I won't be on FF a whole lot for the next week or so), which is too bad because I'd REALLY like to see How Locker does with the 1s. I expect a thorough recap from you guys Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 54398
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:
@ OP No offense, but while you always offer great insight and enthusiastic posts, reading them makes me want to pull my hair out....


I've seen much, MUCH worse. Actually, I see a lot worse than that daily on here. Wasn't hard to read at all for me.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
T1TANS f4n LIFE


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 1674
Location: Manchester, TN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:
@ OP No offense, but while you always offer great insight and enthusiastic posts, reading them makes me want to pull my hair out....


I've seen much, MUCH worse. Actually, I see a lot worse than that daily on here. Wasn't hard to read at all for me.


I mean it isn't TERRIBLE. Obviously, there is a certain other poster here who puts anyone to shame.. *ahem*. Having no sentence structure just makes my brain hurt I guess!
_________________
[Sig by Sandwhich]
XBL: SupeR TIT4N
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FIVESTARTITAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VY-FTW


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 5546
Location: T.G.I.F (Thank God Im Fresh)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T1TANS f4n LIFE wrote:
@ OP No offense, but while you always offer great insight and enthusiastic posts, reading them makes me want to pull my hair out....


Eh?

Child please!


Anyways..What Im looking forward to this game can be summed up in three words..


JAKE FREAKING LOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
_________________
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
So, when is Britt's inagural appearence on Cops coming out again?
Same time as Mike Vicks new dog grooming show.


Justin Hunter #FTW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
Things I'm looking forward to:

Locker getting enough reps to establish a rhythm.

DEs doing... anything positive.

McCarthy knocking somebody into next week.

Any RB taking what he's given, moving forward, and not killing drives. CJ and Harper are both guilty of this.

More Kendal Wright, especially with Jake throwing to him.

The offense stretching the field.


This is exactly what Im waiting to see. He supposedly will play for nearly the entire first half. I really didn't think he received enough snaps last week to get anything going. I know you're not supposed to play your "key" players to long in preseason, but I believe our circumstances are a little different than most teams. We have our franchise QB ready to take over the offense who needs as much live action experience as possible.

Really am going to pay attention to the D-line again. I was impressed with the interior line, but dissapointed with our ends. Morgan was pretty much invisible, but did see Wimbley make a few plays. Not alot of time to evaluate tho.

Linebackers looked good as a whole last week. Interested to see if Zach Brown gets any first team reps this week. Definitely could see his speed last week, and apparently Jerry Gray was raving about him.

Thompson didnt get much (if any?) first half reps. Does he make it onto the field with Locker or Hasselbeck this week? Was that fumble a fluke or is it going to be something to worry about?

Robert Johnson. I am one of his biggest critics. He has so much talent, but has basically done nothing with it until now. We are finally starting to hear his name come out of camp. Does he push Babs for first team reps (in live games), or continue to be nonexistant? He made one nice hit, but then was called for a PI call the next play. We'll see if he can improve.

Not expecting much from CJ. History has shown (someone posted his preseason stats earlier) that he doesn't receive many preseason carries, and has little to no production. I'll reserve judgement until week 1 vs. NE.

*Sigh* Interior O-line. I CAN NOT WAIT until we no longer have to worry about this group. They didn't look great last week. Did not notice much of a difference between He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and Velasco. Again, it was only week 1, but its obviously a concern.

Cant wait to see Kendall again. I hope he receives first team reps with Locker under center. Want to see more of this connection!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s_camp


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 2734
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT4Life7 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Things I'm looking forward to:

Locker getting enough reps to establish a rhythm.

DEs doing... anything positive.

McCarthy knocking somebody into next week.

Any RB taking what he's given, moving forward, and not killing drives. CJ and Harper are both guilty of this.

More Kendal Wright, especially with Jake throwing to him.

The offense stretching the field.


This is exactly what Im waiting to see. He supposedly will play for nearly the entire first half. I really didn't think he received enough snaps last week to get anything going. I know you're not supposed to play your "key" players to long in preseason, but I believe our circumstances are a little different than most teams. We have our franchise QB ready to take over the offense who needs as much live action experience as possible.

Really am going to pay attention to the D-line again. I was impressed with the interior line, but dissapointed with our ends. Morgan was pretty much invisible, but did see Wimbley make a few plays. Not alot of time to evaluate tho.

Linebackers looked good as a whole last week. Interested to see if Zach Brown gets any first team reps this week. Definitely could see his speed last week, and apparently Jerry Gray was raving about him.

Thompson didnt get much (if any?) first half reps. Does he make it onto the field with Locker or Hasselbeck this week? Was that fumble a fluke or is it going to be something to worry about?

Robert Johnson. I am one of his biggest critics. He has so much talent, but has basically done nothing with it until now. We are finally starting to hear his name come out of camp. Does he push Babs for first team reps (in live games), or continue to be nonexistant? He made one nice hit, but then was called for a PI call the next play. We'll see if he can improve.

Not expecting much from CJ. History has shown (someone posted his preseason stats earlier) that he doesn't receive many preseason carries, and has little to no production. I'll reserve judgement until week 1 vs. NE.

*Sigh* Interior O-line. I CAN NOT WAIT until we no longer have to worry about this group. They didn't look great last week. Did not notice much of a difference between He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and Velasco. Again, it was only week 1, but its obviously a concern.

Cant wait to see Kendall again. I hope he receives first team reps with Locker under center. Want to see more of this connection!


^^ I like this guy.

As far as Thompson and fumbling, his fumble against Seattle was not the kind I worry about. Two defenders stood him up, one locked him up and the other punched the ball out. He had it wrapped up tight, but sometimes it's just not enough. Would have been nice to see him go down and end the play against those odds, but I can't fault him for fighting like hell in his rookie preseason. I'm hoping he gets a good number of reps with the first team this week. Palmer has gone on and on about him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TT4Life7


Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 356
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
TT4Life7 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
Things I'm looking forward to:

Locker getting enough reps to establish a rhythm.

DEs doing... anything positive.

McCarthy knocking somebody into next week.

Any RB taking what he's given, moving forward, and not killing drives. CJ and Harper are both guilty of this.

More Kendal Wright, especially with Jake throwing to him.

The offense stretching the field.


This is exactly what Im waiting to see. He supposedly will play for nearly the entire first half. I really didn't think he received enough snaps last week to get anything going. I know you're not supposed to play your "key" players to long in preseason, but I believe our circumstances are a little different than most teams. We have our franchise QB ready to take over the offense who needs as much live action experience as possible.

Really am going to pay attention to the D-line again. I was impressed with the interior line, but dissapointed with our ends. Morgan was pretty much invisible, but did see Wimbley make a few plays. Not alot of time to evaluate tho.

Linebackers looked good as a whole last week. Interested to see if Zach Brown gets any first team reps this week. Definitely could see his speed last week, and apparently Jerry Gray was raving about him.

Thompson didnt get much (if any?) first half reps. Does he make it onto the field with Locker or Hasselbeck this week? Was that fumble a fluke or is it going to be something to worry about?

Robert Johnson. I am one of his biggest critics. He has so much talent, but has basically done nothing with it until now. We are finally starting to hear his name come out of camp. Does he push Babs for first team reps (in live games), or continue to be nonexistant? He made one nice hit, but then was called for a PI call the next play. We'll see if he can improve.

Not expecting much from CJ. History has shown (someone posted his preseason stats earlier) that he doesn't receive many preseason carries, and has little to no production. I'll reserve judgement until week 1 vs. NE.

*Sigh* Interior O-line. I CAN NOT WAIT until we no longer have to worry about this group. They didn't look great last week. Did not notice much of a difference between He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and Velasco. Again, it was only week 1, but its obviously a concern.

Cant wait to see Kendall again. I hope he receives first team reps with Locker under center. Want to see more of this connection!


^^ I like this guy.

As far as Thompson and fumbling, his fumble against Seattle was not the kind I worry about. Two defenders stood him up, one locked him up and the other punched the ball out. He had it wrapped up tight, but sometimes it's just not enough. Would have been nice to see him go down and end the play against those odds, but I can't fault him for fighting like hell in his rookie preseason. I'm hoping he gets a good number of reps with the first team this week. Palmer has gone on and on about him.


I agree, but I hope he doesn't have any fumbling tendencies everytime he's stood up. It's only been one game so I'm not worried, but it is something to keep an eye on.

I'm interested to see what he can do with either Locker or Hass throwing at him, but I'd like to see a connection as soon as possible with Locker. Apparently Locker threw a TD to him today. Hopefully this is a connection we will see many many times in the future (and this Friday Cool ).
_________________


Last edited by TT4Life7 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group